Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

obd2 temp gauge

des ayres

I used an ULTRAGAUGE device for a while that reads rather a lot of things from the obd port.

I installed it in the aygoII and also for a while in my aygoX but removed it from there because there are insufficient straight surfaces to stick the device on. No matter where I tried it, it was always out of view and a bit unsafe to drive.

Worked well though...

Scangauge is a good competitor and there are lots of Chinese devices of which I don't know anything about the quality. 

Maybe a hint when you search one  : I would try to find a wireless device. Scangauge and ultragauge connect the obd plug to the device by wire and that is a disadvantage for sure.

Don't doubt it for a second. Your appreciation is highly appreciated too.

Hi Des,

I use one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JWDQ6V2?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

I have it set to the dual display with road speed at  the top (Set to 102% as that agrees with my garmin and gives a truer reading than the Aygo speedo.....(You will get exactly what I mean if you buy one)...I have the bottom display (set to a blue colour) for the coolant temperature.  A normal reading seems to be 86-88 degrees and it works very well, just plug the flat lead into the OBD socket, set it up as you like and way you go.

In the past I have used an old android phone with the "Torque Pro" app on it connected wirelessly to a bluetooth OBD plug/transmitter and that worked well also.  Even though it was an old phone, I didn't like to leave it on show in the car and so I feel much safer having the wired gauge mounted in the centre console where it comes on with the engine and switches off when you turn the engine off.

It's pretty well made for  what it is and what it costs and it also gives me a bit of peace of mind.....For what it would cost them (And us), I really don't understand manufacturers not fitting  a temperature gauge as standard like they always used to.

Anyway, that's my recommendation, for what it's worth so all the best. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

You can use Veepeak BLE OBD2 scan tool or Carly plus other makes via bluetooth to your phone.

IMG_0702.thumb.PNG.c3f44445d1e1bd3e4277b6c643342803.PNG

Coolant temp. lower left via Car Scanner its a free download but you can upgrade to the pro version if you want six clocks.

You can change the RPM to temp if you prefer.

Thanks Neil and Derek that's just the feedback I was looking for I will investigate both!! Cheers Des

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links