Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2023 RAV4 12.3 inch Multi-information Display

Griff_4988

26 minutes ago, Iain_M said:

A few years ago I paid VW to have the visual tyre pressures displayed in my Tiguan at the cost of about £70. I asked at the time why it wasn't just fitted as standard and the reply he gave me made total sense. Basically, the EU (and we were members at the time) had made a minimum requirement that a TPMS system must be fitted in all cars being sold in EU. However, because it does not state that each individual tyre pressure needs to be reported we got what we have now as the minimum standard. I guess car manufacturers are just following the minimum standard rule for the minimum cost to apply.

Interesting that you should mention the Tiguan. My previous car before the RAV4 was a 2011 Tiguan. My understanding, at least with the older Tiguans like mine, was that the TPMS only consisted of speed sensors on the wheels (as part of the ABS system), which measured the relative speed of the wheels rather than the actual tyre pressures. Whereas more modern cars have transducers in the wheels (as part of the valve assembly), which transmit the pressures back to a receiver in the car. My original point being, that with these sensors the actual live pressure data must be available in the system somewhere, and so could be displayed.

• 2 weeks later...

Came back here to say I finally have my VIN and the manual is the same as the thread starters. So that leads me to the conclusion of

a) it is literally only for cars manufactured from 1st October onwards

or 

b) it might be for north american vehicles and not us poor souls in the UK

It seems the north american's had it on the older style display from when the RAV4 first launched too as per the image I found on a US forum.

image.thumb.png.6a90b334d9675a2a57ca8fc6fce7554b.png

Yep, looks like we’re the poor relation (as usual 😟).

• Sad 1

Any idea why this keeps popping up every 5 minutes? If I press continue it takes me to log in where my email address is already there but asks for a password? Is that my Toyota app password ?

Thanks any help appreciated.

20231106_104402.jpeg

22 hours ago, Griff_4988 said:

Yep, looks like we’re the poor relation (as usual 😟).

Are you able to get the tyre pressures via the MyToyota app? This is something else I've seen then yanks be able to do on other forums...

9 minutes ago, Grumpy stumpy said:

Any idea why this keeps popping up every 5 minutes? If I press continue it takes me to log in where my email address is already there but asks for a password? Is that my Toyota app password ?

20231106_104402.jpeg

I dont have my car yet but from what I gather you need to log in with you MyToytoa account and it should then stop popping up.

Others will be better placed at answering the question than me...(I'm just trying to be helpful)

25 minutes ago, ToyotaFanDriver said:

I dont have my car yet but from what I gather you need to log in with you MyToytoa account and it should then stop popping up.

Others will be better placed at answering the question than me...(I'm just trying to be helpful)

Great thanks that is what I was thinking but just didn’t want to try it !

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ToyotaFanDriver said:

Are you able to get the tyre pressures via the MyToyota app? This is something else I've seen then yanks be able to do on other forums...

Not that I've been able to find. The only status information I have is the open/locked state of the windows & doors, previously driven routes and driving stats.

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Grumpy stumpy said:

20231106_104402.jpeg

Don't think I've had that precise message, but I have had it dropping back to the initial screen where you have to click a couple of check boxes, and agree or disagree to use with or without multimedia (I think, from memory). I presume because somehow the system has forgotten your MyToyota account is already logged in?  It's quite annoying having to go through this again when you just want to get into the car and drive it.

Hi, new here (from Belgium) and jumping in to inform you of TPMS view on the new 12.3 digital cockpit. My car was built in May '23 but I think from much earlier in 2023 the RAV4s were equipped with this display, and I have the view of tyre pressures of the wheels that I can select. I cannot believe that only UK doesn't?? (sorry car is at dealer today so will take a pic tomorrow)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RAV4GRS said:

Hi, new here (from Belgium) and jumping in to inform you of TPMS view on the new 12.3 digital cockpit. My car was built in May '23 but I think from much earlier in 2023 the RAV4s were equipped with this display, and I have the view of tyre pressures of the wheels that I can select. I cannot believe that only UK doesn't?? (sorry car is at dealer today so will take a pic tomorrow)

I for one, would appreciate that. I've been through all the menus I can find in my car built for the UK market in the last week of June '23, and I've seen no sign of the actual tyre pressures being displayed anywhere.

Got mine September 2023 I haven’t seen that on my display, it’s on my 2022 plate GR Yaris which is very helpful.

Which makes even odder that it's not included in the RAV4. I see you have a Dynamic Grumpy s, and mine's an Excel. So it's not as though they're base models.

4 hours ago, RAV4GRS said:

So here it is. Sorry for poor quality.

IMG_5979.jpg

IMG_5980.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RAV4GRS said:

IMG_5979.jpg

IMG_5980.jpg

Many thanks for sharing and taking the time to put a photograph. @Griff_4988I dont suppose you are able to recreate the same/get to that menu?

I’m sure I’ve seen the AWD bit on the screen somewhere can’t remember the tyre pressure will have to have another play and see if I can find that bit again . 
yes Griff both have higher spec models wished the dynamic got the heated steering wheel you got !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RAV4GRS said:

IMG_5979.jpg

IMG_5980.jpg

Thanks for the pictures RAV4GRS. That menu with the Tyre Pressure check box doesn’t look familiar. I’ll go and have another play with the dash display in my car tomorrow, and see if I can find it.

2 hours ago, Grumpy stumpy said:

I’m sure I’ve seen the AWD bit on the screen somewhere can’t remember the tyre pressure will have to have another play and see if I can find that bit again . 
yes Griff both have higher spec models wished the dynamic got the heated steering wheel you got !

Yes I’ve got the AWD display, but likewise can’t find anything showing the tyre pressures.

I’ve never tried my heated steering wheel, it’s not been cold enough yet!

We went to Iceland two years ago for a holiday and hired a Rav which had the heated steering wheel, when it’s cold you will absolutely loved it mate 

10 hours ago, Griff_4988 said:

Yes I’ve got the AWD display, but likewise can’t find anything showing the tyre pressures.

I’ve never tried my heated steering wheel, it’s not been cold enough yet!

That is so incredibly strange...  why would the Tyre tab not be available in UK cars??

I haven't analysed every post in this thread in detail but it would appear that those who have TPMS tyre pressures on the display are driving either a Highlander or a RAV4 PHEV. It would appear that this feature is not available on the self-charging hybrid variant of the RAV4 at any current grade.

I could, of course, be wrong ... 😉

I wonder then if its software related depending on grade/manufacter country. That then leads to the question of if the software is out there can it be flashed/updated 🙄

@philip42h Interesting you say that because Toyota UK's own owners manual site, if you chose rav4 HEV 2023 it shows it in the manual....

I have just spent a few minutes going through the screen again and can’t even find the AWD bit now 😅 I did find a TPMS reset and replace wheel bit but no display of the pressures as above . First thing I do when I drive my GR Yaris is to check the pressures on the screen which is really helpful. 

28 minutes ago, ToyotaFanDriver said:

@philip42h Interesting you say that because Toyota UK's own owners manual site, if you chose rav4 HEV 2023 it shows it in the manual....

... which suggests that this feature may have been introduced to the hybrid at some point during the 2023 model year ... ?

10 minutes ago, philip42h said:

... which suggests that this feature may have been introduced to the hybrid at some point during the 2023 model year ... ?

Looks like its optional , from User Manual PZ49X-9A904-EN for HEV (1-10-2023) it mentions on page 123

“TPWS” (Tire Pressure Warning System) (if equipped) (P.408)

Page 409 documents how it works/changed for 7 inch and for the newer 12 inch screens - if its equipped.

Guess you need to check the detailed specification for the version your interested in.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links