Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

rav4 2016 headlight bulb

AlexandruC

Hello, who can please explain to me how to change the bulb for this type of Headlight

Screenshot 2023-12-16 175819.png

• 1 month later...

Hello, my 2017 rav4 platinum has the same headlight assembly. I am also having trouble with removing the round plastic piece to change the headlight bulb. Did you get an answer to this issue?

I recently replaced a bulb in mine, the part you need to turn seemed to be stuck so I used a long flat bladed screwdriver against the lug on the plastic piece and gave it a whack, which loosened it.

Thanks O F. Today I took the rav4 to the dealership. They were confused that the bulb could not be changed at rear of the assembly. They quoted $ 800 C to install a new assembly, so I took the car home and currently only use low beams. It seems most assemblies have removable bulbs.... could it be because mine is the "platinum" model, Toyota may have used different headlight assemblies?

I hesitate to buy the "normal" style of headlight assembly as the wiring connectors may not be the same. Any advise on this is appreciated. For a pic of my headlight kindly scroll up three posts to AlexandruC. Thanks.

2017 Rav4 Platinum

2 hours ago, Mitch230 said:

2017 Rav4 Platinum

Does the Platinum grade not have LED headlamps? If so, there won't be a 'bulb' to change ...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links