Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Flat Battery

Robbie_B

13 hours ago, MikeSh said:

No. If you've driven 100 miles and the 12V battery gives up, either the battery is trash or Toyota ****ed up. It's not a 'user' case.

It's time Toyota and other manufacturers building cars (usually hybrid or EV) with non-alternator based 12V systems got their act together.

Agree, I've noticed Hyundai have dropped their Mild Hybrid and gone back to ICE only in their 2024 i20.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eddie G said:

Agree, I've noticed Hyundai have dropped their Mild Hybrid and gone back to ICE only in their 2024 i20 problems with reliability? 

22 hours ago, PaulDE said:

My wife has a Yaris Cross which is just less than 2 years old. After  100 mile journey we stopped at a supermarket and when we came out the car wouldn’t start.  Called out the AA and the engineer diagnosed a flat / faulty battery.  He got the car running with a battery jump starter.

Paul, no criticism of you, but all you said was a flat Battery in a 2-year old car.

Is the car 2nd hand?  If it is you have no idea how the Battery was treated before you got it.

If the car was yours since new and had no previous history then you have a case.

@anchorman also has a point, was anything left on, lights for example?

Hi

My wife’s Yaris Cross was new in May 2022 & has only done 10,000 miles.

We both use it daily for short and medium length journeys.

Not what you would expect from a relatively new / modern car.

Paul

• Like 3

Paul, while we are told 60 minutes ready time is important rather than mileage  and the 60 minutes does not have to be continuous I think there is another factor. 

I would term this the quality of the Ready time.  

I have noted the there is a steady drop in voltage over time despute a sucession of. 2 mile trips in a week.  The short ready time sees an uptick but the subsequent voltage is lower than it was before the engine start.

I agree your premise the powered off load it to high.

Most of my trips are short so was using a mains charger sometimes twice a week then decided to move to solar charging trying 2x30 watt panels then added a extra 20 watt unit.

Just removed the extra 20 watt unit yesterday.

IMG_1003.thumb.PNG.ef138b8cc8f4b403363b0aa40ed77cb3.PNG

Todays voltage at 10 PM 12.58 volts

Yesterdays voltage at 10 PM 12.67 volts

All solar panels are going through the same MPPT solar charge controller then voltage monitered on a Battery Monitor.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2024 at 4:06 AM, 152bobby said:

I watched on YouTube about how to get to the battery and taking it out, looks a real pain.  Can you imagine popping in to Halfords (for example) buying a battery and getting one of those young guys to fit it 🥺🥺🥺

Naw, I can do it in minutes.  The Battery on some BMWs requires the car in bits.  I think they start with a Battery then build a car round it.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links