Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Iq - Under Mirror Mount Clip Cover??...

Mark Bosley

Evening All, 

Wonder if I could ask for some help please??

I have lost the drivers side cover clip thing; which goes underneath each mirror mounting, so not under the mirror exactly, it is more on the underside of the mirror mounting on the door.  It is the cover clip which goes underneath the mirror mounting, covering the screw that hold the mirror in place.

My wing mirror got clipped a few years back, I know some of the clips got damaged and I presume it must have finally fallen off somewhere.

I've had a look online and I cannot locate a part number for it, or even spot the part in any of the exploded diagrams.  It doesn't seem to be present in the wing mirror or door exploded diagram??  Which is odd??

Does anybody have a part number or know what the part is actually called?? 🤔

For reference, I've attached some images of the passenger side clip that I do have, but removed from the car.  Also attached is the vacant space where the driver side one should be, but is of course missing.  

Any ideas gratefully received!!

Many thanks, Mark. 👍

20240226_185956.jpg

20240226_190001.jpg

20240226_190100.jpg

it's part of the mirror assembly

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pete.Z said:

As @flash22 says, I can see that it's sold by Amayama as part of the mirror assembly - part #87496 - you can see it in Pete's diagram. If money's no object you could pay well over £100 for the little bit of plastic you need, but you'd get the rest of the rectractor assembly too!

Are there any car breakers near you?

checked online, on my epc and Toyota's epc as well as the gsic

its part of the mirror housing, that cover is specific to the IQ - the mirror cap and glass are the same as the Prius as is the body but the mount and that cover are not

IQ mirror cover.pdf

• Like 1

Evening all, 

Many thanks for the quick replies, really appreciate that!! 👍

Weirdly, I still cannot see the little piece of plastic that I need, those exploded diagrams match what I has seen myself as well.  I can't see part number 87496 either??  Hope I'm not being silly there, but I still can't see it.

I'm gonna reach out to a couple of breakers, see what they have.  Suspect I'll end up by the complete drivers side rear mirror and door mounting.  Replace the whole lot basically.  Depends what prices I get quoted.

Will see what I can find!!

Many thanks, 

Mark

6 hours ago, Mark Bosley said:

Evening all, 

Many thanks for the quick replies, really appreciate that!! 👍

Weirdly, I still cannot see the little piece of plastic that I need, those exploded diagrams match what I has seen myself as well.  I can't see part number 87496 either??  Hope I'm not being silly there, but I still can't see it.

I'm gonna reach out to a couple of breakers, see what they have.  Suspect I'll end up by the complete drivers side rear mirror and door mounting.  Replace the whole lot basically.  Depends what prices I get quoted.

Will see what I can find!!

Many thanks, 

Mark

I'm guessing this is the plastic cover (I've circled it in red)...

image.thumb.png.391d3bb0908d790edf60651dac114522.png

The whole assembly is part #87496 - the plastic cap is only a very minor part of it. Can you ask your local Toyota main dealer parts dept if it's available separately?

#87496 is a group assembly code - the full part number is 87946-74010 around £115, delivered from Japan

not sure about that circled part

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links