Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

At last... The new car is home!

CPN

3 hours ago, Dick_Dastardly said:

The speed limit beeping is super annoying.

Takes 9 button presses to turn it off every time you start the car, with a mix of short presses, long presses and scrolling through options. I've got the muscle memory for it now so it's getting easier 

Ack that is annoying, I thought someone said it would remember the setting but it sucks if that's not the case - If there's one thing the Yaris doesn't need it's more beeps for different things that sound the same! :wacko: :laugh: 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dick_Dastardly said:

The speed limit beeping is super annoying.

Takes 9 button presses to turn it off every time you start the car, with a mix of short presses, long presses and scrolling through options. I've got the muscle memory for it now so it's getting easier 

I was being optimistic. It's actually 11 presses if you include pressing the back button to get out of the menu system.

Might need a special glove for my thumb to avoid a callus developing 🤔

• Haha 4

On the plus side it'll give you street cred with all the hardcore console gamers with their "gamepad thumbs"  :laugh: 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, dash said:

Thanks for your update Colin. Just wondering where you find the mpg readout for the current tankful (I've not seen that one yet).

It isn't actually labelled as such. It just shows as a "Fuel Economy" meter insert in the left hand gauge which shows "Overall mpg" (if you have it enabled - it's one of the default ones) and, unlike the Red Baron that did it automatically at each fill up, you now have to zero it manually by a long press when you fill up. A backward step in my view...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, anchorman said:

Good stuff Colin.  I’m particularly interested in your comments because I’m contemplating the upgraded UX which has the some instrument cluster.  It would get on my wick too if the display kept defaulting.  It’s all down to eejits who spend more time messing with their phone than looking what they’re doing.  Tell me, does your car keep beeping if the breech the speed limit, does it annoy you and is it easy to switch off?

Yes Don, I'm afraid it does! It's nowhere near as annoying on a long run but I guess that is probably due to me not blasting down the road @Cyker style! 🤣Certainly, urban travel is annoying as h*ll and as @Dick_Dastardly has already said, it takes a total of 9 button pushes (with a couple of long presses thrown in!) to do a blanket "off"!! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

Ack that is annoying, I thought someone said it would remember the setting but it sucks if that's not the case - If there's one thing the Yaris doesn't need it's more beeps for different things that sound the same! :wacko: :laugh: 

It's the "Notification type" that reverts to "Audio & Visual" every time the car is power cycled... :Jumpy:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

If you activate the voice thing and say "TOYOTA, SHUT THE*&%$'# UP!!!" does that turn it off...? :whistling1: :laugh:

• Haha 6

19 minutes ago, Cyker said:

If you activate the voice thing and say "TOYOTA, SHUT THE*&%$'# UP!!!" does that turn it off...? :whistling1: :laugh:

I'll give it a try next time I'm out! :rifle:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

Thanks so much for this, keep 'em coming! :thumbsup:

Will do!

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

It's these kind of subtle detail and differences that reviewers won't even notice and only someone that's had both would notice all these small things that matter to me!

That is so true...

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

Like the lumbar support I don't think is even mentioned anywhere, nor is the acceleration settings for the DRCC!

No. I don't recall either of those being mentioned in the sales blurb either...

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

And yes, that horrible grinding sound is very disconcerting - I'm still not sure what about the auto-brake system causes that as almost sounds like someone is spinning a ratchet!

I think that it's the car, force modulating the anti-lock system on the rear discs maybe? That's the only thing I can think of that would sound like that when used in anger... It certainly stops the car damn quick!!!

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

It's a shame the displays don't 'save' fully - That would annoy the heck out of me. I wonder if there's a reason for it or if it's just a bug...? :g:

I think that the programmer's got bored and forgot to enable a "save" feature...

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

One question - I forget if you mentioned this but is the reversing camera still static or do the lines move with your steering now?

Still static I'm afraid ☹️

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

I had a play in my brother's BMW which does have the dynamic lines, and it makes using the rear camera for manoeuvring much easier! As it is I don't use mine at all any more except for judging the distance at final reverse - I've taken to "pigeoning" around the A, B and C pillars and mirrors again and using the good ol' Mk1 Eyeball, as I'm much more accurate with my reverse parking than when using the camera - Even using it a bit while steering just throws off my positioning because of the fisheye making the view so misleading!

I get your point entirely as if I use it solely, I'm usually crooked in the space when I get out and have to get back in again to straighten it up! (sigh.... my reg is not OCD for nothing!🤣)

What you do get is a smaller copy of the large sensor display in the top left corner...

A copy of this...

PXL_20240504_132531602_MP.thumb.jpg.e74b7729b076235cf82d3b6744cddb4d.jpg

To the top corner of this display when in "R"...

PXL_20240504_132554939_MP.thumb.jpg.a07bc1bae6f9ce0e68175163161e9df2.jpg

Which, to be honest, doesn't really help... ☹️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Dick_Dastardly said:

I was being optimistic. It's actually 11 presses if you include pressing the back button to get out of the menu system.

Might need a special glove for my thumb to avoid a callus developing 🤔

It actually wouldn't bother me if there was a "Visual only" setting you could get to stay the default... Blinking icons I can cope with but a random mix of dings and bongs is bonkers!!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Cyker said:

"I'm sorry. I'm having difficulty understanding" 🤣😁

• Haha 5

On 5/5/2024 at 12:21 AM, CPN said:

"I'm sorry. I'm having difficulty understanding" 🤣😁

Too polite 😉

I expected to see something on multimedi screen 😁

• Haha 2

The new car feeling 'taut'—it's quite typical. New vehicles often feel stiffer, and the suspension will indeed soften a bit as you put more miles on it. I recently went through a similar experience when I bought a new car. It felt really tight at first, but it gradually became more comfortable as I drove it.

• Like 1

Well, I placed an order on eBay for some protective edging in blue and just crossed my fingers that it would come up a close match...

PXL_20240510_113304795-EDIT.thumb.jpg.cde1cf5b887b4314b6d5d9a726f0f540.jpg

Well pleased!!! :clapping:

PXL_20240510_113453085-EDIT.thumb.jpg.72573b30f5b1ad4ef22a4f989e0577cc.jpg

I even had enough to do all 4 doors and the hatchback lip (4.5M total)...

PXL_20240510_113338859-EDIT.thumb.jpg.ed14be34a5dcc7de74841270d1a3f7fa.jpg

Couldn't have been closer if it tried!!

• Like 3

Be careful with that stuff if it's the U-shaped press-on-edge stuff rather than stick on - I had some edging strip on my Mk2 but after a while all sorts of crud started growing inside it and I had to take it all off before it started eating into the lacquer!

• Like 4

On 5/10/2024 at 10:10 PM, Cyker said:

Be careful with that stuff if it's the U-shaped press-on-edge stuff rather than stick on - I had some edging strip on my Mk2 but after a while all sorts of crud started growing inside it and I had to take it all off before it started eating into the lacquer!

... and that's exactly why I will be regularly removing it to clean underneath it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CPN said:

Finally! I found out why my car sometimes beeps 8 times at me when I lock it!

https://youtu.be/Ly-Gj54P3oA?si=81VL9DputFYL29z4

Good grief that's ridiculous, are they expecting us to learn some sort of automotive Morse Code equivalent to know what all these beeps mean??

We're now flying past the point where beeping at us is useful - It's going to be like PCs n the old days where you had a lookup table of what the beeps meant to diagnose what was wrong with them!

"Hmm okay 3 short beeps followed by 2 long beeps and a pause and... oh wait was that a pause or the end of the OHSH-"

Checking the back seat DEFINITELY doesn't need its own separate combination of beeps - There should just be one specific beep/chime/bird tweet/what-smegging-ever that means Check The Dash Display For More Information, and other beeps should be reserved for *actually* urgent alerts like Look Out You're About To Die.

Did all the people that design sane and intuitive human-machine interfaces all die off or something??

• Haha 3

The option to disable the rear seat warning (as explained in the video) is not available on my ‘24 Yaris 🙁

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, dash said:

The option to disable the rear seat warning (as explained in the video) is not available on my ‘24 Yaris 🙁

Indeed. I found that out also! :Jumpy:

(there's probably an EU directive to prevent us over here doing it!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

Good grief that's ridiculous, are they expecting us to learn some sort of automotive Morse Code equivalent to know what all these beeps mean??

It would seem that way...

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

We're now flying past the point where beeping at us is useful - It's going to be like PCs n the old days where you had a lookup table of what the beeps meant to diagnose what was wrong with them!

Ah yes! That old POST thing!! Wasn't that fun?! 🙃

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

... Dash Display For More Information, and other beeps should be reserved for *actually* urgent alerts like Look Out You're About To Die.

Yep! That definitely requires a beep! 😂

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

Did all the people that design sane and intuitive human-machine interfaces all die off or something??

No. It's that other pandemic that seems to be sweeping across the world! That total loss of common sense that seems to be draining away everywhere!! 

Never mind "batshit bonkers" Britain, the whole world has caught our disease!!

:blowup:

(wow! didn't think that would get past the snowflake filter!! 😉)

• Haha 2

Unfortunately, our cars are designed by Brussels and the knobsticks that can’t drive.  Until somebody gets a grip and we have frequent police patrols, they’ll continue to try and control bad driving at source.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, anchorman said:

Unfortunately, our cars are designed by Brussels and the knobsticks that can’t drive.  Until somebody gets a grip and we have frequent police patrols, they’ll continue to try and control bad driving at source.  

...seems to be the way of things...

• Like 2

It's actually pretty "big brother" kinda sinister really...

"You opened the back door and I want to know why??!!" 😡

"You didn't use the back seat and I want to know why!!" :rifle:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CPN said:

It's actually pretty "big brother" kinda sinister really...

"You opened the back door and I want to know why??!!" 😡

"You didn't use the back seat and I want to know why!!" :rifle:

That’s another at source warning brought about by people leaving infants in the back would you believe.  Probably engrossed with Facebook.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links