Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Yaris vs Honda Jazz

ninanina

58 minutes ago, Countryside said:

Young Bev the 130 bhp engine is also available in the GR sport trim but hard ride in this model this engine is not quite as economical as normal engine . Glad your local Toyota dealer was lovely like mine any sign of coffee and hob nob or fig biscuit ?

Their coffee is lovely but I’ve never had a biscuit 🍪 of any kind!!

1 hour ago, Countryside said:

Young Bev the 130 bhp engine is also available in the GR sport trim but hard ride in this model this engine is not quite as economical as normal engine . Glad your local Toyota dealer was lovely like mine any sign of coffee and hob nob or fig biscuit ?

Their coffee is lovely but I’ve never had a hob nob or any other kind of biscuit 🍪

I believe the Premiere model also has slightly stiffer suspension than the Excel version because of the extra power 

I don't believe so as the MK4 and yc has a good setup currently, it's just a little extra power, just a little more power ev motor. 

1 hour ago, ninanina said:

Their coffee is lovely but I’ve never had a hob nob or any other kind of biscuit 🍪

I believe the Premiere model also has slightly stiffer suspension than the Excel version because of the extra power 

That’s a shame I have choice of biscuits at mine and Toyota Badge chocolate sprinkles on my coffee 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Countryside said:

That’s a shame I have choice of biscuits at mine and Toyota badge chocolate sprinkles on my coffee 

Did the coffee feel extra reliable and a lighter bodied after this?

• Haha 1

Apart from the 130hp engine I can’t figure out on the Toyota site what exactly you get extra with the Premiere over the Excel

I will post a new topic as the Honda Jazz is now off the list

9 minutes ago, ninanina said:

Apart from the 130hp engine I can’t figure out on the Toyota site what exactly you get extra with the Premiere over the Excel

Jbl audio upgrade, limited edition status, unique colours. There's a few other bits and pieces which are nice (ambient lighting for instance) but engine and jbl are the main things. 

34 minutes ago, trashman1965 said:

Jbl audio upgrade, limited edition status, unique colours. There's a few other bits and pieces which are nice (ambient lighting for instance) but engine and jbl are the main things. 

Ambient lighting would certainly be at the top of my wish list plus a boom box and sub woofers. Can you have any special effects with it like intermittent flashing (obviously have to click on a disclaimer in settings to confirm you arent likely to have a fit) or gradually changing colour depending upon choice of music or how you are driving? Maybe even a socket in the top of the dashboard so I can have a little xmas tree for the festive season.

Ps a massaging seat would be nice too.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Chas G said:

Ambient lighting would certainly be at the top of my wish list plus a boom box and sub woofers. Can you have any special effects with it like intermittent flashing (obviously have to click on a disclaimer in settings to confirm you arent likely to have a fit) or gradually changing colour depending upon choice of music or how you are driving? Maybe even a socket in the top of the dashboard so I can have a little xmas tree for the festive season.

Ps a massaging seat would be nice too.

Methinks Charles doth mock 😉😂

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, anchorman said:

Methinks Charles doth mock 😉😂

Joking not mocking 😁

Personally I would settle for some sound deadening being fitted and a batterycharging system that replicates a 12 volt alternator.

• Like 2

Just a little follow up:

The Honda dealer where I had my test drive still hasn’t been in contact with me 

It suits me fine now that I wouldn’t buy the Jazz but it’s pretty poor don’t you think?  They clearly are being the same as Honda UK ie. they don’t want the business or to look after their customers 

I just wonder if Honda cars are planning to pull out of the UK

• Like 1

Before my local Honda dealer closed, it had one - just one - knowledgeable and responsive salesperson, someone who actually responded to emails within a day and gave useful info. Naturally, being so great, he wasn't offered a job at the nearest dealer.... When I visited this non-local dealership recently to give moral support to a colleague who was interested in a Jazz (she got a Kia eventually) without exception everyone we encountered was a total, utter muppet. My colleague liked the Jazz but so disliked the dealership staff (who were condescending, rude, zero product knowledge, no offer of a test drive "we're a bit busy this week" etc) she virtually dragged me out into the nearby Kia dealership, who were the polar opposite 

• Like 3

First visit to Honda dealer - no drink or biscuits. Second visit just a drink. 
Toyota dealer all visits - any drink and a choice of biscuits and also a small cake. 
Both sales person were knowledgeable and fine but fell in love with the Yaris. Yes like any car there are bits I would change but just need to add up the pros and cons as you find yourself. Read a lot of reviews about them both but in the end it’s personal choice and a review can’t choose for your personal circumstances. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Countryside said:

That’s a shame I have choice of biscuits at mine and Toyota badge chocolate sprinkles on my coffee 

Personally, I would not even consider buying any make of car from a dealer that did not provide freshly brewed coffee made from freshly ground beans preferably Illy, and spring water.

Lavazza at a push maybe, and Demerara sugar to put in it.

Hopefully some fresh baked Madeleines too made by a genuine French patisserie, and flown in by light plane that morning.

Some might think this is a bit over the top, but considering the amount of leg lifting and gouging that goes on, I don't think it would be out of the way to offer an aromatherapy massage aswell.

• Haha 5

Paul, when you open your own dealership, please can I visit?

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Personally, I would not even consider buying any make of car from a dealer that did not provide freshly brewed coffee made from freshly ground beans preferably Illy, and spring water.

Lavazza at a push maybe, and Demerara sugar to put in it.

Hopefully some fresh baked Madeleines too made by a genuine French patisserie, and flown in by light plane that morning.

Some might think this is a bit over the top, but considering the amount of leg lifting and gouging that goes on, I don't think it would be out of the way to offer an aromatherapy massage aswell.

That sounds lovely 😊 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, SinglePointSafety said:

Paul, when you open your own dealership, please can I visit?

Of course, and you would be most welcome.

But if was young enough to consider this, I may have to tweak the business model a tad.

Maybe an honest deal, with no BS ,no supaguard incorrectly applied,no inflated Gap insurance, no laughing boys in the sales office while a customer waits like a lemon.

No rip off finance deals to line the pockets of the dealer and "salesman".

But the coffee would still be good, and the biscuits of high quality.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Countryside said:

That sounds lovely 😊 

Thank you, and if car dealers focused on the cars, and perhaps a little bit of knowledge about what they were trying to sell, rather than the sprinkles that mean nothing, then the customer might feel a bit less ripped off.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chas G said:

Joking not mocking 😁

Personally I would settle for some sound deadening being fitted and a batterycharging system that replicates a 12 volt alternator.

Thought that's why you wanted a boombox and sub-whoofers fitted to drown out the wind, road,  and engine noise 😉 

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Of course, and you would be most welcome.

But if was young enough to consider this, I may have to tweak the business model a tad.

Maybe an honest deal, with no BS ,no supaguard incorrectly applied,no inflated Gap insurance, no laughing boys in the sales office while a customer waits like a lemon.

No rip off finance deals to line the pockets of the dealer and "salesman".

But the coffee would still be good, and the biscuits of high quality.

If you're taking suggestions, perhaps a private track and skidpan for a more thorough test drive. :naughty:  Also a nice comfy sofa. (My dealer has some impressively uncomfortable chairs...). Maybe a PlayStation 5....? :whistling1:

6 hours ago, ninanina said:

Aside from the 130HP engine, the only other thing of significance IMHO is the HUD, which I don't think you can get on any other spec.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Lavazza at a push maybe

That's going to be the Fiat dealer.

4 hours ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Hopefully some fresh baked Madeleines too made by a genuine French patisserie

Peugeot/Citroen ?

I think you're really looking for a decent sushi bar 🙂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

no laughing boys in the sales office while a customer waits like a lemon

I can't say I've experienced that at car dealerships (but they are about a twice a decade problem for me) but I have walked out of other retail establishments because of this sort of 'service'.

It even p***es me off when the person dealing with me, at checkout or whatever, is simultaneously having a (non-work related) conversation with another member of staff. It's just rude. I'd complain but the only way to do that these days is on social media, and I'm b*****ed if I'm going there thankyou very much. *

Yes, I'm old and grumpy, but the Victorians had good points.

( * Has anyone else noticed the number of companies, with websites, who say "Contact us on social media" without any other options? I assume they only want money from young customers, rather the larger amounts from older people. Fine by me.)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ninanina said:

Just a little follow up:

The Honda dealer where I had my test drive still hasn’t been in contact with me 

It suits me fine now that I wouldn’t buy the Jazz but it’s pretty poor don’t you think?  They clearly are being the same as Honda UK ie. they don’t want the business or to look after their customers 

I just wonder if Honda cars are planning to pull out of the UK

Still no response from the dealer…..

Not that I would buy a Jazz now due to the reliability issues but I know now that it’s the right decision as that’s the only Honda dealer for miles 

Shamefull really that they’ve not had the courtesy to get back to me.  They clearly don’t want my business which is fine as I wouldn’t give them a penny 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cyker said:

If you're taking suggestions, perhaps a private track and skidpan for a more thorough test drive. :naughty:  Also a nice comfy sofa. (My dealer has some impressively uncomfortable chairs...). Maybe a PlayStation 5....? :whistling1:

Yes, good suggestions Cyker, but my hypothetical dealership would be cutting costs to the bone.

So would be on codgut street in Grimsby where business rates are cheap, near the fisherman's mission,just round the corner from where I was a foundling.

Surrounded by suspicious businesses making funny noises and loud banging noises at all hours of the night, and dodgy looking characters lurking around in the shadows.

But, still good coffee, quality biscuits, and all cars guaranteed for a minimum of 10 minutes from the deal being made.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, MikeSh said:

That's going to be the Fiat dealer.

Peugeot/Citroen ?

I think you're really looking for a decent sushi bar 🙂

Aye Mike, fair point.

I do like most Japanese cars, but not keen on most raw fish 🐟, apart from wild caught smoked salmon, the "leap" brand seems to avoid the slimy feeling of the farmed sort.

I attended an invite to the local VW dealer promotion in Henley on Thames in 1985 , they were flogging Polos and Golfs mainly.

I did notice however, that the caviar on the cream cheese tiny little biscuit canapés was not Beluga, so therefore a little disappointing.

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links