Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gt4 Carlos Sainz

Tiredenz

How's it going folks?

Having deliberated with myself for a while, I have finally decided to buy a Celica GT4, more accurately a Carlos Sainz edition. Problem is, I have no idea what to look out for when giving them the once over...

I'm from Ireland and they don't appear here too often so I am thinking of trying to track one down in England and giving myself a baptism of fire on the drive back home.

What should I be looking out for? Are there any known issues with these cars? Any thing that should get special attention when thinking about buying a GT4?

Does anyone know the whereabout of a decent, unmodified Carlos Sainz edition going for reasonable money?

Any help would be very much appreciated...

Hi,

Carlos Sainz model, that's the same as the Group A homologation model, right?

If so it should have a chassis number between 1 and 5000, half of them were Group A's, the other half normal GT4's. It also should have the anti-lag valves, intercooler sprayers, and water injection, non of these came wired in however, but should be present. On the bonnet near the windscreen it should have a smallish "spoiler", at the rear end the normal GT4 spoiler is heightened by "blocks".

Maybe try a google for "celica group a", might turn up a few pics of these things.

Cheers, Yves.

Thanks for the reply folks,

I think you are right Yvvan, I'll have a look for the group A, however I don't think the insurance company would be too happy with me driving a fully blown group A on the road. Judging by the quote I've got for the GT4 they are not too happy about it as it is...

I think I may have tracked one down. Going to get a look at it either tomorrow or Tuesday... With a bit of luck it'll be in good shape and I can just take it home with me...

Thanks again

Ian

a JDM st185 comes witht the extras that made the carlos sainz different. (not bumper or bonnet, st185 has normal gt4 bonnet & bumper). leather, folding mirrors, air con, cruise con etc etc.

you will find a jdm st185 94 model with 40K miles on the clock, in superb condition for £3.5 - £4K depending where you buy it from. (the price of a fair C/S)

some are de-resticted when they arrive in the UK and have never hit maximum boost.

just a thought :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links