Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Roof Box On New Avensis

matty2767

is it possible to fit a roof box to a new avensis hatch.

if so has anyone got any recommendations/comments

thanks

matt

Yes it is...

I've just gone to my dealer few days ago to see the same kind of stuff for my new avensis and there are 2 or 3 types of roof boxes. Depens on how much you can spend and how big one you need. But don't, I repeat DO NOT go for any box that is not Toyota's one. I´ve damaged the roof on my previous car (VW Golf IV) putting cheaper one, not original.

thanks for the reply.

to be honest since i originally posted i have had thoughts of getting a trailer instead. they work out at about the same price in the end and will be more useful for going to the tip etc.

wouldnt a Thule one be ok though? they cost enough

Driving is never the same thing. With the roof box you just need to be a little bit more careful in curves (not to go at high speed) but on motorway or straight highway you can drive as you wish. Fuel consumption is less with roof box as well. I would strongly recomend one

By the way, with trailer you have to be very careful because it jumps arround even in a motorway. It's easier to drive a truck, trust me.

Hi i've a new Avensis tourer and own both a roof box and trailer.

As far as I'm aware the actual box make doesn't matter, its the feet on the roof bars that do. I've gone for a Fapa box (recommended in an autoexpress product test) with Thule bars and feet.

The box and bars probably cos the same as a small trailer, but once you factor in fitting a tow bar, another couple hundred quick (more if toyota dealer does it), it is the more expensive option.

Pros for roof box - more secure if you leave it, easier to manurvre (esp reversing)

Pros for trailer - more versatile, get more in it, seems to be more fuel efficient (possible due to being limited to 60mph legally in uk & by the rating of the tyres)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links