Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Th3000 Car Alarm Problems

jtsongas

I've got an annoying problem with the TH3000. There is a neighbor who passes all hours of the day or night and has an exhaust in very poor condition. Every time he rolls by the alarm goes off. This makes for great fun in the middle of the night. I tried adjusting the sensitivity of the Ultrasonic unit with no luck. I then even tried removing the wiring coming from the ultrasonic sensors and still the alarm goes off. So, what the heck could possibly be causing this?

Also, I happened to come across an instruction pamphlet for the system which had something interesting. It gives details of the "automatic arming" which occurs 30 seconds after you turn off the car and exit the vehicle. But this feature is marked "if enabled" and it does not seem to be on my vehicle. The part that it seems to make no mention of is how you "enable" this feature. There must be some easy method which seems like it should be in the pamphlet but no luck there. I can't imagine having my local Toyota dealer handle this as he was unable to shift my vehicle into nuetral due to it being an automatic. (Automatics are uncommon in Greece but still I expect a great deal more from a dealer/service station)

TIA,

Jason

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links