Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Like The Mk3

qwertyuiop

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darth Paul

• GIDDLEPIN

• mr2nut123

• houston

We're finally being accepted! :D

Wouldn't go that far ..

It's more like the Mk2'ers ain't accepted in with the Mk1/3 gang .. and us turbo boys are right out :lol:

S'funny how others perceive it. I lurvvvvvvve the MK1 and MK2. I also love being roofless. Completely roofless. But if I wave/flash MK1/2 cars then I'm usually met with bafflement. Seems that lots of folks still don't realise that my little "chick car" :rolleyes: is an MR2.

lol every1 to their own i suppose but ive seen 6 mk3s and 5 of the drivers were women in their 40's

Yeah with their roofs up too. :rolleyes: Actually, most of the folks on www.mr2roc.org are chaps. And we're not !Removed! actually. :huh: And we put our roofs down, coz we're hard. :D Um, actually my hard top's on at the mo. But the ladies on the site are 'proper' '2 drivers, not some air-headed girlies.

lol every1 to their own i suppose but ive seen 6 mk3s and 5 of the drivers were women in their 40's

So I like dressing up now and again

Les (aka Shirley) :P 15_1_54v.gif

if i see a mk3 i always pop the lights but none of them seem to do owt back so i give up. i saw 2 mk2s 2day at same time all 3 of us at the lights on red beepin n flashin like loons, wa pretty funny to see the other peoples baffled expressions lol.

lol its a shame really. would be good if every1 who bought an mr2 had to prove they were mental on them and love cars ;) we'd be gettin waves everywhere. dint mean to diss the mk3 its a wiked car, but ive read a fair few reviews about not enough power and having to upgrade the engine with a turbo etc. just sounds like hassle to me?

lol its a shame really. would be good if every1 who bought an mr2 had to prove they were mental on them and love cars ;) we'd be gettin waves everywhere. dint mean to diss the mk3 its a wiked car, but ive read a fair few reviews about not enough power and having to upgrade the engine with a turbo etc. just sounds like hassle to me?

Sure, the car IS underpowered, but it's the complete package which makes it such a hoot. And on B roads it really shines. ;) It's like a go-kart. But I do plan to address the power at some point in the future...

But you've missed the worst bit – it's been voted Britains most impractical car! :rolleyes: Like I REALLY give a f**k! If people don't buy it, then it remains EXCLUSIVE. B) Fine by me.

I saw 2 blokes in a mk3 tonight at a nearby McDonalds. I'm not saying anything, lol.

I know.

The other guys Mk2 broke down and he was giving him a lift! :P :D

I saw 2 blokes in a mk3 tonight at a nearby McDonalds. I'm not saying anything, lol.

Bugger off! :D I mate of mine has an old white MX5. Now we REALLY look !Removed! in that!

saw a nice mk3 a few months ago, just as driver was gettin in i said it looks nice, he said thanks but sounded like graham norton!!! not that it has owt to do with this topic :unsure:

but i like everything about them apart from interior finish, too many new cars seem to have a plastic feel to them (renault especially)

said it many times before:

there's nothing wrong with the MK3 add a turbo and a TRD widebody kit.

And thats one car to be envious over :D

7a9a068c.jpg

saw a nice mk3 a few months ago, just as driver was gettin in i said it looks nice, he said thanks but sounded like graham norton!!! not that it has owt to do with this topic :unsure:

Probably didn't realise you were talking about the car ;)

but i like everything about them apart from interior finish, too many new cars seem to have a plastic feel to them (renault especially)

Um, ALL Toyotas have plastic interiors – INCLUDING Mk1 and Mk2s.

i said plastic FEEL! mk2s dont look or feel like plastic and i think its this detail that is bein lost in new cars

the interiors of mk2s look pretty plastic to me m8, they are 15 year old cars after all!

maybe you got the special brushed aluminium interior though, who knows :)

only bit u can really tell is plastic is centre console and facia, rest has too soft a feel to be plastic and doesnt look like it, ive owned a few cars and i know what a plastic dash is like! unless mine is different which i doubt, anyone with a mk2 gonna help me here? :blink:

said it many times before:

there's nothing wrong with the MK3 add a turbo and a TRD widebody kit.

And thats one car to be envious over :D

7a9a068c.jpg

One thing, both mk3 and mk2.....

they look like radio controlled cars from some angles :hokus-pokus:

That looks cool though....

the centre console and air vents etc is plastic. The rest looks and feels like some sorta leather stuff.

Its usually padded vinyl :thumbsup:

Not only does it look better and "feel" better.. it acts a bit like a sound deadener too :thumbsup:

the mr2 may be 15 year old............but its so much better looking and faster than others in its class. i thought cars were meant to get better as time goes on :blink:

the mr2 may be 15 year old............but its so much better looking and faster than others in its class. i thought cars were meant to get better as time goes on :blink:

What other cars were in it's class? RWD and mid-engined? I suppose the 200SX... What else? But yeah, the MK2 is better looking than the 200SX, but perhaps the 200SX was more entertaining in standard form? Obviously the turbo '2 could easily keep up though. ;)

What other cars were in it's class? RWD and mid-engined? I suppose the 200SX... What else? But yeah, the MK2 is better looking than the 200SX, but perhaps the 200SX was more entertaining in standard form? Obviously the turbo '2 could easily keep up though. ;)

Good point....it rose to a class of it's own :P

In 1989 when it 1st came out it was the fastest japanese production car availble.....the NSX was/is it's closes't rival I reakon. NSX easier to drive/control but skilled vs skilled there basicly even. Talking rev III out of the box Batmo RX7 is a great rival :) and as you mention the 200sx....s15 of course. Oh and talking out of the box specs the GTS-25T Skyline weighs up quite well.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

who cares about the interior anyway, the mk2 is one of the most beautifully designed mainstream cars... ever.

Anyone know who designed it? Must be an Italian..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links