Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oh The Look On His Face........

theenemywithin

I have just upset some Haidressing Ponce in a Scooby Doo. B)

I pulled out onto a dual carriage way and Mr Doo comes screaming up behind me. :angry:

So, drop down into second and floor it. :D

Mr Doo pulls out into outside lane and is also going for it. :angry:

6250rpm and i'm pulling away!!! :o

We pull up along side each other at the roundabout and he's eyeballing my car and wondering what the :censor: just happened. :thumbsup:

There must have been something wrong with his Rocket ship. :crybaby:

Surely my Humble CTS can't do that? :eek:

Or can it? <_<

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bzn

• Yarisboy

• Treuno

• The Gooner

No, there will have been something DRASTICALLY wrong with his car ..

Like only using odd numbered gears or something ..

lol Bibbs :D

what ?

The lowest spec Scumbaru is about 225bhp .. and with a load more torque due to the turbo ..

Could have been one of those horrid 1.8 non turbo ones ..

Well, i thought he might have missed a cog or summat.

The look of ditress on his face might of been from the big oil field draining gulp of fuel his car had just sniffed.

Or he might always look like that.

Or his Scooby might have been a 'fur coat, no knickers' kind of thing. Which if it was/is makes him silly.

:thumbsup:

scooby doo = subaru

Well over here loads of pople buy a scooby (or lancer) and think that they are real rally racers. When someone who knows the job races them (even on a potentially much slower car) they get lost - "where's the advantage i had over that 1.6 (maybe even diesel)???"

Also it might be one of those people who buy a N/A 1.6 or 2 litre Lancer / Scooby and think that they're in the rally mainstream! Obviously for him, the rolla is a car he can beat!

But, sometimes it's just not all that simple :)

That's one of the reaseons why all of the pople here love the CTS

At the same thime thera are people who know how to use these machines to their full potential. You probably won't be able to keep up with them!

Its all dependant upon the scoob type, classic shape (pre 2001) cars hit 100 in roughly 15 secs, however 5.4 of this is the 0-60 giving a 60-100 of roughly 9.5 -10 secs. This is the same as a clio cup or type R and the CTS won't be too far behind!

If it was a bug eye WRX these hit 100 in about 19 secs and I would expect a CTS to pull from one (but please don't think you hvae done well B)

The newest shape WRX performance equates to the classic in broad terms.

I haven't mentiuoned the STI versions because quite frankly it wasn't one of those B)

LOL

I have had a go against a subaru on a section of clear dual laned road up a slight hill from a rounderbout

I hit every gear near perfect and it was like i was parked on the side or in reverse ... not sure which

It may have been a Sport - The N/A version. Which I have toasted easily in the past :D

It's just down the road from us - all made to look like a Turbo with the high level spoiler, exhaust, bonnet scoop and rims. Hehehe The Scoob forums are constantly taking the mickey out of the owner :D

Or as other people said the driver messed up his gearing. There's no chance you'd have had him easily, sorry.

Well over here loads of pople buy a scooby (or lancer) and think that they are real rally racers.

------------------

But, sometimes it's just not all that simple

That's one of the reaseons why all of the pople here love the CTS

When I was last in Russia everone seemed to love there GAZ Volga's and Moskvichs. If it's a Volga 21 or a GAZ M20 I can fully understand why, they are so cool to look at...a real 'retro street cruiser'

It's easy to work out if it's a turbo or not. Was there a bonnet scoop on it, if so then it's a turbo if not then it's probably a N/A 2.0L sport. But then again it could have been an N/A one all bazzed up to look like a turbo (WHY BOTHER??), with a scoop.

When I was last in Russia everone seemed to love there GAZ Volga's and Moskvichs. If it's a Volga 21 or a GAZ M20 I can fully understand why, they are so cool to look at...a real 'retro street cruiser'

Yeah, and it's popular today to tune them. This is the most famous - Volga V12 Coupe.

http://www.autoreview.ru/new_site/year2001...00/volga-00.jpg

http://www.autoreview.ru/new_site/year2001...olga_new_02.jpg

http://www.autoreview.ru/new_site/year2001...olga_new_01.jpg

Not bad at all! It's based on a BMW 850 CSi. And it's tuned to ride even better! Hell of a retro car!

I think the CTS is well understated, not long a go i gave a non Evo Lancer turbo a right hard time in my CTS, think the guy couldn't believe it either, add to the list a S Type jag which i drag raced up a hill the other day, i know the CTS is not even in the same league as the Scoobie Doos and the Evo's but i find it suprises most people, bear in mind your run of the mill driver will think most Corolla's are 1.6's.

Love to see if the CTS makes a petrol fumed getaway, always in lift when i over take, just wonder what it sounds like when your car goes raking past someone at 8000 Revs

just wonder what it sounds like when your car goes raking past someone at 8000 Revs

I would imagine it sounds awsome, similar to a F1 car (I wish), but seriously it must sound deep and meaty, it does inside when you hit 6250 through to 8000

Yeah, and it's popular today to tune them. This is the most famous - Volga V12 Coupe.

http://www.autoreview.ru/new_site/year2001...00/volga-00.jpg

http://www.autoreview.ru/new_site/year2001...olga_new_02.jpg

http://www.autoreview.ru/new_site/year2001...olga_new_01.jpg

Not bad at all! It's based on a BMW 850 CSi. And it's tuned to ride even better! Hell of a retro car!

Thanks for that, good pictures, like the exterior but not interior (interior looks too modern...needs more chrome) if memory serves me right I think it was done by a car custom firm called 'A-Level'.

Reason I have been supprised Toyota is popular in Russia is because I would have thought they would rust away so quickly during your winters. Although a totally reliable car mechanically (which is why I like Toyota) the body work is a bit on the thin side (compared to something like a Volga!).

I dont want to pi*s on anyones fire who owns a T/Sport but you could never beat a scooby what ever the conditions! When the turbo kicks in on the scooby it pulls so well it is unbelivable!

You will be able to beat a non turbs scooby because i have beat a couple of them in my AE86!

I dont want to pi*s on anyones fire who owns a T/Sport but you could never beat a scooby what ever the conditions! When the turbo kicks in on the scooby it pulls so well it is unbelivable!

You will be able to beat a non turbs scooby because i have beat a couple of them in my AE86!

You eat my words!

I´m tired to scream the engine to limiter it going.It lacks lower torque .That started to ***** me off after couple of weeks when I get my TS.Definitely change it to Golf V GTI WHEN IT ARRIVES here in finland.Maybe it offers torque I want.Cts is fast when you keep it over 6200 rpm but IT LACKS TORQUE BIG TIME.That´s what ****** me off.Hope you understand what I MEAN. :thumbsup:

just wonder what it sounds like when your car goes raking past someone at 8000 Revs

I would imagine it sounds awsome, similar to a F1 car (I wish), but seriously it must sound deep and meaty, it does inside when you hit 6250 through to 8000

Maybe not a F1 CAR but ZZ-ge ´s sound is really awesome when you overtake

somebody.Test it in tunnel.Second gear at 90-95 kph windows down it´s fu##ing great. :drool::drool::drool:

i think i understand..

you mean you're tradying your tsport in because it has no torque below 6200... that right?

I wouldn't tell them here you're changing to a golf GTi either, you'll get laughed off the board.... even though the new golf gti will have 250bhp :)

i think i understand..

you mean you're tradying your tsport in because it has no torque below 6200... that right?

I wouldn't tell them here you're changing to a golf GTi either, you'll get laughed off the board.... even though the new golf gti will have 250bhp :)

Yep! You get the point.CTS isn´t crap but I want power from the idle?Is this the right way to say it?What ever ,Golf wouldnt be a s**tty decision on my mind. :blink: I love my CTS when it kicks in but,power is behind a hard work.I´m tired to scream her to limiter to get it going.shame.Hope VW wouldn´t be same as CTS.. :group-cuddles: :D

samppa: Im so glad you say that about your t/sport! I had a little arguement about this with someone on here, saying that the t/sport would be so much better if the VVTL-i was lowered, and they got all technical and argumentative!

(hope you understand my wording!)

This is why my new 20valve engine which also has vvti, has a after market engine management system which allows the vvti to kick in at 2000rpm not 5000rpm! Which gives alot better torque! :)

i think i understand..

250 bhp you say?

If you knew your stuff you may say closer to 197bhp lol! :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links