Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Guage

Demonic Angel

What is this range ppl are talking about? .. Does it tell you how many miles you got left in the tank or something? Cos i've never been aware that they have it on the Yaris ... at least not on mine.

It only has the trip computer that calculates the total distance you've done in the car and a thing that calculates the miles per gallon you've done.

Please tell me i'm wrong cos i'd love to have a feature like that! :yes:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Demonic Angel

• T V O R

• seveer unaek

• reece

What is this range ppl are talking about? .. Does it tell you how many miles you got left in the tank or something? Cos i've never been aware that they have it on the Yaris ... at least not on mine.

It only has the trip computer that calculates the total distance you've done in the car and a thing that calculates the miles per gallon you've done.

Please tell me i'm wrong cos i'd love to have a feature like that!  :yes:

Its on the trip computer along with (Av Mpg,Actual Mpg etc)

Yeah, just press "Trip" a couple of times until it tells you the number of miles you have left in your tank

:D

Is this a phase 2 thing?? Cos i most certainly havn't got it! Iv got avg mpg, avg speed and current mpg. No range thing! My bar's are pretty acurate though... 50miles and first blip goes, 95 miles and second goes, until it starts flashing at about 280miles. Then i push it for another 20miles and it's fine, so i go another 20 and it just about reaches the garage!!

320miles to a tank i hear you say... i drive properly! None of this granny driving... sends me to sleep!

Is this a phase 2 thing?? Cos i most certainly havn't got it! Iv got avg mpg, avg speed and current mpg. No range thing! My bar's are pretty acurate though... 50miles and first blip goes, 95 miles and second goes, until it starts flashing at about 280miles. Then i push it for another 20miles and it's fine, so i go another 20 and it just about reaches the garage!!

320miles to a tank i hear you say... i drive properly! None of this granny driving... sends me to sleep!

Granny driving! - I dont drive like a granny - behave yourself! :D :D :P

I mean I'm not a racer or anything, but defo NOT a granny - I'm inbetween! :D

Never let your fuel gauge go down to the flashing bar! Think of all the crud at the bottom of your petrol tank - do you really want that dragged through your engine? Didn't think so! :thumbsup:

Well it seems to have settled down now - I havent refilled yet (not had chance!) and its gone down to half a tank, which seems more reasonable....

So I'm happy now - my car is ok! :D

Get a D-4D ... my fuel guage hardly ever moves :)

I've had my D-4D for a couple of months and done 4000 miles.

From my experience: from a full tank I've found that it takes about 120 miles for the first fuel guage LED to go out. Then about further 70 miles for the second one to go out. Then very approximately 50 miles for each of the remaining LED segments.

I'm with these guys! (especially Mr. Gorman's 120, 70 then 50 theory - mine's about the same)

I drove little sister's Blue to her "daaawn saaarf" and found the range calculator to be pesimistic in the extreme. Us oil burners don't have it, so I reset the Trip A when I fill up and between that and the fuel gauge I can make a pretty accurate estimation of my range.

Hope it sorts itself,

Alan

the range thing is phase2 only :)

Ah .. thought so. But that sucks, would be cool to have that providing its accurate!

Never let your fuel gauge go down to the flashing bar! Think of all the crud at the bottom of your petrol tank - do you really want that dragged through your engine? Didn't think so! :thumbsup:

Its a new car! What crud?

Yeah, there shouldn't be any crud at all. Even in an older car, if it's well maintained and serviced regularly and isn't filled up with the crappiest of petrols, then the car should have no crud anywhere!

Its a new car! What crud?

Oops I let the courtesy car I had go down to the flashing bar!!! :blink: Ah well it wasnt my car so I dont care!

I think the days of having crud in your fuel are long gone. This day and age I’m sure it’s filtered here there and everywhere.

Saying that I think it’s a good idea to keep the fuel tank full this time of year to help prevent condensation forming on the inside of the fuel tank. I’m filling up today

Yeah, but less fuel equals less weight which equals better acceleration!!

Not a problem with a T-Sport, still goes like dog !Removed! off a shinny shovel!!

:thumbsup:

My SR aint bad neither! Especially with the weight of my right foot! I noticed the petrol thing mainly in my Matiz because that weighed nothing and anything extra was like having a full car! Plus... it had no power!

Is the Matiz something like 700/800cc?

Does the SR have any factory engine mods than a normal 1.3 being as it is a Sports model? In the Toyota brochures it says the T-Sport has a tuned engine, (whatever that means) is the SR the same?

Matiz is 800cc - I had one too! :D Fuel consumption in my Matiz was great - £20 would last me ages, almost a month sometimes as my journeys to work were short....

Then I moved jobs to Coventry and obviously it got worse, but not by much - oh and then some swine forced me off the road so it was bye bye Matiz, hello Yaris! :D

Yeah, there shouldn't be any crud at all. Even in an older car, if it's well maintained and serviced regularly and isn't filled up with the crappiest of petrols, then the car should have no crud anywhere!

Maintenance and servicing has nothing to do with yer fuel tank??? And there will still be crap in any petrol you put in, lets face it! :thumbsup:

Does the SR have any factory engine mods than a normal 1.3 being as it is a Sports model? In the Toyota brochures it says the T-Sport has a tuned engine, (whatever that means) is the SR the same?

I dont think it has as standard. Although before the T-Sport came out in 2001 i believe the SR was the top model before that .. so it wouldnt suprise me that they would say the T-Sport has a tuned engine.

Maintenance and servicing has nothing to do with yer fuel tank??? And there will still be crap in any petrol you put in, lets face it! :thumbsup:

As for crap in your fuel, the only thing you can do is use optimax or equivalent to reduce it to a minimum. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links