Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Guage

Demonic Angel

Matiz was indeed a lowly engine. 796cc to be presise... but it was serious fun and for a 1st car i couldn't fault it... it wouldn't let me speed!, therfore i have a nice clean license. But it was dangerously small for a guy of my frame!

As far as im aware, i don't think the SR has any tuning, but it still feels damned nippy. Granted it ain't flaming the road, but for a 1.3 it's darned quick! Past 3500rpm it just sings! Got my 0-60mph down to 10.9 too! Toyota are indeed very reserved with their 0-60mph times! But it's in-gear acceleration that astounds me, in 2nd and 3rd gears coming out of a corner, or overtaking or doing anything really... in the revs it just sings! Belting little car! You really can love it too much!

I'm running mine on optimax now, and after a few refills, there is a definate increase in mpg, and a teeny bit in performance, though that may be in the head... to compensate for the lesser amount in my wallet!

The matiz was a true god for MPG... £25 filled it! And that lasted a long time!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Demonic Angel

• T V O R

• seveer unaek

• reece

I think the days of having crud in your fuel are long gone. This day and age I’m sure it’s filtered here there and everywhere.

Saying that I think it’s a good idea to keep the fuel tank full this time of year to help prevent condensation forming on the inside of the fuel tank. I’m filling up today

So I am thinking if the condensation forms it'll dilute the petrol down or something? :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...
IMO digital fuel gauges are never as good as a normal one mines sitting on 0miles atm yet the guage is still showing 2 bars left

Yeah my digital gauge on my TS is the same it hardly moves any bars for ages then suddenly it will jump bars fast, then it stops at 2 bars. You get used to it though.

So I am thinking if the condensation forms it'll dilute the petrol down or something? :unsure:

No it won’t dilute it, petrol and water doesn’t mix. You will get water droplets collecting at the bottom of the fuel tank, as water is heavier than petrol.

Matiz was indeed a lowly engine. 796cc to be presise... but it was serious fun and for a 1st car i couldn't fault it... it wouldn't let me speed!, therfore i have a nice clean license. But it was dangerously small for a guy of my frame!

My 1st car was a 750cc Fiat Panda. Dangerously fun to drive, purely because it slid and rolled an awful lot, and wasn't the easiest thing to stop because it had no vacuum servo on the brakes! Was good on petrol though, until you took it on the dual carriageway that is!!!

No it won’t dilute it, petrol and water doesn’t mix. You will get water droplets collecting at the bottom of the fuel tank, as water is heavier than petrol.

Its funny when the weather starts getting a bit warmer and condensation collects in the exhaust boxes, and then proceeds to pee out when you go up a steep hill!!! Am i right in thinking that you will always get condensation in your fuel tank etc, especially from unleaded that's been sat a while, because petrols a hydrocarbon based product? I'm sure i red that somewhere... lol maybe chemistry lessons :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

I am also having problem with fuel gauge on my Yaris 1999 GS - made in Japan one.

Started a few months ago when it got stuck at the 5th bar even after having done 350 miles. On full fill-up, it was still stuck there. But after a couple of restarts, it showed full. But now the guage seems to very unresponsive - after 1oo miles still showing full. Even after doing 350 miles of town driving it still show 7 bars. It has never below 5 bars but then I have never run it dry.

Never had this problem before, it was never that unresponsive.

Any suggestions please ?

Cheers

Its funny when the weather starts getting a bit warmer and condensation collects in the exhaust boxes, and then proceeds to pee out when you go up a steep hill!!!  Am i right in thinking that you will always get condensation in your fuel tank etc, especially from unleaded that's been sat a while, because petrols a hydrocarbon based product? 

The exhaust condenses in the cold exhaust system. This forms sulphuric acid which eats the exhaust away from the inside.

If the system warms up fully then it doesn't form in the car and is released as SO2, but if the system doesn't warm up by the end of the journey, the exhaust has this sulphuric acid left in it the rest of the day.

I believe your car will produce 1 litre of water per 1 gallon of fuel burnt :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links