Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Why Is It "cool" To Drive With Fog Lights?

Braindead

I agree they look stupid, BUT when i have dip beam on i use the front fogs aswell, this is because the dip beam on the Gen 6 Celica is Crap!

And before you start moaning i am saving up for Projector front lights and H.I.D. conversion kits for them aswell (Which will be adjusted correctly!)

But the main problem is stuff like BMW X5's (ie tall vehicles) with HID/Xenon lights, all these do is blind me! not good when all you can see is a white dot in your vision and not the road/other cars etc.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CraigT

• GT4 BOOSTER

• midmotorsteve

• Kelvyn

cant see how a celica lowered or a mr2 not lowered could dazzle anyone at all , they are simply too low on the road. its these new ice blue headlights Halfords sell they f :censor: ing blind people. which is why i have a set of philips hb3 and hb4's on order. cant beat em join em. :thumbsup:

Interesting that folks are using the excuse that fogs enable them to see the road immediately infront and to the side which headlamps alone don't.

If you were travelling above walking pace you wouldn't be able to stop in time to avoid someething if it was close enough for the fogs to make a difference over dipped headlights......would you? ;)

cant see how a celica lowered or a mr2 not lowered could dazzle anyone at all , they are simply too low on the road. its these new ice blue headlights halfords sell they f  :censor: ing  blind people. which is why i have a set of  philips hb3 and hb4's on order. cant beat em join em.  :thumbsup:

your reactions arn't that sharp are they ;) dodged many a pot hole this way in the lanes (20 / 30 mph) :D

i feel people on here are afriad to say they use their front fog lights when maybe its not foggy. i use mine at night particularly on dark roads. it does increase the visibility on the road directly infront of you, especially if there is no street lighting and u have ur beam set to view further out. i dont care if it looks cool or not. i care about being able to see clearly, i do use my fog lights when its not foggy, but lets face it, the police should think about picking up real offenders, like people who speed, drink and drive, etc. not because they have an extra set of lights on which dont even dazzle anyone anyway...

cant see how a celica lowered or a mr2 not lowered could dazzle anyone at all , they are simply too low on the road. its these new ice blue headlights halfords sell they f  :censor: ing  blind people. which is why i have a set of  philips hb3 and hb4's on order. cant beat em join em.  :thumbsup:

your reactions arn't that sharp are they ;) dodged many a pot hole this way in the lanes (20 / 30 mph) :D

???? meaning what exactly , i dont follow you

fog lights hurt my eyes, and anyone coming towards me with them on will get full beams in return.

there's no need for foglights to be used, when there is an absence of fog.

???? meaning what exactly , i dont follow you

oops sorry, was meaning to hit reply to the post below yours :D makes more sense then :D

:lol: i wondered myself as driving a gt4 i think reactions have to be pretty sharp. :thumbsup:

Ive decided to get a set of high density 'super brilliance' 50% brighter xenon bulbs for my MR2.

Some seem to doubt that bad night vision is an excuse to use your foglights. So a set of Super Brilliance bulbs should sort me out nicely. Most people on here seem to find fog lights worse (which baffles me) so by using the high density bulbs which are perfectly road legal to use at all times, Im sorted :thumbsup:

Plus I have the added bonus of not looking like a chav with my spots on :D

Seriously though, my 9 year old halogen headlamps are seriously dim and 'yellow' in appearance :blink:

fogs dont bother me that much, but i do think it is just downright stupid in towns etc..

These super brillance lights are supposed to be dipped!! but most poeple have them up and they blind the crap outta you... these get on my !Removed!...

Iv been on the motorway before and been blinded by people using full beam, i couldnt see what i was doing cos it was that bright !

The one that get on my nerves are the ones that flicker, you see someone coming to you and when they go over a bump it looks like they flashed you.... dangerous..

I got some today as well as they are buy one get one free :D I saw while buying them they also do 50% increased brightness FOG Lights.... :D

OK, let's take this to the next stage......what's the point of the little blue LEDS on top of the dash or on the bonnet then? :eek:

OK, let's take this to the next stage......what's the point of the little blue LEDS on top of the dash or on the bonnet then?  :eek:

tell you when the Battery in the Prius is charged ;)

I got some today as well as they are buy one get one free :D  I saw while buying them they also do 50% increased brightness FOG Lights.... :D

Heh Heh I saw the 50% brighter fogs too. Jesus. Can you imagine??

Have you fitted your 50% brighter bulbs yet mate? Was there a huge difference?

I got some today as well as they are buy one get one free :D  I saw while buying them they also do 50% increased brightness FOG Lights.... :D

Heh Heh I saw the 50% brighter fogs too. Jesus. Can you imagine??

Have you fitted your 50% brighter bulbs yet mate? Was there a huge difference?

Going to do it tomorrow, got to do the runabout as well, the dipbeam had failed on the other car so had to get bulbs, when i discovered they were half price at present thought i'd treat myself... one thing now... my MR2 now shares the identical part no. bulbs as my Proton..

OK, let's take this to the next stage......what's the point of the little blue LEDS on top of the dash or on the bonnet then?  :eek:

They are to make you look like a proper d*ck head

the chavs and chavettes who drive with their front fogs on in town in clear conditions:

stupid but trying to look cool,

probably young and inexperienced,

need a couple of slaps (or shot in kneecaps) to sort em out.

now the morons who drive with full beams on:

they are not young....they are jeremy clarkson type middle aged arrogant @r53h0les.

no idea how dangerous they are being.

i reckon theres a whole new breed of 50-something, BMW driving males who like tailgating...any thoughts?

the chavs and chavettes who drive with their front fogs on in town in clear conditions:

they are not young....they are jeremy clarkson type middle aged arrogant @r53h0les.

i reckon theres a whole new breed of 50-something, BMW driving males who like tailgating...any thoughts?

50-something drivers are a nightmare. Ive never seen such a bunch of determined b*stards in all my life! Getting older must really be dealing a hefty blow id imagine.

In fact 90% of the time I get wound up by another driver, its usually NOT a younger driver OR a chav. Its a 50-something.

Craig were you near cearphilly yesterday???

I saw a white Mr2.. looked just like yours!

Craig were you near cearphilly yesterday???

I saw a white Mr2.. looked just like yours!

Wasnt me matey. I had the luxury of being trapped in work all day <_<

50-something drivers are a nightmare. Ive never seen such a bunch of determined b*stards in all my life! Getting older must really be dealing a hefty blow id imagine.

In fact 90% of the time I get wound up by another driver, its usually NOT a younger driver OR a chav. Its a 50-something.

:eek: Well excuse me for being 50-something (52 actually). I never tailgate, never leave headlights on main beam if someone is ahead, dont use fogs unless its foggy and am VERY considerate of other road users.

That said I dont drive a BMW though :lol::lol:

Think you may have made a bit of a sweeping statement there. I mean its like saying are all good drivers.

who the hell drives around with main beam on ? in 20 years of driving i have never ever seen 1 person with main beam on whilst driving, only on deserted country lanes thats it.and front fogs are deemed driving lights and dont even blind you - such drama queens :lol:

Sorry Kelvin I know not everyone is like that, this is just my personal experience. Maybe Im having a bad run :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links