Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Love The Taxman

daktari

Yup. Tax rebate time :D Which means i get to pay for xmas and maybe indulge in some retail therapy. Perhaps some bling for the old GT4.

I`ve got a list all ready. My GOLD discount card is freshly polished and i`ve got an empty heated garage and 3 Months till spring . Life dont get much better. :lol:

Howcome everyone seems to get tax rebares and I haven't?

Here you go fella. Fill this in and wait in eager anticipation. I think you can claim up to 5 years back tax. Tax check thingy

If your self employed your accountant should sort it out. If your an employee ask what your allowed to claim for. You`d be surprised. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tell me about it - the last one I got was back in 1998 - havent seen any money off the taxman since

I'm probably the poor mug keeping him in Armani suits.... :D

My dads a taxman and he ain't wearing no Armani suit! He's the nice taxman though, he gives you guys the money back and works out what you should get back and deals with your problems! :thumbsup:

How do tax rebates work?

Very well. :lol:

Not too sure. I think they work out what they think your going to earn in a year then offset that against your tax code. (PAYE is only a guestimate at best) On top of that you can claim for work related expenses such as using your car for company business, cleaning overalls/suits. Shoes, Tools. Loads of things. It may only be a couple of quid for each instance but over the course of the year it can all add up to a tidy sum. :D

The Tax man and an incompetant (dodgy) accountant are the reason I don't have my MR2 any more and am up to my eyeballs in debt repayment schemes :angry:

I f :censor: ing hate the lot of them. Don't care which side of tax they are on.

Rant over :rolleyes:

Happy for you though Tom :thumbsup:

Tell me about it mate. After 18 years of work and I've only had one rebate mate. They must owe me thousands :yes:

jerry!!

Well I get Child Tax Credit etc cos Im working, and I get £210 towards my childcare. Oh and how much do I get taxed normally? £250. So the b*stards get it straight back off me <_<

Well I get Child Tax Credit etc cos Im working, and I get £210 towards my childcare. Oh and how much do I get taxed normally? £250. So the b*stards get it straight back off me  <_<

I dont get that! Sure you should get more tax credits than tax, so it leaves you with the extra money you need for Lucy?

Or am I looking at it wrong?

No, the public shouldnt pay for other peoples children but yes I agree they should just charge you 40£ tax instead of goign through the adminisitration of taking it off and giving some back.

As the name implies a tax rebate or tax credit is given back after you have paid so they do not get it straight back off you, instead, you get a proportion of it straight back off them :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links