Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 7

robo

getting a lot of noise from back wheels when doing 50 or more ,is this just road noise of tyres. are celica s vvtli noisey cars in general or do i need to grease up hubs a litle rusty.

getting a lot of  noise from back wheels when doing 50 or more ,is this just road noise of tyres. are celica s vvtli noisey  cars in general or do i need to grease up hubs a litle rusty.

I to have the same problem, will be intersted in any ideas/solutions.

Dave

getting a lot of  noise from back wheels when doing 50 or more ,is this just road noise of tyres. are celica s vvtli noisey  cars in general or do i need to grease up hubs a litle rusty.

I to have the same problem, will be intersted in any ideas/solutions.

Dave

Sounds like (sorry, no pun intended) you might benefit from some extra sound deadening in the area under the rear quarterlights. Also, tyre choice can have a significant effect on road noise, but I doubt you will find many noise comparisons for tyres, so it will probably be down to trial and error.

Not sure what effect greasing the hubs would have though? Or do you mean the wheel bearing? The wheel bearings should be good for at least 100k miles and don't require any maintenance.

If there on Pirelli P0 17" tyres the inner edges have probably gone out of shape.

Seen a few doing this & make a noise like a wheel bearing

But Celica is noisey on the motorway

• 3 months later...

Hi i am just about to need new tyres for my gen 7 and am looking at either :-

vredestein ultrac

dunlop sp sport 9000

falken ze 512

on my standard 16" wheels.

Am after the vee shape tread as well as a tyre that produces low road noise as the celica gen 7 is let down in this area! Any ideas or opinions??? :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi i am just about to need new tyres for my gen 7 and am looking at either :-

vredestein ultrac

dunlop sp sport 9000

falken ze 512

on my standard 16" wheels.

Am after the vee shape tread as well as a tyre that produces low road noise as the celica gen 7 is let down in this area!  Any ideas or opinions??? :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links