Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Today In Japan Sales New Vitz (yaris) - Photos!

Marko Napoli

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crisis

• Demonic Angel

• T V O R

• Chappers

And there's me thinking of buying a new car soon. Nooooo!!! Want one of these now.

European news - :(

New Toyota Yaris "05 special edition arrives at retailers

Latest special series brings a new level of dynamism and superior quality

- Exterior upgrades include fog lamps and exclusive wheel caps to bring a more dynamic look

- Exclusive trims, inserts and leather provide a unique touch of superior quality

- Rich selection of standard equipment, reinforced by a wide list of options

- Available at Toyota retailers across Europe from February or March, depending on the country

The Toyota Yaris "05 is the range"s latest special series. It aims to bring an even more dynamic look and feel to the Toyota best seller.

From the outside, the Yaris "05 counts with fully coloured rearview mirrors and bumpers, fog lamps and exclusive 14-inch wheel caps.

The interior is upgraded with a series of visual enhancements:

- Exclusive blue or red trims (availability according to the exterior colour and the country)

- Doors and ventilation panel receive carbon fibre graphic inserts, derived from the T Sport version

- Leather steering wheel with blue or red stitching (consistent with the trim colour) and audio controls

- Leather gear knob with chrome insert

- Exclusive scuff plates and floor mats (standard according to the country)

Furthermore, other features contribute to the creation of a superior quality feel. Central door locking with remote control, power windows for front doors, height adjustment function for driver"s seat and a 4-speaker audio system with CD player are also part of the standard equipment. Other items like 14-inch alloy wheels, roof spoiler, chromed exhaust pipe, air conditioner, electric rearview mirrors with heating or a hands-free phone kit are available as options.

The Yaris "05 is available with a wide selection of powertrains, starting with a feisty 1.0-litre VVT-i petrol engine (65 DIN hp) with a choice of manual transmission or M-MT (Multi-mode Manual Transmission) electrically-activated manual gearbox with electronic clutch, and going to a 1.3-litre VVT-i petrol with 87 DIN hp or a 1.4-litre D-4D diesel with 75 DIN hp and 170 Nm.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toyota releases fully redesigned Vitz

Toyota has issued the following press release ( http://www.autoindex.org/news.plt?no=1055&nl=y# ) :

Toyota Motor Corporation announced today the nationwide sales launch of the completely redesigned Vitz through “Netz Toyota” dealers in Japan.

The popular first-generation Vitz was launched in 1999 and triggered an expansion of the compact car market. Offering both an interior space that comfortably seats four adults in an easy-to-handle package and excellent basic performance, the first-generation Vitz created a standard for compact cars.

Based on a “Proud of My Compact” development concept, the second-generation Vitz is designed to provide a performance level that is one above that of ordinary compact cars. The new Vitz offers comprehensive improvements in basic performance features such as driving and safety, as well as in riding comfort, functionality and quality. In the words of Chief Engineer Kousuke Shibahara, “We designed the new Vitz so that owners would be able to experience the outstanding quality the moment they grip the steering wheel and think contently to themselves ‘I’m glad I bought a Vitz.’”

A newly developed platform and a superior package create a roomy interior, along with a nimble and stable driving feel, an advanced and elegant interior, and the highest safety and environmental performance in its class. The embodiment of high quality, the new Vitz cuts a new standard for next-generation compact cars.

Sporty exterior with a sense of presence and an advanced and elegant interior

The exterior design is based on the concept of "Powerful Simplicity."

An integrated-bumper configuration, with bold transversal lines extending from the windshield to the front bumper, results in a powerful front view.

A mono-form silhouette with a tilted windshield and supple character lines flowing from the front to the rear, produce a dynamic side view on a vehicle body with compact dimensions.

A forward-leaning rear shape and a wide wheel tread create a firmly grounded and stable posture.

Interior design based on the concept of "Vivid Simplicity"

The novel vertical center cluster design creates ample legroom.

The generous cabin space is emphasized by the use of a bright, looped molding that continuously flows from the ceiling to the pillars and door armrests.

Doors can be locked and unlocked by simply having the key on one's person. The Smart Entry and Start System uses a push button to start the engine.

Also featured is an automatic air-conditioner with a pollen-removal mode that, with the operation of a switch, filters out pollen, dust and other impurities from the air around the faces of the vehicle occupants (the first of its kind).

Superior package achieves generous cabin space inside compact exterior dimensions

A newly developed platform provides for class-leading legroom of 880mm between the front and rear seats.

By using rear seats with seatbacks that fold in a 60:40 split and can be tumbled forward for increased luggage space (in the 1.3F (2WD), X and U (2WD) grades), seatbacks that fold in a 60:40 split and can be folded flat (in the 1.3F (4WD) and U (4WD) grades) or a single seatback that folds forward for increased luggage space (in the B, 10F and RS grades), the new Vitz offers demand-matching seat arrangement versatility.

A newly designed suspension and brakes make for brisk yet stable driving performance and a comfortable ride. Linear acceleration and a smooth driving feel have been achieved through the use of the new Super CVT-i (Continuously Variable Transmission-intelligent).

The GOA construction has been further evolved by incorporating the concept of compatibility, which considers the fate of both vehicles in situations where passenger vehicles of differing weights collide, as a means of promoting crash safety for both cars in a collision with a vehicle of up to the 2-ton range. Collision tests at 55km/h were conducted, the highest testing speed used for Toyota vehicles so far.

Seat structures that incorporate the WIL (Whiplash Injury Lessening) concept, designed to further reduce stress on the neck during low-speed impacts from the rear, are incorporated in the structural design of the front seats, achieving class leading levels of safety performance.

Eco-VAS (Eco-Vehicle Assessment System), Toyota's original comprehensive environmental impact assessment system, was implemented for the first time in the new Vitz, resulting in a reduction of environmental impact throughout the entire life cycle of the vehicle from production to disposal.

All front-wheel-drive vehicles achieve emission levels 75% lower than 2005 standards under the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport’s Approval System for Low-emission Vehicles and boast fuel efficiency that exceeds by five percent the level called for by Japanese 2010 fuel efficiency standards.

Superior driving performance that achieves a comfortable and stable driving experience

The 1.0-liter, 1.3-liter and 1.5-liter engines with VVT-i (Variable Valve Timing–intelligent) simultaneously achieve high performance and high fuel efficiency.

The Super CVT-i achieves high fuel efficiency as well as a quiet and responsive drive (front-wheel-drive vehicles).

A newly developed ultra-compact torque converter realizes a smooth drive and high fuel efficiency.

Neutral control improves fuel efficiency by semi-releasing the clutch when the vehicle is stopped (with the shift lever in "D")

Traction control improves responsiveness to accelerator operation.

The newly developed suspension provides superior maneuverability and driving stability, as well as a comfortable ride.

The newly developed brake ensures excellent braking responsiveness and superior braking force.

The "Intelligent Package" (to become available in April 2005) will use the new Toyota Intelligent Idling Stop System to achieve the highest fuel efficiency level within the class.

Monthly sales target: 10,000 units

(Note to editors: The car will be known as the Toyota Yaris or Echo outside Japan)

2005-02-01

Please quote Autoindex.org if You use this news article!

Im going to have to ask at a dealer (not that they know ANYTHING) about when its coming out and if the styling options are coming over. Otherwise I will go for the TS if no styling packs.

Can anyone get the full spec list in english? I want performance figures please!

Another thing is I would get the twin cnetre exit exhaust only £200 extra over their :)

Mmm... or should I import one right now.

From what i see and can translate using google, the 1.5 RS kit will only be of type C, other kits seem to be for the 1.0 and 1.3 Models. Again the toyota dealers local to me have no idea and are still trying to sell me a 05 plate old shape :D

Im going to have to ask at a dealer (not that they know ANYTHING) about when its coming out and if the styling options are coming over. Otherwise I will go for the TS if no styling packs.

Can anyone get the full spec list in english? I want performance figures please!

Another thing is I would get the twin cnetre exit exhaust only £200 extra over their :)

Mmm... or should I import one right now.

Sweet looking car thats for sure! I'm really liking the styling too. Love that central console and the A/C controls look great!

Looks like there's no coin box, so custom audio is going to be a mission... Here's hoping they do a better head unit as standard this time! That's the thing that puts me off most cars - that you have to put up with a radio that is less than mediocre!

Yeh it looks like that headunit could be a ***** to change. Didn't notice that before. Why do they bother building stuff into the dash like that? It's so annoying and factory fitted stereos are usually crap in anycase!

Yeh it looks like that headunit could be a ***** to change. Didn't notice that before. Why do they bother building stuff into the dash like that? It's so annoying and factory fitted stereos are usually crap in anycase!

Exactly! I had a lot of respect for Toyota making the current Yaris audio area a double DIN adaptor, really thought that was a feature they would keep to be honest!

Its the kind of thing i expect from a manufacturer like SEAT, they are bad for the lack of customisable audio, its because they want it all to look uniform and neat, you know what Toyota are like for having everything flush and edge-less!

very nice.... i'm liking the styling kits very much, specially the gialla one! :yes::yes:

anyone else notice a similarity in the stock front bumper with the veilside phase one front end? hmm

loads of extras to play with! i want one.

From what i see and can translate using google, the 1.5 RS kit will only be of type C, other kits seem to be for the 1.0 and 1.3 Models. Again the toyota dealers local to me have no idea and are still trying to sell me a 05 plate old shape  :D

I know their are kits A, B and C so C only for the 1.5 RS. But any idea about the named custom kits such as the much already loved Gailla kit?

Mmm the kits are pirced just for the body kits and dont include fitting and painting. These have no set price and is down to the individual buyer.

Best bit is at the bottom:

WARNING: When installing drill processing to the bumper becomes necessary.

Why does everyone say they want a 3 door, surely people would prefer a 5 door?

(Are 3 doors better in some way?)

:huh:

Why does everyone say they want a 3 door, surely people would prefer a 5 door?

(Are 3 doors better in some way?)

:huh:

Well i want a 3 door because my friends stop scrounging lifts then and get their fingers out to get their own cars! :P Also, I think the 3 door looks sportier than the 5 door

Sounds a good one Paphos! Good reasoning.

I like 5 Drs, I dont really have a problem or styling issue 3 to 5 door.

IMO 5-doors ruins the natural lines of the car.. Fair enough on bigger cars, but not on a Yaris

I am quite the opposite. Something about the 3dr seems "wrong" to me. Probably just a function of looking the 5dr so regularly.

I am quite the opposite.  Something about the 3dr seems "wrong" to me. 

I agree mate, a 3 door Yaris just looks to short and high with just 2 doors! :thumbsup:

I'd prefer a 3 door one, but 5 door are more practical (especially when I take my mates kids out for a drive - you try getting a 4 year old and a 3 year old in a 3 door Yaris!)

Any indication of how long after they are released for 3 door versions to arrive? Or is it just in Japan they are biding their time?

I'd prefer a 3 door one, but 5 door are more practical (especially when I take my mates kids out for a drive - you try getting a 4 year old and a 3 year old in a 3 door Yaris!)

NOoooooooooooo DA you cant put kids in your car :crybaby:

its just not on :P dogs and cats are ok though :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links