Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ring Trip Northern Section

Ken

Okay, so I have my passport, driving licence, insurance certificate, I've told my insurance company (though they said there was no need to bother)And my V5 .......... oh crap! Where the hell is my V5 DON'T PANIC!!!!!!

Don't worry you have 21 day's to find it :P

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fizz

• Ken

• Stu8

• msherry21

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had my house upside down, I don't have it!!!!

Does anyone have a number for the DVLA? :unsure:

E111 from your post office just incase you fall ill, tis basically free healthcare in Germany if you have the completed form and it's free so silly not to take 5 mins and fill it out and get stamped.

Passport, driving licsence, insurance cert (note not all companies issue green cards but will still need to be notified of dates abroad and only tell them you are going to Koblenz via Belgium & Holland), V5, MOT (optional but best to be safe than sorry), breakdown cover cert(NOT AA) or contact details if with euro assist.

GB sticker/magnet or GB numberplates, first aid kit, warning triangle (have one spare so first to post borrows it), beam deflectors and i have a spare bulb kit for Belgium so 1 between us should be ok but check your bulbs before we set off and i'll check on fire extingushers tomorrow :thumbsup:

Have

Passport - Check :thumbsup:

Driving Licsence - Check :thumbsup:

Insurance Cert - Check :thumbsup:

Notify Insurance - Check :thumbsup:

V5 + MOT - Check as ive just got my new road tax so already had to find it! :yes:

Breakdown cover - :thumbsup:

Warning Triangle - Knicked from my mums Audi :rolleyes:

Need

GB stickers/plates

First Aid Kit ?? what exactly is the requirement? i mena.. i have a plaster box.. :P

Beam deflectors?? where or what exactly needs to be done? are they stickers onto the headlamp? can i borrow whatever you have to lend??? even though i aint got a clue what you mean.. lol :ph34r:

I've had my house upside down, I don't have it!!!!

Does anyone have a number for the DVLA? :unsure:

Go onto the DVLA website.. all the numbers you need are on there.. :thumbsup:

Have

Passport - Check  :thumbsup:

Driving Licsence - Check  :thumbsup:

V5 + MOT - Check as ive just got my new road tax so already had to find it!  :yes:

Breakdown cover -  :thumbsup:

Need

GB stickers/plates

First Aid Kit ?? what exactly is the requirement? i mena.. i have a plaster box..  :P

Beam deflectors?? where or what exactly needs to be done? are they stickers onto the headlamp? can i borrow whatever you have to lend??? even though i aint got a clue what you mean.. lol :ph34r:

You also need an E111 :yes:

First aid kit well some sites say complusory and some say recommended and none say the requirements so i guess a plaster box will do.

Beam deflectors are just clear stickers and are available from any motoring store and you don't need to borrow what i have spare as you have nicked your mum's :P

Mazdaboy didn't you get the new one sent out in january so you should have 2 lying about.

Have

Passport - Check  :thumbsup:

Driving Licsence - Check  :thumbsup:

V5 + MOT - Check as ive just got my new road tax so already had to find it!  :yes:

Breakdown cover -  :thumbsup:

Need

GB stickers/plates

First Aid Kit ?? what exactly is the requirement? i mena.. i have a plaster box..  :P

You also need an E111 :yes:

First aid kit well some sites say complusory and some say recommended and none say the requirements so i guess a plaster box will do.

Beam deflectors are just clear stickers and are available from any motoring store and you don't need to borrow what i have spare as you have nicked your mum's :P

Mazdaboy didn't you get the new one sent out in january so you should have 2 lying about.

Now picked up the E111 form as well.. just need to fill it in now.. :rolleyes:

Nice one on the beam deflectors.. i'll pick em up soon.. :thumbsup:

beam deflectors :lol:

mr2 hasnt got headlamps sometimes :lol:

id better get started!

Why not The AA for breakdown cover?

Because they won't pick you up anywhere near the ring.

Have

Passport - Check :thumbsup:

Driving Licsence - Check :thumbsup:

V5 + MOT - Check as ive just got my new road tax so already had to find it! :yes:

Breakdown cover - Check Through my current insurance! for free! :thumbsup:

E111 form - Check.. stamped and photocopies made.. :thumbsup:

Need

GB stickers/plates

First Aid Kit

Beam deflectors

So how many miles in total will us 'northerners' by driving? The reason i ask is because i have part worn front tyres which dont really need changing at the mo...

Just want to make a judgement on how much they will wear out on the journery there and back etc...

Also.. if i do buy some replacements..

a- Does anyone have the space to help me transport them?

b- Even if (a) is sorted, is there a garage nearby where we are going where i can get them changed? (i would presume there is) :ph34r:

answers.

A: Not me :P

B: Yes there's a few (e-mail)

Well I'm ready!

... Just hope my car is too. :thumbsup:

Roughly 600 miles plus your laps on top but don't forget it's easter weekend so the garages will be closed :yes:

Stu, i thought you was insured with Adrian Flux? 12 month breakdown cover with Europe Assist through Adrian Flux is £41 and includes all of Europe ;)

right... so how much petrol monies are us tubby owners needing to put aside for the journey?

Also.. are people converting monies before going etc?

probably about 200quid!

bank cards will work in the garages just practices sign language for 'pump 2' etc...

probably about 200quid!

bank cards will work in the garages just practices sign language for 'pump 2' etc...

I got a Abbey Visa Debit but it dont have the cirrus sign on it.. its a got chip in it if that is of any use abroad.. :wacko:

Ooooooh, Its SO close now, can't wait! Sleepless nights have definately started. The car is still having things done to it aswell, new brakes getting fitted this Tuesday....Cutting it fine to say the least, might be getting her raised 1cm at the front too, theres a bit too much rubbing for my liking.

I'll be leaving Glasgow around 9.00am on Wednesday just to be there early, or at least not late anyway. Should be there for around the 13.00/14.00 mark.

Cheers guys.

Right..

Who is going past Ferrybridge (M62 -J32/33) on their way to hull?

Ive got Rob (jaxx) who is a possibilty... and was just wanting to knwo if anyone else is coming that way.. ? Stu8?

Once we figure this out.. i want to be able to set a time on what time to meet there so i can figure out how much time i have in the morning for last minute jobs.

will also need to check if those roadworks are still in place!.. <_<

Cheers in advance..

fizz

msherry21 - Im well excited! and &#33;Removed&#33; scared! all at the same time.. tis a really weird feeling! :wacko::ph34r::thumbsup:

I havn't even thought of what way I'm going, will check tonight and let you know,

cheers.

I havn't even thought of what way I'm going, will check tonight and let you know,

cheers.

Your coming down from Scoootland i presume.. in which case you wont be on the M62 from ferrybridge.. erm.. wait a min.. then again you might be.. :bookworm:

Where is Ferrybridge? I'll probably go down the M6 from Carlisle to Manchester then head East on the M62 If thats any help.

Cheers.

Where is Ferrybridge? I'll probably go down the M6 from Carlisle to Manchester then head East on the M62 If thats any help.

Cheers.

Yup.. you will be passing it that way.. :yes:

Any more news on the traffic on the M62? Will it be ok tomorrow do you think?

For those of you with the RAC i'd double check if you're covered to go on the Nurburg. I rang and it was all roses until i mentioned the nurburg, then they saked if i'll be going on it (quick morale dilema here... yes/no!) i said yes, and the lass asked her manager who told her no we don't cover that...

Pretty much the same with the AA.

Anyone else I can try, gonna have a search for the Europe Direct that ken's with, other than that i don't have a decent priced quote!

Less some1 fancies towing me if i breakdown :P

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links