Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

March Regional Meet

ae111sr

At the January meet Baz suggested a drive over Llangynyidr and a meal at a pub he knows. Baz - more details needed mate.......

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mad welshman

• nell boy

• ae111sr

• Gareth B

hi john, the pub is called the coach and horses, very good food, but we will need to book i think. i will try and get more details today....hopefully they will have a web site.

baz

Cheers mate - just as well I posted this early if we have to book.

[edit]

Just had a look on the web thingy but can't find a web site for the pub but did find several refernces to it on local web pages. looking at the maps I reckon I've been there, once, many years ago. If it's the same one the car park is on the other side of the road from the pub and the Mon & Brecon canal runs right past the car park. From what I remember it did tidy food at resonable prices.

[edit]

Edited by ae111sr

I know the place very well. My family used to go camping down the road from there for the first 16 years of my life.

Your description John is spot on. There is a very nice beer garden opposite and the carpark as you said with the canal running past.

I haven't been there for about 5 years, but the restaurant, from what i can remember was a good size and the food very good.

If someone could recommend a good mechanic or garage who could do a little bit of work on the Supra I just bought it would be appreciated and i could join you in that as i have just sold the Estima! Also need to book the Saturday night off work.

Sorry I am thinking out loud!

I saw that the Estima was gone - didn't take long to find a Supra mate :D :drool: Best to talk to Baz but from what he said at the last meet he's happy with Hyeline. When he first had his soop he wanted the timing belt changed so I pointed him to Kevin Clarkson, the guy who did my engine transplant, but he's in Droitwich and that's a 90 mile trip each way from Cardiff. Needless to say my Corolla now knows how to get to Droitwich without any input from me :yes:

Anyway, back to the thread, what do you think about the Coach & Horses for the next meet?

If someone could recommend a good mechanic or garage who could do a little bit of work on the Supra I just bought it would be appreciated.

Try this guy, he rebuilt the head on my 7mgte and used to service my 7mge, very good, and cheap, if you pay cash

01446 795366 Ask for Stuart, he is also re-building the entire engine on my mates mkiii import 3litre aero top. Top and bottom,

whats wrong with it anyway???

Cheers for that Will.

Not much wrong with it from what I can tell, the rocker gasket needs replacing but i could do with someone who knows the car to give it the once over.

the 7mge is not to bad for changing the rocker gasket, if i remember right.Different matter for the turbo. What colour is it? any piccies? Is it the face lift??

Nice motors, i loved mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate welcome to the club :thumbsup:

The more the merrier, although I am struggling to get the time off work myself. :(

This time, I'm DEFINATELY COMING!!!

What time does everything start? Where are we meeting? The last one, I thought it was an evening thing so I didn't get there until around 4pm.

...well, I didn't know, did I? :P

Hi just found this guys!  any room for a 6th gen celica, UK ST205 GT4

hope u go mate, would love to have a good look at ur car. was thinking about buying one before i bought the soop.

im looking forward to the meet, hopefully we can get a few more people going, and make it one of the better regional meets to go to.

:thumbsup: baz :thumbsup:

Looks like I won't be able to get there :ffs:

I have an appointment with an orthopaedic consultant on Tuesday at the BUPA hospital. I'm paying for the knee surgery that the NHS can't do for me for at least another 18 months. :censor:

I might be out of circulation for a couple of months until my knee gets better (hopefully).

Can someone else please take over the arrangements for this one?

Pheew at last...

I,m a member of the GT4OC,and nothing goes on in Wales as far as there concerned...

I,ve got a 'G' reg st185 GT4.And i'd love to come to the meet,if thats o.k?

AW ******* JUST CLOCKED THE DATE OF THE MEET,NUTS.....

I'll keep scanning for another one(meet).Could someone give us a shout when the next one is??

I'd also be up for organiseing one round the Monmouthshire/Hereford boarders..

Know of some lovelly spots,pubs,mountain roads/black and white villages,etc..

Could even try organising a treasure hunt around here if people are interested...

Yours

Nell boy... :thumbsup:

Pheew at last...

I,m a member of the GT4OC,and nothing goes on in Wales as far as there concerned...

I,ve got a 'G' reg st185 GT4.And i'd love to come to the meet,if thats o.k?

AW ******* JUST CLOCKED THE DATE OF THE MEET,NUTS.....

I'll keep scanning for another one(meet).Could someone give us a shout when the next one is??

I'd also be up for organiseing one round the Monmouthshire/Hereford boarders..

Know of some lovelly spots,pubs,mountain roads/black and white villages,etc..

Could even try organising a treasure hunt around here if people are interested...

Yours

Nell boy... :thumbsup:

hello there, suggest a time and a place and we will try and sort something out :thumbsup: have a few mates up ur way, abergavenny. where do u live?

baz :thumbsup:

I have an appointment with an orthopaedic consultant on Tuesday at the BUPA hospital.  I'm paying for the knee surgery that the NHS can't do for me for at least another 18 months.  :censor:

I might be out of circulation for a couple of months until my knee gets better (hopefully).

hi john, is there any other moderators in wales that can take over the arrangements for the meet? :thumbsup:

have a few mates up ur way, abergavenny. where do u live?

baz :thumbsup:

Just up the A465 towards Hereford,a little village called Grosmont.

I know Abber well.I've lived around here most of my life.. ;)

I have an appointment with an orthopaedic consultant on Tuesday at the BUPA hospital.  I'm paying for the knee surgery that the NHS can't do for me for at least another 18 months.  :censor:

hi john, is there any other moderators in wales that can take over the arrangements for the meet? :thumbsup:

Baz,

As far as I know I'm the only one :crybaby::crybaby: <all alone>.

But don't have to be a mod to sort out a local meet

I have an appointment with an orthopaedic consultant on Tuesday at the BUPA hospital.  I'm paying for the knee surgery that the NHS can't do for me for at least another 18 months.   :censor:

Baz,

As far as I know I'm the only one :crybaby::crybaby: <all alone>.

But don't have to be a mod to sort out a local meet

anyone intrested in sorting out the meet?

How about Sunday March 20th..

Meet in Abergavenny..Then a drive over to Hay-on-Wye(Pint/lunch),then back to Aber' via the Black Mountains(Hay Bluff).The road @ the start of the Antiques Roadshow program,2cv with grandfather clock,yer know......?????? ;)

Meet in Abergavenny..Then a drive over to Hay-on-Wye(Pint/lunch),then back to Aber' via  the Black Mountains(Hay Bluff).The road @ the start of the Antiques Roadshow program,2cv with grandfather clock,yer know......?????? ;)

sounds like a plan to me. what would be a good time for everyone to meet up? right , lets start getting some names sorted. :thumbsup:

1, mad welshman :thumbsup:

Meet in Abergavenny..Then a drive over to Hay-on-Wye(Pint/lunch),then back to Aber' via  the Black Mountains(Hay Bluff).The road @ the start of the Antiques Roadshow program,2cv with grandfather clock,yer know......?????? ;)

Hi Nell Boy - only three posts and you're organising already - good stuff mate.:D

Three posts!!!!!

What have i done????? :crybaby:

O.k..I'll find out what time the breakfast bar @ the Bus Station opens and post a time then..O.k..

1 mad welshman :thumbsup:

2 nell boy ;) +1 Supra[my brother]

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links