Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Have I Done The Right Thing?!?!?!

playgirl

I don't get a whistling either and my speedo has shown some *cough* higer than average *cough* speeds! :P :lol:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• playgirl

• knightrider

• T V O R

• enog

I dont get a whistling problem even at high speed... I have a 5dr.. dunno if that makes a diff... but watch the window seals... mine has a kink in it... and I know at least one other person who had issues with them..

other than that.. sound... reliable... great little car

Same as! :thumbsup:

I dont get a whistling problem even at high speed... I have a 5dr.. dunno if that makes a diff... but watch the window seals... mine has a kink in it... and I know at least one other person who had issues with them..

other than that.. sound... reliable... great little car

I don't get a whistle either... Most i've done's a ton though.

JJ - I've had my seal fixed under warranty, no kinks in mine now!!! Might be a common thing though because they got one out of its box to replace mine with and it was more kinked than the one they were taking off! Sorted now though - Good old Mr T

do they have any down sides or bad faults?

Only fault I have with mine over here in Canada, is that Toyota takes off all the fun bits and rebadges it Echo Hatchback, so I've gotta import the really great parts from the UK!!!

Cheers from those of us that are Yaris obsessed overseas! I'm sure Pascal (fellow Canuck) will buzz in anytime too!

Hiya,

Welcome!! :thumbsup: I have a 1.0L T3 and seriously love it too much...

I dont think it's a bad thing though - I have a lot to thank my car for!! :D

Blue

it is worth mentioning, that i have heard complaints about wind noise and whistling on the Yaris..

Oh, and there seems to be build quality issues on the ones manufactured in France (what would you expect)..

But thats about it, no major technical faults or anything..

Thats true. wen i reach bout 108mph or near there my car starts whistlin n i aint got a clue what it is,

can anyone tell me

i get this also annoys me a fair bit,

Oh and btw - they are majorly majorly safe! :D

A few of us have had major crunches and all of us have walked away - including me!

I dont think I'm exxagerating when I say my Yaris saved my life :thumbsup: Especially considering a smiliar accident to mine happened a few weeks afterwards and the people in the car that was hit both died.... :(

My car was written off, but I loved it so much I went to Mr T and bought another one! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oh and btw - they are majorly majorly safe!  :D

A few of us have had major crunches and all of us have walked away - including me!

I dont think I'm exxagerating when I say my Yaris saved my life  :thumbsup:  Especially considering a smiliar accident to mine happened a few weeks afterwards and the people in the car that was hit both died....  :(

My car was written off, but I loved it so much I went to Mr T and bought another one!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

i have heard that they are fairly safe so thats really good to know! fingers crossed i never need to find out for real!

i have heard that they are fairly safe so thats really good to know! fingers crossed i never need to find out for real!

Let's hope not but nice to know it's a strong, safe little car and I can vouch for that too!

As for the whistling (more like a hum in my opinion) sound? It's a special built-in warning that you are being very naughty and going too fast. :ph34r:

I should now say I've never experienced it but I have. :yes:

Agree with Al J! :lol:

Also there is another sensor that vibrates the dash ... when you hear this it is a sign to call your local council to get the damn road fixed! :thumbsup:

Another phenomenon is that you will be looking out for other Yaris’s on the road and the one you keep seeing will be driven by a 60 year old woman with grey hair.

I personally think it’s the same woman.

She has about a dozen different colours and model’s of Yaris and drives around all day so we have all seen her in various parts of the country.

That’s her full time job... driving a Yaris in all the major towns and cities.

If you look out today you should see her, I think she is in a Red CDX today  :thumbsup:

Since buying my Yaris i have not seen a single other one on the road!! Which to be honset is driving me mad!! (not that i really wanna see some old grey bid!) - (would much rather see some young fit bloke!) so come on yaris lovers where are they!?!?!?!?!?!

Since buying my Yaris i have not seen a single other one on the road!! Which to be honset is driving me mad!! (not that i really wanna see some old grey bid!) - (would much rather see some young fit bloke!) so come on yaris lovers where are they!?!?!?!?!?!

I'm here!

Honestly, that is one true appeal of the Yaris; it’s rare but popular in a strange kinda way.

Sit and wait for 5 minutes and count how many Pug 206’s go by, then see how many Yari go by.

The smart money goes on the Toyota every time :thumbsup:

I'm here!

Honestly, that is one true appeal of the Yaris; it’s rare but popular in a strange kinda way.

Sit and wait for 5 minutes and count how many Pug 206’s go by, then see how many Yari go by.

The smart money goes on the Toyota every time :thumbsup:

i will keep ya in mind!!! :thumbsup:

i have the yari bug just wanna see more in the local area!!! grrrrrrrrr

You won’t! People will notice you though! Or is it just me but do some people take a second glance when you drive past?

You won’t! People will notice you though! Or is it just me but do some people take a second glance when you drive past?

i dunno might be the cute karate dog that attracts them ....... but then maybe the car!

Loads of Yaris' here in Grimsby. Generally see half a dozen every day on my way to work - red, green, blue etc etc.....

Two other people at work have one - one is a greyish T-Spirit; the other is owned by one of the weekenders and is white with a few mods.

Did see one on Sunday that looked like is could have been a T-Sport, blue, fancy fuel cap, alloys, tinted windows etc.

But have you seen that 60 year old woman with grey hair driving around yet?

Not sure if she is due in Grimsby this week :lol:

i have not seen any modded yaris apart from mine near me apart from one satndard gold one with an exhaust, but i like the fact im the only one around by me!

cant wait to see them all together at the yaris meet tho!

Playgirl if you wanna see alot of yarii you should make it to the welsh meet later this month!

i normally see about 5-10 yarii on my 3mile trip to work but see a tsport about once a month!ooh and SR's even less!!! :D

CB :thumbsup:

Playgirl if you wanna see alot of yarii you should make it to the welsh meet later this month!

i normally see about 5-10 yarii on my 3mile trip to work but see a tsport about once a month!ooh and SR's even less!!! :D

CB :thumbsup:

i would love to go but i cant get the time off work but next tim i will deffinetly be there!

I see a fair few Yaris around Leeds... usually basic models... only ever seen 3 T-Sports (one of those 4 times tho) and 4 other SR's. I saw an SR at my uni today actually... silver but totally filty... they look really low when driving around... sporty, squat stance.... looked very hot! I heard the TTE exhaust too... nice! :D

Is there anyone from the norfolk area then?

I am from rural Cambridgeshire.......thats not so far from Norfolk :thumbsup:

Is there anyone from the norfolk area then?

I am from rural Cambridgeshire.......thats not so far from Norfolk :thumbsup:

not too far then

im getting really excited now under 48 hours and the car is mine

i have not seen any modded yaris apart from mine near me apart from one satndard gold one with an exhaust, but i like the fact im the only one around by me!

Coulndt agree mate, i love being the only modded yaris round my area, totally unique, only recently has another t sport popped up, minor mods tints etc i aim to stay the most modded yaris around my area :lol: :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links