Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Navigation Failure

Zelah

Help please?

On my Yaris Verso turn-by-turn 08662-00840 CD-ROM navigation system it will not work. It says the following:-

1) "PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR AND CHECK CD-ROM"

So I open the door, take out the CD-ROM disc and check it. The message on the screen says:-

2) "PLEASE INSERT CD-ROM"

I put the CD-ROM back in and the screens says:-

3) "PLEASE CLOSE THE CD-ROM TO USE THE NAVIGATION"

I close the door and the screen says:-

4) "CD-ROM BEING CHECKED"

After a few seconds the screen displays:-

5) "PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR AND CHECK CD-ROM" .... so that is No (1) again.

Toyota dealer says he can't repair it and gives me two choices:-

Choice 1

You can have a new one for £600 plus VAT and a fitting charge of £35.22.

Part No 08662-00840.

Choice 2

You can have a factory reconditioned replacement exchange for £500 plus VAT (only £100 cheaper than a new one) plus a fitting charge of £35.22 plus a £1000 surcharge which you will be liable for if the dealer does not successfully return the old model to the makers, Aisin Aw Co Ltd in Japan.

Part No 08662-00840-EX

What Toyota head office or the Toyota dealer don't know is what is wrong with the Navigation System. They do not know if it will take Aisin Aw Co Ltd one minute to repair the unit for a charge of, say, £10.00 or if the above detailed fault is serious.

Are Aisin Aw Co Ltd very shrewd in engineering net profit?

If you have a component on your computer go wrong you don't have to replace the whole thing you just have that faulty item replaced.

Will this Toyota problem extend further with a dealer saying "Sorry sir your headlights do not work so you will have to buy a brand new Yaris for £10,000 or we can provide a factory re-conditioned one for £8,000"

When you see the Medion Mobile Pocket PC Navugation System for £190 plus VAT at Aldi which has 2D plus 3D display in full colour and is far better than the Lexus 430 Navigation System it makes you wonder if the Aisin Aw Co Ltd system is any good at all !!

So, should I just scrap the Navigation system or does anyone know if I can get it repaired anywhere.

Toyota cannot tell me if their is anything wrong with it because Aisin Aw Co Ltd do not give them any diagnostic information. Clever company.

Best wishes.

I would try a different cd-rom if you havent already

Also how old is you'r verso i take it the waranty has run out

I would try a different cd-rom if you havent already

Also how old is you'r verso i take it the waranty has run out

Yes, Have friend with same system and tried his CD-ROM in my Verso.

Also have Used CD-ROM lens cleaner disc to make sure laser heads are clean.

Car is four years old and out of warranty.

Thanks

hit it??? seriously it works for dry joints.

I believe the technical term is "percussion maintenance" - I'd give that a shot too!

I guess you've checked that all the plaugs and stuff are seated correctly?

A

Check all leads, make sure the disc is clean, use an alcoholic wipe if you can get hold of one, usually in first aid kits, does your disc work in another unit?

hit it??? seriously it works for dry joints.

I believe the technical term is "percussion maintenance"

:D PMSL!!!!

Thanks. Disc does work in mates yaris. Took out all three connectors in back then put them back in again. Still did not work.

find someone with the same unit in their car which is still under warrently and let them get it replaced? just an idea? unless they have serial numbers recorded or somethin, i dont know..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links