Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Or Used Ts

Crisis

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crisis

• Al J

• Demonic Angel

• Ryan1985

Also, do you think I could get Mr T to fit the TTE Springs pre-delivery? Also been talking to Jerry, and his wifes TS had window tints put on by Mr T. Rekon I could get them to add that in as well.

If they match the price and we sign a deal, il see if they can get those added in. Probably work out cheaper, if they can do it that is.

They should do... You could ask for it debadged as well :thumbsup:

Also, do you think I could get Mr T to fit the TTE Springs pre-delivery?

yes i had things fitted pre-delivery they should do you a good deal too,as you are buying it new from them

O Kimi, do you have the audio controls on your steering wheel?

yes :thumbsup:

Sweet. Going to see them soon, see what dealings can be done.

Watch this thread!

Today... was a good day... I guess.

Went to see my Local Mr T. No TS in Stock, to test drive, hell not even a 1.3 to test drive. But he is going to have a look so I can test drive on within the week!

Thing is, I doubt I will be able to get that good deal. Most likly £11,500 lowest price, which is too high.

Anyway, left him to it, popped on down to Mitsubishi to see the Colt. Okay, so I cant afford the Turbo, in Insurance or the car itself. But I can get the 1.3 Mirage, pretty much exactly the same spec bodywise etc except

- 15" wheels which are of a very simlar design to the CZT

- No turbo :(

- The front bumper is slightly different, and not quite as nice

But its a damn nice car, and at a shave at under £10k reasonable performance, great MPG (50 MPG!!!) cheap as chips insurance its a damn steal!

So I maybe going for a black (obv!) Colt. He will phone me Weds once they have their 1.3 Mirage in Black back and then i can go for a test drive. Funny story is they didn't have it today cause this guys new Evo was late, so that let him take the Colt while he waited! God he must be ******, hehe.

So I maybe going for the Colt side of things. But still Jap, and I havn't seen a Colt on the road yet! Not the 3-dr one anyway. And for an 18yr old in a new quality car its just going to rock!

So... what you'll think! And no comments about get the turbo! Its a no no out of the question. But when Im 21, I will most likly come back to Toyota for a Rolla... A Super-Duper-Charged Rolla at that :P

Also any good engine tuning out for the 1.3 Colt yet? I will be interested to bring her upto speed. Maybe a carbon fibre bonnet as well :P

Colt Mirage 1.3

Maximum speed mph (kph) 112 (180)

Acceleration 0-62 mph secs 11.0

T Sport

Maximum speed mph (kph) 118 (190)

Acceleration 0-62 mph secs 9.0

:lol:

Mind you, the Colt is a pretty nice car. Your choice mate. Good luck with what you decide :thumbsup:

Forgot to say... It's still faster than mine but have you considered the 1.3 Yaris?

Edited by Al J

Dont want a 1.3 Yaris, no offense. Also I really like the look of the Colt, its new its fresh and its I dont know... fun.

Get a T-Sport then? :thumbsup:

Looks like you have decided on the Mitsi though! :(

Dont want a 1.3 Yaris, no offense. Also I really like the look of the Colt, its new its fresh and its I dont know... fun.

None taken mate. As I said earlier, it's your choice. Just that the Colt and Yaris 1.3 seem to be similar machines, not that I've gone into it in much detail, admittedly.

Dont worry I will still be around. Nothing avaliable for tuning yet though. Wanna get that 0-60 down. Maybe their is more power to unlock inside than in a Yaris. Who knows!

Don't get the Colt. It's a smaller engine then the Yaris so tuning parts are going to make an even smaller difference! You may not think much of it now, but once you are used to the Colt's performance (within a month or so) you'll be banging your head and wishing you had got a T-Sport. The Yaris also looks sexier and sportier. I personally don't like the look of the new Colt (even the Turbo).

Have you had a look at the Suzuki Ignis Sport. Same engine as the Yaris, bit cheaper?

Personally I think the P2 Yaris is more girly looking, but maybe that is just because I'm used to Kimi having one. If you get a P1 Yaris you can be sure the engine will be perfectly fine. Only thing you need to check is cosmetics.

If your into modifying (which I bet you will be after a few months) the P1 has got stuff coming out all the time. Something to think about.

Just do not get the Colt!

Hear lots of good stuff about the new Colt! :thumbsup:

Obviously we all want you to stay with Yota but its up to you at the end of the day matey! :thumbsup:

Have you had a look at the Suzuki Ignis Sport. Same engine as the Yaris, bit cheaper?

And 4 wheel drive! :thumbsup:

If you're thinking of getting a Colt then you shouldn't! A 1.3 Colt will be no way near as good as a 1.5 TS! Or a 1.3 Yaris for that matter!

Obviously, at the end of the day, it's your choice, but i'd go for that deal you found on the Yaris. It doesn't matter that it isn't from Toyota... they still handle all warranty etc. It's like buying a cd... do you spend £13.99 at HMV because that's where you visit most? Or do you spend £8.99 on one from somewhere else that offers the same guarantee, the same product, everything the SAME except for the price?? I know where my money would go!

The phase 2 TS is a very tasty machine, granted, i prefer the p1... but you can't beat the feel of a new car... delivered perfectly clean, seat covers, paper floor mats, that smell, the fresh keys on a manufacturer keyring and the knowledge that it's yours first, brand spanking new... you know it'll be treated right and you'll treasure it like nothing else!

Think i need a new car!! (No waaaaay!! The SR's just too good!)

but you can't beat the feel of a new car... delivered perfectly clean, seat covers, paper floor mats, that smell, the fresh keys on a manufacturer keyring and the knowledge that it's yours first, brand spanking new... you know it'll be treated right and you'll treasure it like nothing else!

Think i need a new car!! (No waaaaay!! The SR's just too good!)

Too true matey (apart from you needing a new car! Your SR is babelicious!)

The new car feeling is so wonderful, both of mine so far have been in less favourable circumstances so I hope this next one I buy (which will also be new!) I can actually enjoy the buying process a bit more! :thumbsup:

GET THE NEW T-SPORT! It makes sense! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

If you look at the stats:

TS 1.5

105BHP but 104BHP/Tonne

0-60 in 9.0sec

Torque 107lbs/ft

Colt 1.3

94BHP but 100BHP/Tonne (Not bad for a fiesty 1.3)

0-60 in 10.8sec

Torque 92lbs/ft

Compare these to what Im driving now (dont laugh!)

Polo

50BHP but 52BHP/Tonne (HA)

0-60 in... wait... wait some more... 17.0sec

Torque 63lbs/ft

Dont get me wrong I do like the Yaris, but I know if I owned one it HAS to be modified to suit me. The Colt doesn't (although I may upgrade the sound side of things)

I read a review and they said the 1.3 Mirage was the best model avaliable just modifiy the engine and it will sound alot better than the 1.5 CZT, which sounds rubbish for a Turbo.

Also, 16" alloys, 48MPG, 6 Speaker Sound System and new on Britains roads.

Just backing myself up here :)

To be honest i think you've made up your mind about the colt. Which personally I think is a shame because you have been on here so much gathering info on the TS, but the colt comes along and pop, you're going for the Colt, and dropping down to a 1.3l from a propposed 1.5l. But in the end of the day, the decision is down to you, but so many happy Yaris/Vitz/Echo owners can't be wrong.

If you look at the stats:

TS 1.5

105BHP but 104BHP/Tonne

0-60 in 9.0sec

Torque 107lbs/ft

Colt 1.3

94BHP but 100BHP/Tonne (Not bad for a fiesty 1.3)

0-60 in 10.8sec

Torque 92lbs/ft

Compare these to what Im driving now (dont laugh!)

Polo

50BHP but 52BHP/Tonne (HA)

0-60 in... wait... wait some more... 17.0sec

Torque 63lbs/ft

Dont get me wrong I do like the Yaris, but I know if I owned one it HAS to be modified to suit me. The Colt doesn't (although I may upgrade the sound side of things)

I read a review and they said the 1.3 Mirage was the best model avaliable just modifiy the engine and it will sound alot better than the 1.5 CZT, which sounds rubbish for a Turbo.

Also, 16" Alloys, 48MPG, 6 Speaker Sound System and new on Britains roads.

Just backing myself up here :)

OK Crisis. You have to trust me on this. Listen carefully. Your current car is slow and so was my first car (some ancient fiesta crap). I know the Colt will feel much nippier then your current car BUT you will get used to the speed within a matter of weeks (maybe months). It is then when you will REALLY regret not getting the Yaris. AND I also told myself I wouldn't modify.... YOU WILL. Please trust me. I've been through the same ordeal as you. I looked for ages to find a decent(ish) car, and luckily I went for the TS in the end.

Hi,

Just wondering if most of your driving is on motorways or urban roads? As a thought, the Mitsi hasn't had very good reviews as far as motorway driving goes. There have been complaints of having to over correct in winds and the steering becoming 'light' at 70mph.

As you've been looking into the TS, I gather you would *really* like a sporty car? Therefore I don't think the Colt is the best option (I wouldn't even recommend the Turbo version after reading more reviews - plus some of the performance stats are lesser to the TS).

I really feel you should hold on to your money until you can afford the car you want deep down. Don't settle for an 'in-betweener' as you'll only loose money on a car you may not be entirely satisfied with. Also don't forget, the Colt 3 door is in it's first year, whilst the TS is an established car in it's 2nd phase so any potential niggles/problems should have been addressed and improved.

Just my two pence worth. Good luck with whatever you choose!

Caz.

I'm sick of my 1 litre's slowness! :ffs:

Crisis, my brother has a Punto HGT (faster than a TS) and thats his 2nd car after a Punto 1.2. He is sick of the slowness of the HGT already after about a year and now he's looking to get a Civic Type-R!

I'm just saying I think you will regret only gettin a 1.3 when you can get a much nippier 1.5! :thumbsup:

I rarly drive on motorways, and Im hardly anywhere I can do 60/70mph. Most of my driving is in town, 30mph. I dont feel the need for speed, but I currently feel Im in the slowest car on the road, Im not but Im damn close.

Just want a little bit of power their for as and when I need it.

Indeed, I will be test driving both!

Just recently I thought why not buy new, so the Colt came up as an option. Always have loved it!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links