Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

One Of My Nissans = 0wn3d :(

Puls

http://www.granturismox.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9103

I'm not too happy about it :( It was in a place I never thought would be too rusty, since the rest of the car's underside is in fine shape :arrgg-matey:

Old cars aren't always fun :eek: :censor: :ffs:

Luckily, it'll be pretty easy and not too pricey for a shop to weld new metal in.

Wasn't the Pulsar the car that had the modular body parts? You could have a coupe-like bad end or add an wagon like top for more storage?

I loved that idea, I wish they would do it again!

Am I remembering right, that there were 2 generations of Pulsars though? And the first did not have this feature?

Mine is an N12 Pulsar, which ran from the early 80s ('82 or '83) up until 1986. It was available initially as a wedge-shaped coupe (mine) or a hatch (died quickly) and was powered by a weak-kneed E16 carb motor or a spunkier E15 turbo (lasted only a couple of years)

1987 was the debut year for the N13 generation car. Much improved in build quality, performance, engine choice, etc. And, offered the neat roof options. You could remove the rear hatch and roof top panel, and replace the rear hatch with the wagon one, etc. The twin-cam sport models are quite fun. N13s are far more common because they're...better. Less unique, but also less likely to turn into a rust filing ;)

Well, I got it back today.

They did a pretty decent job. Chopped out the rust, then welded a patch over the fender to match the original shape. And then on top of that they welded in another metal reinforcer panel that goes from the top to the bottom of the fender where the shock mounts up. And its all just painted black, which is fine since carpet covers everything. They did a nice job for 300 bucks. I pulled the carpet up on the other side of the trunk...its obvious I'll be seeing that body shop again before too long. Other side is nice 'n rusty too.

I was just outside pulling out my rear seats and trunk carpet out of my Maxima to inspect for rust, since there was a massive recall on the cars due to rust in the fuel filler area. Everything was solid and safe. Looks like the recall was done early-on in mine. The Pusar inspired me to do it lol.

Thats one thing about living in Wisconsin. Our winters EAT cars :(

Right on. Glad to hear that went relatively well!

I imagine Wisconsin is something like Vermont, I used to live there and the ice/snow and salted roads really do chew cars up. Anything Japanese from the mid 1980's or earlier disintegrates because they are made of thin steel and not galvanized or galvanealed hardly at all. The European cars seem to hold up better there. Of course now thorough rust-proofing is a given on pretty much any car.

What engine does that Pulsar have in it? The turbo? It's a 5 speed I hope?

3-speed automatic :\ Which is why I don't drive it all that much. And a rampaging 69hp carbed engine...wooo. They stopped selling the turbo in '84. Its still fun to drive though. Nobody knows what it is :D

Wisconsin eats every car from every country and every time. Any cars made before the 90s is a candidate for serious rust. And, I'm starting to see cars from the mid 90s with serious rust bites taken out of them, and even a few late 90s cars with minor rust spots :ph34r: . We use salt here like you wouldn't believe.

Wow. I see they had a Pulsar N13 that looked nothing like yours. The 5 door/hatch version. Doesn't look sporty at all. I don't think they sold it here though. I've never seen one except on the Australian websites I found.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links