Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Broke My Record

SilverT4

When I got my Prius back in Feb 2004, I used to drive it very carefully to see how much mpg I could squeeze out of it. My 'test run' was my daily journey to work, a 33 mile trip consisting of 2 miles town driving, 22 miles urban motorway, 7 miles dual carriagway A road, ending with a couple of miles through country lanes.

I used to manage on average around 60-62 mpg and once reached 65 !

However more recently I have been achieving a 'poor' 55-58 and I wondered if it was the car or my driving which had deteriorated.

This morning I tried an experiment and slipped back into a careful driving routine, no hard acceleration, braking only when necessary, reading the road ahead etc etc.

The result ............ 69.3 mpg. Wow !!!!!

!Removed! hell, that is impressive..

After seeing that review on top gear i had my opnions that it was crap, (but it was clarkson driving :rolleyes:)

Well done mate

beats the how fast i can drive type thread :thumbsup:

thats just sick... fair play but i doubt i'd get that walking!!!

Well done. The weather's getting warmer so the ICE will be on less. It definitely gives better MPG in warmer weather....considerably so.

My average over 2004 was bang on 50mpg having covered around 18000 miles.

It's been between 45 and 50mpg all winter but it's now running at over 50 again.

My daily comute is only 6.5 miles and it's all town traffic. If I'm not doing that it's mostly motorways at 75-80mph

I have only ever got the 60 mpg type figures when on roads that force me to travel at around 50mph and by driving very carefully.

Wonderful piece of kit :yes:

Very impressive! :D

Most of the driving I do is stop/start and short town trips.I`m currently averaging slightly over 50mpg which is a vast improvement over previuos car(19mpg :ffs: ).

Recent trip to Newcastle (140miles) ave 54mpg+ on A roads and M way.

Don`t think I`ll ever get much better as it`s rather hilly round here! :wacko:

ATVB ED :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links