Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pounds ---> Dollars

scionic

I just did some quick math and realized that the base model 1.0 Yaris 2 door starts at £7,295.00, which is $14,582.

My car was $14,750 and came with 4 doors, the 1.5 liter engine, power windows and mirrors, traction control, stability control and a 150 watt XM satellite radio with MP3 reading CD and 6 Speakers.

I realize that there is more to the difference in exchange rates than that but I found it interesting.

For what a T-sport Yaris costs there (about $22,000 US), you could buy a well-equipped 180 hp Celica here or even a 225 hp V6 Camry.

...and that's before you factor in VAT, which is about 3 time what our typical sales tax is here last time I checked.

:ph34r:

And petrol was 89.9p a litre last night.

And a pint of beer is about £2.50 - £3.00

20 chicken nuggets, large fries and a milkshake cost about £7.00 (and the "large" aint US large).

All this after we pay more in Tax before we get paid, more in tax after we get paid. Makes it kinda nice to live in this country will all the money being spent on pensions, NHS, public transport .. oh no, it all goes to Tony's holidays in Tuscanny ..

england is !Removed!...... im yet to find a dennys over here :P

:lol: x 1,000,000,000

You really are a funny man. You know that? :thumbsup:

And petrol was 89.9p a litre last night.

And a pint of beer is about £2.50 - £3.00

20 chicken nuggets, large fries and a milkshake cost about £7.00 (and the "large" aint US large).

All this after we pay more in Tax before we get paid, more in tax after we get paid. Makes it kinda nice to live in this country will all the money being spent on pensions, NHS, public transport .. oh no, it all goes to Tony's holidays in Tuscanny ..

Free dentist and doctor visits though, right? :unsure:

Free dentist and doctor visits though, right?  :unsure:

Some dentists maybe, but you have to register with them, but yea free doctors unless you pay for private! :P

No we have to pay national insurance which is income related but we have to pay for the dentist if you work

dentist, only once every 6 months, havn't been to the doctor in over 10 years! I know what I'd rather have!

You all get to have English accents as well. Don't forget that. That's a definite perk. :yes:

You all get to have English accents as well. Don't forget that. That's a definite perk. :yes:

when you say english accent do you mean a real english accent or the accent the actors put on in films the old lardy dar plum in mouth as im english and ive been told i sound like a cross between cockney and norfolk :lol:

when you say english accent do you mean a real english accent or the accent the actors put on in films the old lardy dar plum in mouth as im english and ive been told i sound like a cross between cockney and norfolk :lol:

I mean the "good" one, not the Baldrick from Blackadder one. :lol:

But the average American from a rural area scarcely knows the difference so either will do if you're in Alabama or Kentucky or thereabouts.

I don't think the Baldrick accent will help on executive job interviews here, but the other one will. :yes: Especially if its a job where you'll be dealing directly with the public.

sadly scionic most english accents are !Removed! awful, and its a fact that citizens of other countries' who learn english often speak it better than we do. :unsure:

p.s i pay national insurance twice - on my employed, and self employed earnings and i can never get the NHS to do a thing for me!

your mate got any spare room in his flat? :thumbsup:

Britain sucks bad :angry: Before im 30 i'll have left for somewhere decient like Australia or the US :thumbsup:

Britain sucks bad  :angry:  Before im 30 i'll have left for somewhere decient like Australia or the US  :thumbsup:

Seconded :(

Some dentists maybe, but you have to register with them, but yea free doctors unless you pay for private! :P

Not to mention that its almost impossible to register with an NHS dentist because they're all full!

I am still registered at my old dentist in Rugby - because none of the local Leicestershire dentists have any space - and with some its a 12 month waiting list!!! :eek:

scionic...... Great Britain = Untided Kingdom = Scotland Wales and Northern Ireland, as well as England you know.

All Americans seem to forget this fact..

Being Scottish i don't have an English accent at all, never had and never will have.

I love England, beautifull cities with lovely architecture often minutes away from rolling countryside and lovely villages. I have a job, 'free' NHS and am living comfortably but still know that those less fortunate than me have support.

For me it has the perfect ratio of Good Economy and Pretty Countryside, you are never far from a rural retreat and can still pop to Sainsbury's for your shopping. :thumbsup:

P.S. When flying back from anywhere else I always notice the grass is quite literally greener in England ;)

Not to mention that its almost impossible to register with an NHS dentist because they're all full!

I am still registered at my old dentist in Rugby - because none of the local Leicestershire dentists have any space - and with some its a 12 month waiting list!!! :eek:

Well I've found a perk of living in the UK and having a kid, if you claim CTC/WTC then you can get free prescriptions, free dental work etc etc. And luckily I managed to get on the books of the only nhs dentist too :D

P.S. When flying back from anywhere else I always notice the grass is quite literally greener in England ;)

When I fly back to the UK I notice that when you go through the grey clouds, everything is still grey .. it's as if you are seeing the world on a TV with the colour turned down.

It took me a week of being back in Perth to get over just how colourful everything is again. BLUE skys, BLUE sea, WHITE sand ..

Mmm lets see...

Stealth taxes with little to show for them.

Minimum holiday allowances - even though we work some of the longest hours in Europe.

The huge influx of immigrants who don't really need to be here, due to lack of monitoring and other countries having (quite rightly) stricter regulations. We've increased the population far beyond natural growth and have a country full of money grabbing immigrants that show little or no respect for their environment or others around them. All of which drain our resources and means that people who were born and bred in this country have to pay for those who weren't and show no signs of getting a job to support their 'stay'. That's why we get less "bang for our buck".

Sorry if that sounds bitter but I live in an area that has been directly affected by our governments' poor immigration control. The crime rate has gone up, the amount of rubbish and dirt is appalling and on a bus full of people, you're lucky to hear 4/5 English voices. Several green areas have also been built upon with flats to accommodate them - and you're not telling me that local taxes haven't been used to fund such projects.

"The Grass is always greener on the other side" I always tell myself :rolleyes: :)

...and then I just read Charis_Yaris's Post and I have to fully agree :yes: :(

Mmm lets see...

Stealth taxes with little to show for them.

Minimum holiday allowances - even though we work some of the longest hours in Europe.

The huge influx of immigrants who don't really need to be here, due to lack of monitoring and other countries having (quite rightly) stricter regulations. We've increased the population far beyond natural growth and have a country full of money grabbing immigrants that show little or no respect for their environment or others around them. All of which drain our resources and means that people who were born and bred in this country have to pay for those who weren't and show no signs of getting a job to support their 'stay'. That's why we get less "bang for our buck".

Sorry if that sounds bitter but I live in an area that has been directly affected by our governments' poor immigration control. The crime rate has gone up, the amount of rubbish and dirt is appalling and on a bus full of people, you're lucky to hear 4/5 English voices. Several green areas have also been built upon with flats to accommodate them - and you're not telling me that local taxes haven't been used to fund such projects.

hear hear :thumbsup:

i have a very strong welshy 'butty' accent as im from the rhondda valleys.

Not english :P

scionic...... Great Britain = Untided Kingdom = Scotland Wales and Northern Ireland, as well as England you know.

All Americans seem to forget this fact..

Being Scottish i don't have an English accent at all, never had and never will have.

i have a very strong welshy 'butty' accent as im from the rhondda valleys.

Not english :P

:thumbsup:

"The Grass is always greener on the other side" I always tell myself  :rolleyes: :)

...and then I just read Charis_Yaris's Post and I have to fully agree  :yes:  :(

Me too, & dont even get me started on the "justice" system in this country. People seem to care more about trying to stop some1 committing a crime again than punishing them for committing it in the 1st place, hardly sets a good example for some1 planning on breaking the law.

On a lighter note though, you cant beat a good game of english football. Theres no way I could emigrate (even if you dont count my job which I'm pretty much sorted for life in) unless it was just for the time between seasons.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links