Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Problem

steve-w

I was hoping i would never have any problems and have to ask for advice.

Basically on the way home i stopped at some traffic lights and the revs suddenly dropped and the engine started rattling and running rough.

Trying to pull away the engine wouldn't pull straight away. All the way home i had to really push the revs just to get the car moving.

Running at high speed the car goes fine.

When i got home i let the car idle a bit and revved the engine a a little. Sounds like a miss-fire until the car hits 2000 rpm. Anyone have any idea if it is the sparkplugs or any other problem?

sounds like the plugs or the leads

Was the one lead on my old SEAT, if it is the same it will deterierate further as time goes on and it becomes more clogged with carbon

Taking it to the garage i bought it from tommorow.

They did the 60.000 mile service on it. If i find they've put crap plugs in i shall expect some proper ones. Hopefully thats all it is.

If you can whip out the plugs and have a look at the electrodes. they could be knackered.

only other thing could be sumin like a fuel pressure problem or trottle body problem.

Lost my plug bit in my socket set so i'm taking it to the garage. It wasn't a toyota garage. Just some local garage that used to be a rover dealer. I suspect they used cheap plugs cos the air filter looks like it should belong in my vacuum cleaner and the oil filters a unipart one.

So they used non-genuine plugs. which probly wrong plugs for the car. just take it bach

gonna get it re-serviced i've decided. Just hoping and praying there isn't a massive underlying problem. At least engine management light hasn't come on

Take a lead from a plug and hold it againts the engine block.. get some one to turn the engine over (just a couple of turns) it should spark if one doesn't replace it. (at least thats they way i used to check them... used to check the centre lead against the rotor arm it shouldn't spark if it did , it was goosed.. i think been ages)

All sorted now.Had it serviced for free. They even cleaned out the injectors

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links