Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Had The Car On The Dyno Today

rossnova

Took my car to have the bhp checked & i dunno if im disappointed or happy yet :wacko:

My top bhp was 114.5 @ 6000 rpm

My top torque was 104.9 (ft.lb.) @ 5000 rpm

How does this sound to you guys?

List of mods:

Apexi Induction Kit

Megan Header

De-cat

Mongoose Centre Section

Universal Rear Box

Perrin Crank Pulley

Buddyclub Condesor (spelling)

The car is going back in on Thursday for a Unichip. Estimated total power 130bhp :thumbsup:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rossnova

• earpl

• clarky

• Moffmo

Top Posters In This Topic

you'll be lucky for 130 with a dastek.

You never know. I'll find out on Thursday & let u know

drb5 had his done (with very similar mods to you) and he said it was s**t and got his money back :(

drb5 had his done (with very similar mods to you) and he said it was s**t and got his money back :(

Did he keep the chip??

I didnt know u could get ur money back if u werent happy with it

no i think he got rid of it and got his money back

I'll see wot happens

not bad, always depends on the dyno and even down to things like weather conditions, i had mine do a run of 120.3bhp (got the print out somewhere ill dig it up)

that was with ELP manifold, full stainless straight through decat, 2 1/4 inch i think it was? but i forget as i bought it 2nd hand, and a Blitz air filter

also ran roughly 145bhp at the flick of a certain switch at times :P

what and where can we get these switches :P

Dunno but it sounds dodgy :D

I dunno about putting NOS in the car. Dont wanna burn the valves just yet

i ran a NOS system for a bit with 25bhp jets

trust me its crap on a small engine! you at least need a v6 and 100shot to get a good feel ;) and yes itll eventually nail the valves and valve seats

also made the engine just make alot of noise and not much go to be honest!

Standard = 105BHP

Rossnova, how much have you spent on all of these performance mods to gain yourself 9bhp? :P

It is a shame the Yaris is so un-mod friendly. Other than that it is a really great car.

Standard = 105BHP

Rossnova, how much have you spent on all of these performance mods to gain yourself 9bhp? :P

It is a shame the Yaris is so un-mod friendly. Other than that it is a really great car.

I know, I know :rolleyes:

Id rather spend it on the car than ***** it up the wall!!!

It all adds to the spec list even if it doesnt do the car justice :D

Hey im sure they will make more of a difference if you get it turboed and remember that all of the engine mods are not solely just for gaining bhp?

Pulley wheel make the revs alot more resposive!

Induction kit also give the engine a nicer note as does the exhaust!

What was your torque like compared to standard?

CB :thumbsup:

Im not sure wot the standard torque is. Someone will know :D

Standard = 105BHP

I know, I know :rolleyes:

Id rather spend it on the car than ***** it up the wall!!!

It all adds to the spec list even if it doesnt do the car justice :D

I think you did pretty well considering none of those are real power gaining mods. I'm impressed you got as much as you did. At least you are honest about it and realistic in your expectations.

For what all you spent you could be on your way to a supercharger, you might consider that. Kimi seems to be the only one on this site really serious about actual gains with a Yaris.

I would skip the chip if I were you. A chip on a naturally aspirated car is just stupid. There are very few parameters that can be changed within a very narrow threshold on a car like this for power gains and even once you begin to explore those you risk failing emissions, or worse, damaging your engine by running a too lean fuel/air mixture.

The car has reasonable power for the displacement as it is. I am mystified why people are willing to Shell out so much money on riceboy add-ons with zero evidence of their efficacy. I say if you want more power, quit d*cking around and get a supercharger or else throw on a CAI and leave it at that. Most of the rest is a total waste of money as your dyno results clearly show.

Just had to be brutally honest there, mate. Sorry.

Cheers to you for at least hitting the rolling road instead of bolting on all those trinkets and then insisting to everyone that you have 150 hp now (calculated with time honored method of cuumulatively addding up all the manufacturers bullsh-t claims for their products)

:thumbsup:

Stop while you're ahead and forget that chip mate. Best case scenario, it will do little or nothing and you return it and get a refund. Worst case scenario you get 8-10 more hp by leaning out the fuel mixture then you either burn holes in pistons over time, fail emissions or the ECU simply corrects for it and puts you back to less bhp then you had before.

Just MHO

Oh and, standard torque is 105 lbft @ 4000 RPM if I remember correctly.

no i think he got rid of it and got his money back

yeah i was gonna get one, but waste of money. I read his post, search for drb5

this exactly why im considering gettign a glanza.

The yaris is great car i love it, if it wasnt so unmod friendly id keep.

But a glanza i can throw half amount of the maoney id spend on a yaris and get better gains but then again and th end of the day it waht you want.

a glanza a turbo, so its bound to end up better.

still overall look a yaris is better than a glanza, just a think a front of a glanza is better. :thumbsup:

For what all you spent you could be on your way to a supercharger, you might consider that. Kimi seems to be the only one on this site really serious about actual gains with a Yaris.

:ffs: so u must think i must have a hair dryer strapped to mine.

:ffs: so u must think i must have a hair dryer strapped to mine.

i really rate you for fitting a turbo to your yaris, its a good achievement :thumbsup:

Hi Scionic, can you explain whats "riceboy" about an exhaust system, Air filter, and Crank Pulley???

They are all functional parts that do give a performance increase! I think a nearly 10% increase on an N/A car is a good acheivment from bolt on modifications and is consistent with what most other makes and models of cars are acheiving with similar upgrades.

I think a real test of the results of the modifications could be measure by 1/4 mile times or by the same driver taking a bog standard yaris down the strip then getting into a modified car and doing the same.

Kevin

The car has reasonable power for the displacement as it is. I am mystified why people are willing to Shell out so much money on riceboy add-ons with zero evidence of their efficacy. I say if you want more power, quit d*cking around and get a supercharger or else throw on a CAI and leave it at that. Most of the rest is a total waste of money as your dyno results clearly show.

Just had to be brutally honest there, mate. Sorry.

babylisswhsprjettrvl18003kl.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links