Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Had The Car On The Dyno Today

rossnova

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rossnova

• earpl

• clarky

• Moffmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Ross! (Cant be ubikd reading half this thread!) I want to see clarky's T-Sport on the RR. It could convert me to a Yaris boy! lol :D

The Glanza engine is with its own gearbox. This member's engine is also tuned (among other stuff, a T28BB  :eek:  a front mount intercooler etc.) and is about 210 bhp !!!

If someone wants to install a Glanza engine, the full cost (engine, gearbox, parts and labor) is about 3.000 euros. The installation is not very difficult. There are many of them. Of course, the digital dash works perfectly !!!

Next week I will post a photo from mine with the HKS turbo kit with a Celica GT4 chargecooler on top of the engine (have not finished the paintjob yet  :lol: )

Here in Greece the modifications to the engines are very popular since there is no penalty from the insurance companies (yet :unsure: )

PMSL, was quoted 1000 quid by my neighbour. But have decided against it as the pigs are being wa****s over here at present regarding modded motors. Bet you 20 quid i'll have to remove my new filter within a month

Well I also sell Turbo Chargers, super Chargers, perform engine conversions and drive a T-Sport myself. Your point is what exactly??

You said the mods were "rice". I think the parts are high quality items that are certainly not "Tacky" in any way and do give a "increase" in performance, what ever that maybe.

Would you call the same mods "rice" if they were say fitted to a Supra TT or a Skyline GTR?

I don't hear any body complaining about there mods once fitted to there cars so they obviously enjoy the benefits they get from performing the said modifications.

Kevin

You run a business by selling these parts, I'd expect you to say that.

When you post a legitimate before and after dyno chart for an exhaust system, air filter and crank pulley showing significant gains throughout the RPM range then I'll take those kinds of mods seriously. Until then I'll be laughing when people spend 100's and 1000's on things like that.

Everyone needs to decide for themselves of course though. :thumbsup:

im complaining kev............. THAT I HAVENT GOT ANY CASH to throw your way for the next uk exclusive product you throw our way ;)

scionic, sorry pal but you havent got a clue, and lay off kev :angry:

Well I also sell Turbo Chargers, super Chargers, perform engine conversions and drive a T-Sport myself. Your point is what exactly??

You said the mods were "rice". I think the parts are high quality items that are certainly not "Tacky" in any way and do give a "increase" in performance, what ever that maybe.

Would you call the same mods "rice" if they were say fitted to a Supra TT or a Skyline GTR?

I don't hear any body complaining about there mods once fitted to there cars so they obviously enjoy the benefits they get from performing the said modifications.

Kevin

Turbochargers and superchargers are performance items.

"Sports cats" do nothing.

Ok guys im gonna step in here. I hope i havent started an argument!!!

Got the unichip in now & the results are as follows

115 lb.ft @ 5500rpm

127.3bhp @ 6500rpm

This was using 4th gear

These figures are from today 02/06/05

The car is pulling very well now & im really happy with it. I was hoping for 130bhp but 127.3bhp is close enough. :thumbsup:

Ive spent a fair amount on this car & the things i have bought for it havent let me down too much. :D

Yes they do... they allow a better flow of exhaust gases without a highly restrictive catalytic converter. Show me a tuned/modified sports/race car which doesn't have a sports cat (or a de-cat for highly tuned cars) and i'll eat my hat.

Yes supercharging and turbo charging are the only proper ways of getting large gains, but rossnova has just proved that with better breathing and a chip that the performance has increased quite a lot. Over 20bhp is almost 20% in this car... that's a lot. A 200bhp car (like a turbo-charged performance car, like, ohh, say the new golf gti - which you should like scionic as it's basically a diesel that runs on petrol.... why.... quieter and for better aural exhaust & engine noise) would need to have an increase of 40bhp to be near ross's gains... how would it do that since it's already turbocharged?? Hmm... better breathing and a chip?? Yep... sounds right to me.

They are the most simple mods known to man, along with styling... better breathing is 90% of the time the first modification a car modifier will do. And why?? Better noise, and some increase in performance.... 5bhp may not seem a lot, but it's something.

right are we trying to aim for 150 or 200 bhp, IMO 200 is way too much, will it even get grip to put it all down to the road, don`t get me wrong i`m not saying ye are wrong in what your saying, i love to say i had a 200bhp yaris, but and this could only be me still being half asleep as i`m on hols talking, but is 150bhp not enough in a yaris???? so either get a TS turbo engine from jap lap or any non EU country in europe or go see HKS/BLITZ OR TTE

cool ross, but remember thats on a rolling road :(

im only reading 101bhp with filter, pully, exhaust. thats using a gtech in 2nd, wind resistance & all.

some very interesting reading

with an engine conversion which would be the better option, the glanza or the 3sgte

3gste

the glanza is a 1.3 turbo

the 3sgte is a 2.0l twin entry turbo

the 3sgte is a proper proper tight squeeze, you might even have to extend the front :eek:

If you find the mounts for the glanza engine it should be a doddle, doubt it would be that much quicker than a tsport?!

your jokin right not much quicker than a t sport?, those glanza are 0-60 7.1 bog, and weight less than a yaris. :D

you muppet :P im on about the glanza engine IN the yaris

i know that! :D that it will still be quicker than a t sport, even the t sport weights bit more it will still a lot faster witha glanza engine in, the torque and bhp are quite a bit highier

Ok guys im gonna step in here. I hope i havent started an argument!!!

Got the unichip in now & the results are as follows

115 lb.ft @ 5500rpm

127.3bhp @ 6500rpm

This was using 4th gear

These figures are from today 02/06/05

The car is pulling very well now & im really happy with it. I was hoping for 130bhp but 127.3bhp is close enough. :thumbsup:

Ive spent a fair amount on this car & the things i have bought for it havent let me down too much. :D

hey :thumbsup::thumbsup: :D , that good results now the torque rating has shot up with the chip! :thumbsup:

Not answering my orginal question I see.... Oh well.

Wrong again the sports CAT will give you an increase in BHP.

Give up while your behind.....

Oh well I best go back to the worshop to fit a clutch to the EVO 5 we have in today, then I have to fit the brake upgrade to the Supra TT we have today. Lets see I have Mitsubishi GTO in for a full engine re-build but that will have to wait until tommorow. Something tells me I do this kind of stuff for a "living".

Kevin

Well done Ross, as someone has already said that is a good increase in power.

I am hoping that combined with the mods I have done the CAMCON unit will help best utilise the mods I have done. In a similar way the Chip has helped utilise yours.

Did the guys at the chipping company notice if the car was running lean at all? I think I was looking at using a larger capacity fuel pump combined with a regulator and a larger fuel rail to help richen it up a bit. The fuel rail also allows for bigger injectors if need be.

The fueling on the standard Yaris tends to let the car down, once you start modufying it and is particularly a worry when the car is turbo or supercharged.

Thanks

Kevin

Im not sure about that Kevin. I'll give them a call & find out.

p.s Kevin

U wanna try another list for hose-kits as i really need mine asap

i know that!  :D  that it will still be quicker than a t sport, even the t sport weights  bit more it will still a lot faster witha glanza engine in, the torque and bhp are quite a bit highier

hehe, but the question is, is the gain that you get worth the monies that you pay? or is it the same as wacking a turbo on the current engine for less or the same that you've paid?

CAMCON is around the 300 mark from memory, so even with pump and fuel rail its gonna still gonna be significantly cheaper ...

And yeah - Ill have a blue hose kit pls!

And yeah - Ill have a blue hose kit pls!

Me 2

List here

1.Clarky-blue

2.Rossnova-blue

Not answering my orginal question I see.... Oh well.

Wrong again the sports CAT will give you an increase in BHP.

PROVE IT.

i believe 2 people have with dyno's............... a hole.

Dynos for the car before the sports cat and then after with just the sports cat?

Lets see them.

Dude. You think Optimax makes your car faster, so you don't have the best credibility here. :lol:

no i belive it gives better throttle response. and i think you should be banned because frankly your ****ing negative and are dragging these forums down. please. use the TOC USA forums.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links