Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Had The Car On The Dyno Today

rossnova

Ok sorry last post bit harsh! I can see what scionic means about performance parts not living up to their claims but its not like you people are in the dark when you fit these parts! you know the score and you are still fitting them because YOU WANT TO! If scionic doesnt agree, he doesn't have to fit them to his car. If he doesnt like the idea of these mods, dont post in the threads about them or hang around in a forum of this nature. If he can't manage to keep his mouth shut about it he could atleast use a little thing called manors! We call the fujitsubo a non-power getter! we know it does nothing/little to the performance of the car and we admit it. Why, when someones fits a mod to THEIR car that THEY like is it such a crime? We don't usually criticise your car and whatever mods it may or may not have! We certainly don't ONLY post putting others down!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rossnova

• earpl

• clarky

• Moffmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for contributing to this guys. Ive have a really good time.

This may get locked soon & il get locked up. Unless admin see the funny side of it :lol:

Lol yeh, back on topic more, i don't know much about engine swaps (but i hope to be an engineer one day), so is any engine into any car possible if sizes conform and you build all the mounts etc. Therefore, in theory, could a light rotary engine be put into a Yaris, or a motorbike engine? That will give admanirv his"0-60" times he wants :P I just interested as i wana learn as i'm a sponge for any information on cars! (in the sense i wana absorb lots of information not in the sense im full of air!) :unsure:

woody i believe the non-power getter is referd to as that because its not a power getter its just a fujitsubo. e.g for the 1.0 and 1.3

i had significant power increases from mine. coupled with Shell optimax..WELL............ wanna see the dynos?

ross, its only a joke mods should be fine :)

was that with the windows down as it is proven to be 10 times as effective like that! i have dyno sheets of it......but the dog ate them! you can even ask my mum!

was that with the windows down as it is proven to be 10 times as effective like that! i have dyno sheets of it......but the dog ate them! you can even ask my mum!

having the windows down increases drag and fuel consumption...

ross, its only a joke mods should be fine :)

I know they will. Im just having a laugh & so will they if they join in :lol:

HAH but have you drawn pictures to prove it moffmo? i have! i scribbled two colour lines on piece of paper with BHP and Torque up sides and i did one before i wound down the windows! HAH!

Anyway back to my more relevant (ish) question! can any engine conversion be done into the yaris given the space is right? (cant be bothered to type it agen so just read my post in this thread from before)

With the windows down, ur meant to lose 7%. I heard that on a car program a few years ago

yeh i heard that and isn't it like 10% for Aircon? (I was kidding before btw!) Also Isn't BHP and Torque measured at the flywheel and at the wheels and so therefore wind etc. doesnt affect it? Doesn't the wind etc. only affect the effort the engine has to put in to maintain a speed rather than its optimum pulling power? Meh maybe i don't know enough to be talking about this!

PMSL!!! :thumbsup::lol:

Shame i was at work for this discussion!

Hmm.... i wonder what im doing tomorrow... maybe postman pats paper round... wonder if i can borrow sci's van?!?! And don't worry, a before & after dyno will be taken to take account of the weight reduction after all those parcel deliveries!

Engine swapwise theres been a lot of discusion around using Glanza/Starlet turbo engine and I suspect at least one member is having a go as we speak ...

Also if you look hard enough you'll find a yaris already fitted with a VVTLi engine from the 190 celicas and corollas ... can be done but my god it looks tight ...

A 190 celica engine would be great :D

Dunno what would need to be done to the chassis and brakes, but yeh would be pretty awesome

indeed would be great, but too much work IMO u would have to question how much the car could take

You got to put in the work to reap the rewards, I agree with Chuck though, it ouldnt be easy and swapping the engine would just be the start.... Brakes, suspension, chassis strengthening, weight distribution. All things like that to maintain drivability,

Been done before - can find the pics but have absolutely no idea who did it or what the results were like?

Anybody?

Can't remember, but i know it's a show car now at TTE i think!

Im pretty sure Kevin said that with about £5k to spend the T-Sport could have 250bhp safely. That includes all suspension mods, LSD, turbo, all engine internals uprated etc. I think that may be easier than a 190 engine swap as that's bound to be much heavier and wouldn't have the turbo boooooossshhhtt!

But, that's £5k worth of work! Granted, if i won the lottery i'd do it, just for laughs... super-stealth Type-R beating Yaris! Now that'd be fun! But, £5k gets you on your way to faster cars that are standard.

A 190 swap would be pretty sweet too as well.

Anyone ;)

Gaz.

Lol yeh, back on topic more, i don't know much about engine swaps (but i hope to be an engineer one day), so is any engine into any car possible if sizes conform and you build all the mounts etc. Therefore, in theory, could a light rotary engine be put into a Yaris, or a motorbike engine? That will give admanirv his"0-60" times he wants :P I just interested as i wana learn as i'm a sponge for any information on cars! (in the sense i wana absorb lots of information not in the sense im full of air!)  :unsure:

hmmm my obbession, 0-60, its the way i measure performance increase if any mods lower it ill have it! :thumbsup:

i think i can my yaris to do 0-60 in 4secs safely and 180mph :thumbsup:

thats if i throw it out of plane a few hundred feet up hahaha!

PMSL....

BIG THREAD!!!!

Well, my dyno line went, wee wee wee!!!! All the way home...

:D :D :D

Can't remember, but i know it's a show car now at TTE i think!

Im pretty sure Kevin said that with about £5k to spend the T-Sport could have 250bhp safely. That includes all suspension mods, LSD, turbo, all engine internals uprated etc. I think that may be easier than a 190 engine swap as that's bound to be much heavier and wouldn't have the turbo boooooossshhhtt!

But, that's £5k worth of work! Granted, if i won the lottery i'd do it, just for laughs... super-stealth Type-R beating Yaris! Now that'd be fun! But, £5k gets you on your way to faster cars that are standard.

For £5k you could have the 3s-GTE engine surely? 260BHP standard although would the yaris need to be converted to RWD? that would be a big ball ache! :wacko:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links