Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Had The Car On The Dyno Today

rossnova

wtf is it with you and 0-60 times??? buy a bloddy motor bike or something :P

hahaha, yeah agreed. Im just interested. hehe <_<

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rossnova

• earpl

• clarky

• Moffmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is something I giving serious consideration too. We have done many engine swaps before so this would be pretty straight forward job for us to do. I was thinking about getting a crash damaged Yaris then fitting a modified startlet engine to it.

The idea was to try and win the fwd drive catergory at next years TOTB in the yaris! :D

I think I may look at selling my current Yaris T-Sport when I return from Holiday and embarking on this little project. :P

Thanks

Kevin

i believe there is a company that sells the mounts so you can fit the starlet glanze engine into the yaris :thumbsup:

About the engine swap, I think that one engine mount has to be made on CNC. The others fit.

The owner of the 4-throttle YARIS is every night (almost) doing street-racing :ph34r: , so I don't know his 0-60. I will ask him.

Mine, before the chargecooler, according to Digimoto had 8.92 sec. Next month, I will replace the Fcon mini piggy back with a Dastek Unichip :drool: . Then, I will have some new info... :thumbsup:

some very interesting reading

with an engine conversion which would be the better option, the glanza or the 3sgte

Took my car to have the bhp checked & i dunno if im disappointed or happy yet :wacko:

My top bhp was 114.5 @ 6000 rpm

My top torque was  104.9 (ft.lb.) @ 5000 rpm

How does this sound to you guys?

List of mods:

Apexi Induction Kit

Megan Header

De-cat

Mongoose Centre Section

Universal Rear Box

Perrin Crank Pulley

Buddyclub Condesor (spelling)

The car is going back in on Thursday for a Unichip. Estimated total power 130bhp :thumbsup:

isnt that torque rating (ft.lb) less than standard i thought standard was 107, im sure its 107

with an engine conversion which would be the better option, the glanza or the 3sgte

3gste

the glanza is a 1.3 turbo

the 3sgte is a 2.0l twin entry turbo

the 3sgte is a proper proper tight squeeze, you might even have to extend the front :eek:

If you find the mounts for the glanza engine it should be a doddle, doubt it would be that much quicker than a tsport?!

3gste

the 3sgte is a proper proper tight squeeze, you might even have to extend the front :eek:

If you find the mounts for the glanza engine it should be a doddle, doubt it would be that much quicker than a tsport?!

your jokin right not much quicker than a t sport?, those glanza are 0-60 7.1 bog, and weight less than a yaris. :D

3gste

your jokin right not much quicker than a t sport?, those glanza are 0-60 7.1 bog, and weight less than a yaris. :D

you muppet :P im on about the glanza engine IN the yaris

yes true the 3sgte does sound nice BUT youve got to take into consideration all the extra issues, weight of it, room, ecu etc etc

was just curious to know would the glanza be any easier! and money wise which would be the cheaper option

i would have said the glanza

extend the front :rolleyes: MUPPET

Go on then, go and wack one in and find out for me

I said might... :angry:

yes true the 3sgte does sound nice BUT youve got to take into consideration all the extra issues, weight of it, room, ecu etc etc

was just curious to know would the glanza be any easier! and money wise which would be the cheaper option

i would have said the glanza

glanza.. but also completely pointless

its a 1.3 turbo... you have a 1.5.... not much difference....

as far as i can see 3sgte = Lots of work, lots of monies and i mean lots 6 gs probably more, and we dont know if its even possible

glanza = cheaper, and has been done before, mounts are already available.. but imo pointless

The reason to swap the 1NZ to 4EFTE is that it can be tuned very cheap and very quick to 150 bhp. With the use of forged pistons, bigger turbine etc. 200 bhp is not too far away :thumbsup:

The reason to swap the 1NZ to 4EFTE is that it can be tuned very cheap and very quick to 150 bhp. With the use of forged pistons, bigger turbine etc. 200 bhp is not too far away  :thumbsup:

Aye thats a very good point actually, the 1nz seems to be hard to mod, saying that im sure it would just be easier to turbo the 1.5 and then it should be easier to tune

Hi Scionic, can you explain whats "riceboy" about an exhaust system, Air filter, and Crank Pulley???

They are all functional parts that do give a performance increase! I think a nearly 10% increase on an N/A car is a good acheivment from bolt on modifications and is consistent with what most other makes and models of cars are acheiving with similar upgrades.

I think a real test of the results of the modifications could be measure by 1/4 mile times or by the same driver taking a bog standard yaris down the strip then getting into a modified car and doing the same.

Kevin

You run a business by selling these parts, I'd expect you to say that.

When you post a legitimate before and after dyno chart for an exhaust system, air filter and crank pulley showing significant gains throughout the RPM range then I'll take those kinds of mods seriously. Until then I'll be laughing when people spend 100's and 1000's on things like that.

Everyone needs to decide for themselves of course though. :thumbsup:

For what all you spent you could be on your way to a supercharger, you might consider that. Kimi seems to be the only one on this site really serious about actual gains with a Yaris.

:ffs: so u must think i must have a hair dryer strapped to mine.

Forgot you had the turbo, sorry mate. :thumbsup:

At the end of the day im doing this to a car that not alot of people have the ball 2 try something different with.

As for bhp gains!! Everyone wants a more powerful car but not everyone gets this in the same way.

I may be wasting my money but it is MY money.

I know us guys in the uk havent really got alot of cash for BIG BHP MODS as most performance parts come from overseas & they cost a fortune, but we do try & make do with wot we have & & & we dont HAVE to really be bigger & better than you yank guys coz we know that we will never win.

Anything anyone in the world does, no-matter wot it is, the USA are always better!!! So they think  :ffs:

Don't develop a complex. I don't think everything in the USA is better. We don't all think there is no replacement for displacement etc.

Let's not exaggerate.

I just think it's practical to expect actual gains from any performance parts you add on. My problem is with no one specific here. Just the idea of slapping on parts and imagining you're getting power from them when you might even be losing power. It's all very unscientific and beleive me Americans are just as guilty of it.

My point is, if you go and spend several hundred on an exhaust and it's advertised to deliver 10 more bhp, wouldn't you like to actually get 10 more bhp and be sure that you are?

Too many people here are willing to take the manufacturers claims on faith and just assume that every part will deliver the power promised (even in combination) when most do not.

If you aren't fitting exhausts and intakes and the rest for more power, then why do it? Honestly??? :huh:

Am I that controversial for thinking performance modifications should actually... I don't know... IMPROVE PERFORMANCE?

Oh... crazy Scionic. What is he thinking? :wacko:

they sound and look good. now scroll up, read what JAXX said and try to keep this thread reasonable.......!

they sound and look good. now scroll up, read what JAXX said and try to keep this thread reasonable.......!

That's what I figured. Most of the time it's got not a thing to do with performance.

OK, I'm done here. Back to talking about shiny pretty things for you car that do "sod all" as you'd say.

whoever forgot about the celica TS engine, forget the 3SGTE its too old the ecu's would take ages to tie toggether, because the 3SGTE one wont run all the yaris gubins i.e. power steering etc. whereas a more modern engine could be used with its original ECU and 190bhp vvtLi standard

whoever forgot about the celica TS engine, forget the 3SGTE its too old the ecu's would take ages to tie toggether, because the 3SGTE one wont run all the yaris gubins i.e. power steering etc.  whereas a more modern engine could be used with its original ECU and 190bhp vvtLi standard

My 3SGTE runs my power steering fine thanks :D

Joe

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links