Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Had The Car On The Dyno Today

rossnova

and want some thing different!

hats off to you,

couldnt agree more, everyone has their own views and ambitions for their cars. not every one wants power gains but somthing different or more unique, ok so what we may not get biggest of gains but it all helps and its all uprated parts in the long run

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rossnova

• earpl

• clarky

• Moffmo

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day im doing this to a car that not alot of people have the ball 2 try something different with.

As for bhp gains!! Everyone wants a more powerful car but not everyone gets this in the same way.

I may be wasting my money but it is MY money.

I know us guys in the uk havent really got alot of cash for BIG BHP MODS as most performance parts come from overseas & they cost a fortune, but we do try & make do with wot we have & & & we dont HAVE to really be bigger & better than you yank guys coz we know that we will never win.

Anything anyone in the world does, no-matter wot it is, the USA are always better!!! So they think :ffs:

most yanks believe theres no replacement for displacement ,

id rather have a 1.5 turbo than a stupid big a$$ heavy v6 na

the sameparts that ross and others have fitted may not give BIG power gain, but what they do is make the car feel alot more free and more enjoyable to drive and at the end of the day thats what we are after so :thumbsup: to ye all

true true true. ive got a vid of a modded civic killing a dodge viper. i know which i'd rarther have.

stop bickering :rolleyes:

stop bickering :rolleyes:

Double post, it told me id timeout and it still went through wtf

Scionic .. who are you directing this all to?

Is it the people who come on this forum to swap ideas, share enthusiasm and generally be part of a community? If it is, well then I'm afraid you seem to once again be missing the point.

No ones asking YOU to spend money on your car doing similar mods, no-one is berating YOU and your ideas and frankly .. why do YOU find it neccessary to make such comments? Its not as if YOU havent made them before and been ignored or contradicted.

WE on the forum have fun doing what we do within OUR budgets and OUR approach to modding ... perhaps this is something YOU have missed?

Oh - and Ross, said it before but will say it again - nice car and good dyno results ...

I agree... Whenever Scionic makes a comment, it's usually half an essay, and generally having a go and looking down on people on the Forum... Why are you even on here? :angry:

I mean hell, if you want a ferrari-beating performance car you don't buy a Yaris, but when you do buy a Yaris, it doesn't mean you can't up-the-ante a bit... Come on, we're all car lovers, and most on here Yaris lovers, so why knock people all the time? :angry:

*Note* This is not a go at Scionic, only people who have nothing better to do than knock other peoples efforts, knowledge, and enthusiam... It is in no way aimed at people who own boxes

Scionic .. who are you directing this all to?

Is it the people who come on this forum to swap ideas, share enthusiasm and generally be part of a community?  If it is, well then I'm afraid you seem to once again be missing the point.

No ones asking YOU to spend money on your car doing similar mods, no-one is berating YOU and your ideas and frankly .. why do YOU find it neccessary to make such comments?  Its not as if YOU havent made them before and been ignored or contradicted.

WE on the forum have fun doing what we do within OUR budgets and OUR approach to modding ... perhaps this is something YOU have missed?

Oh - and Ross, said it before but will say it again - nice car and good dyno results ...

Thanks mate :thumbsup:

Good rant btw. I was trying to find the words but they wouldnt strech past my fingertips to type them in!!!!

We love the Yaris because the Yaris loves us!! No1 will burst our bubble :thumbsup:

strike 2!

stop bickering! once again and thread goes bye bye! :rolleyes:

and i dont want to do it to an informative and intelligent thread!

so be warned!

strike 2!

stop bickering! once again and thread goes bye bye! :rolleyes:

and i dont want to do it to an informative and intelligent thread!

so be warned!

No probs mate :thumbsup:

Everyone please keep to topic, i.e. saying nice stuff about my car :D :D

Hmmm, Yaris not mod friendly ?

Here in Hellas Yaris Club we have a T-Sport with 4-throttle modification which gives about 155 bhp @ 8000 rpm I think :eek:

Take a look !!! http://www.yarisclub.gr/album_pic.php?pic_id=1424

If you don't like the 1NZ, you can always put a Glanza engine

http://www.yarisclub.gr/album_showpage.php?pic_id=1420

Here in Hellas Yaris Club we have a T-Sport with 4-throttle modification which gives about 155 bhp @ 8000 rpm I think  :eek:

Take a look !!!    http://www.yarisclub.gr/album_pic.php?pic_id=1424

you own car is not shy on mods under the bonnet, that what i love about ye over think it-do it. well done :thumbsup: . is it the starlet engine and gear box or just engine and is it much of a job to fit

had no idea the glanza engine would go in  :D

id love to know how big a job it would be.

how can i get an accurate 0-60 times, was looking at one of those g tech things.

any good?

how can i get an accurate 0-60 times, was looking at one of those g tech things.

any good?

the £35 ones are crap. the one iv'e bourght is the getech RR that was £220 thats cool, ive got the warning lights to come on at 0.75G this can be increased to 4g's, but pulling over 1.5 g's in a car would prolly mean through a wall :P

The Glanza engine is with its own gearbox. This member's engine is also tuned (among other stuff, a T28BB :eek: a front mount intercooler etc.) and is about 210 bhp !!!

If someone wants to install a Glanza engine, the full cost (engine, gearbox, parts and labor) is about 3.000 euros. The installation is not very difficult. There are many of them. Of course, the digital dash works perfectly !!!

Next week I will post a photo from mine with the HKS turbo kit with a Celica GT4 chargecooler on top of the engine (have not finished the paintjob yet :lol: )

Here in Greece the modifications to the engines are very popular since there is no penalty from the insurance companies (yet :unsure: )

The Glanza engine is with its own gearbox. This member's engine is also tuned (among other stuff, a T28BB  :eek:  a front mount intercooler etc.) and is about 210 bhp !!!

If someone wants to install a Glanza engine, the full cost (engine, gearbox, parts and labor) is about 3.000 euros. The installation is not very difficult. There are many of them. Of course, the digital dash works perfectly !!!

Next week I will post a photo from mine with the HKS turbo kit with a Celica GT4 chargecooler on top of the engine (have not finished the paintjob yet  :lol: )

Here in Greece the modifications to the engines are very popular since there is no penalty from the insurance companies (yet :unsure: )

What bhp, and 0-60 specs are you running

Here in Hellas Yaris Club we have a T-Sport with 4-throttle modification which gives about 155 bhp @ 8000 rpm I think  :eek:

Take a look !!!    http://www.yarisclub.gr/album_pic.php?pic_id=1424

whats involced with a 4-throttle mod?, what 0-60 times you getting?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links