Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hard Tops On For Winter

Penelope Pitstop

When or have people put there Hard Tops back on for winter yet????My top is stored in the cover on one of those trolley gadgets and its sat there since July when i bought my MR2,,,and now i have to put it back on for winter ...boo hoo :crybaby::crybaby: Has other people put theres back on :crybaby::crybaby:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Penelope Pitstop

• GIDDLEPIN

• cfc1

• Bibbs

A Hard Top??? wats that then? :lol:

I havn't got one.. didn't bother with it.as long as i keep treating the softop i shouldn't have any problems.

I know a lot of people are beginning to think about it now though.. if it was me.. i'd be waiting till the salt hits the roads.. we still got a few sunny (but cold.. thats what the heater is for) days left yet :)

:thumbsup: okey doke...........even though i lurve my car i least like the look of it when the soft tops up....Coolest look..... top down...also do like the look with its hardtop on,,,only had that on for a day and thats when i picked it up. So i would have to get used to that look again . :thumbsup: Im sooooo excited cant wait to put my own plate on ,,,on Tuesday....took about 6wks for it all to go through.. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Remember.. just because its cold doesn't mean you have to have the roof on.. as long as it isn't raining, its as warm as toast with the heater on full :thumbsup: Was out the other week, was a bit cloudy and overcast, but dry.. i thought sod it, and took the hood down... can't beat it :)

Three years old and never had a hard top :thumbsup:

Just used vynyl dressing regularly and it's still like new :yes:

As far as cold weather goes, if it's raining--top up, any other time---------(that's Anne by the way)

snow.jpg

:eek: How do you use a vinyl dressing ,,how often,,ect...i would imagine that before i decide to put my hard top back on i should take some sort of care to the soft top before its folded back down for winter,,having never owned a sports car before ,,,all this looking after and changing tops mellarky is all new to me : :huh::wacko: P.S. dosnt Les look like Leo Sayer in that pic?????from P.P.

Use the vynl dressing once a month.. or when it gets dirty :thumbsup: it keeps the vynl nice, soft and flexible.

:eek: How do you use a vinyl dressing ,,how often,,ect...i would imagine that before i decide to put my hard top back on i should take some sort of care to the soft top before its folded back down for winter,,having never owned a sports car before ,,,all this looking after and changing tops mellarky is all new to me : :huh:  :wacko: P.S. dosnt Les look like Leo Sayer in that pic?????from P.P.

as Les wrote...(That's Anne by the way) it isn't him in the car :)

P.S. dosnt Les look like Leo Sayer in that pic?????from P.P.

ERm.. Thats Anne in the car... :rolleyes: The 'better' half... :P

Three years old and never had a hard top  :thumbsup:

Just used vynyl dressing regularly and it's still like new  :yes:

As far as cold weather goes, if it's raining--top up, any other time---------(that's Anne by the way)

snow.jpg

You could use that on xmas cards :thumbsup:

Feel cold looking at it.. :!Removed!:

erm ...didnt look properly thought he called the car ann........Yes jinxed received my documents yesterday and i am waiting for the plates to arrive monday ot tuesday....you will know when i get them coz i will start a thread on your behalf...called P.P.P.P.....ta for the idea P.P.

erm ...didnt  look properly thought he called the car ann........Yes jinxed received my documents yesterday and i am waiting for the plates to arrive monday ot tuesday....you will know when i get them coz i will start a thread on your behalf...called P.P.P.P.....ta for the idea  P.P.

Errr.. does Les' car look like Leo Sayer???

P.P. I'll get you a bigger shovel if you want.. the hole is getting bigger :lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I can't wait for the snow.. rear wheel drive, snow.. 1st time in too many years to count.. its gonna be a fun day in an empty carpark somewhere :lol:

......I thought les called his car anne........right.............and i thought he were driving ....hence Leo sayer...Didnt study pic ......only looked at car......sorry...P.P.P.P. (thats my new title)

......I thought les called his car anne........right.............and i thought  he were driving ....hence Leo sayer...Didnt study pic ......only looked at car......sorry...P.P.P.P.  (thats my new title)

The cars full title is "la SLAPA" but it's beter known as SLAPA ;)

slapa1.jpg

Not in a 2 but still have the option of a hard top...

As with Les I see no point in buying one as the roof is off all year round as long as it's not raining...

Use Renovo (scuse spelling) vynl treatment, just sponge it on when I clean the car and no problems yet...

Even made a new years day meet with the roof off last year :D

...wots your car you drive????cant quite make your pic out....went to salford Keys last sunday and a lovely afternnon,,it was very sunny and had roof down....P.P.

...just looked again its a mazda......you gettin the new one thats out now???

To Les...were are you on that circuit ...Groovy pic...when i get my plates this mon or tues i will post some new pix myself....tell us more bout that track were you at...P.P.

To Les...were are you on that circuit ...Groovy pic...when i get my plates this mon or tues i will post some new pix myself....tell us more bout that track were you at...P.P.

If you're on MSN or Yahoo messenger I'll send you a vid of some of my track action at Bruntingthorpe this year :thumbsup: (need to be broadband though 58mb :rolleyes: )

If you're on MSN or Yahoo messenger I'll send you a vid of some of my track action at Bruntingthorpe this year :thumbsup: (need to be broadband though 58mb :rolleyes: )

That's a great pic Les. :thumbsup:

That's a great pic Les. :thumbsup:

Cheers :thumbsup:

I was going so hard into the corner, not only did I lift the off side front wheel but I damn near lost my hair drier of the back shelf!!! :o :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links