Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto (ignition) Door Locking, This Procedure Worked.

prince

Has anybody tried this on a car with Touch & Go (keyless entry etc)? I was unlucky to install that function on my ride...

• 2 months later...

This procedure worked a treat on my 4.2 but since enabling it I've noticed that the seat belt buzzer no longer works. Anyone know if the two are linked?

• 1 month later...

Does this work on a 2013 Rav4 Icon 2.2AWD?

The ommission of this security feature in Rav 4's is puzzling, all of the Avensis models and Corolla's that we owned had it.

Toyota GB say it can be reconfigured from the owners handbook instructions but I can't find any page that refers to it.

Does this work on a 2013 Rav4 Icon 2.2AWD?

The ommission of this security feature in Rav 4's is puzzling, all of the Avensis models and Corolla's that we owned had it.

Toyota GB say it can be reconfigured from the owners handbook instructions but I can't find any page that refers to it.

No.

Welcome to the club.

Thanks,

Looks like a trip to the Toyota dealers then to get it reprogrammed and another drain on the finances :disgust:

Looks like another bit of duff info from Toyota GB customer support. This was the reply I got:

"With regards to your query, I have spoken to a technician from one of our Toyota Centres and he has told me the following answers to your question:

“Can you tell me why the doors do not automatically lock at 10mph anymore?"
You will need to reconfigure your RAV4 to do this. You can find out help to do this in your Toyota RAV4 Owner Manual.

Should you need help configuring your Toyota RAV4 automatic door lock, I would recommend you contact your local Toyota Centre, where one of our highly trained technicians would be more than happy to assist you further".

I can't see any reference to it in the owners manual and the latest Techdoc was released before the 4.4 model was launched. The other 'alf is going in to a dealers in a couple of days so she can double check. I'll post again if any success.

The wifey has been to the local dealers who put there magic box on to configure the door locking.

End result - the computer said no! The technician said it's not listed in the options for the 4.4.

Toyota GB says it is but... you have to pay them some more money.

Talk about confusing.

If you log in to techdoc site you can view the manual for about £3. It tells you in there.

I got a call from my local Toyota dealer yesterday and he confirmed that this option is not available on my 2011 Rav, but is definitely available on the 2013 models. It beats me why the omitted this function from a specific model, as I had the autolock function on my 2001 Rav and its now available on the 2013 Rav, what happened in between !!! It really pi**es me off when they do this !!

You can do it yourself. The US guys fit a pulse generator that locks the door when you put it in drive.

That's handy !!! where do I get one of those and is it easy to fit ?

I tried to find the thread earlier but its much easier when you are not looking for it! However, this solution is easier still. James has found a module that fits in the OBD plug just by the bonnet pull. It locks the doors at 12mph and costs a tenner.

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/1067202-post20.html

Cheers, I've placed an order for one of these.

Well.....could wan of youz please post a linky from whence said arrapatus can be procurated......?

Boab.....Kingo no well min......foaniz and I will explain min.

I sometimes wonder if you read the LR forum but answer on the RAV forum.

I was just browsing the link and I see they sell a window close kit for the Rav and a mirror fold kit but this is just for the Auris - will have to email and see if they do one for the Rav :)

Gus

This company does LOADS for the Toyota Rav4. If you just go to their website and search Rav4 and it will bring up everything they do for the Rav4.

Just be aware that for some items, they may not sell a single unit, sometimes it has to be 20, 100 or even higher.

I am very keen on the Auto Folding kit (only two wires to connect !!! sounds too good to be true). I ALWAYS fold my mirrors in no matter where I park my car, so for me anyway, it's a good option.

I did find a German company who also sell a Auto Folding Kit, see link below.

http://www.optimal-choice.com/RAV4_1

PS: My Plug and Go Auto lock switch is in transit to me already....hope it works !!

Has anyone received the door locking kit yet and tested it?

I emailed about the mirror folding kit and was advised that this is the one for the Rav 4 2012 model http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Car-original-Side-view-mirror-Folding-TOYOTA-COROLLA-CANBUS-OBD-Side-Rear-View-Mirror-Folding-Closer/701329_723069609.html

Might wait to hear how folks got on with the door locking kit and order one of each.

Gus

Expecting mine any day now. I'll let everyone how it goes. Very interested in the auto folding mirror kit, but like you, I want to see how the auto door lock works first.

Expecting mine any day now. I'll let everyone how it goes. Very interested in the auto folding mirror kit, but like you, I want to see how the auto door lock works first.

I'll come over and see it, you can't be far away :)

Gus

You are most welcome, only 1 minute from Junction 11 M4.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links