Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto (ignition) Door Locking, This Procedure Worked.

prince

Mine came yesterday but not tried it yet as I couldn't be bothered getting the car out of the garage. Might do today if I get home early enough and the weather is dry!

Got mine in the post today, wife is out in the car, so I will try it tonight and give you a update.

Got one ordered too .... How long has yours been on order ..... Did it ship from china

Took about 7 working days and that's from China. I ordered two, just in case the first one is faulty or looking at it another way, if its good I'll flog the other one on eBay.

Good grief......great minds link athike.......I ordered two too to be sure.......took me so long to log on that I asked for two to save a fellow member the same bother should it work ok.

Ok, I've had a wee drive around the village and it seems to work as advertised.

Plug it in, drive off and once the speedo reaches approx 10mph the doors lock. If you pull over to let someone out, if you unlock all doors with the master switch on the drivers door and someone gets out, drive off and they all lock again.

When you park and turn the ignition off, all the doors unlock.

If you pull over to let someone out and THEY unluck their own door and that door only is unlocked, drive off and the door (s) all lock again.

What I have noticed, is the hazard lights flash approx five times when someone gets out, but I see that as a good safety feature (i.e. letting other motorists know that something or someone is getting out of the car).

Tried to look for a negative and I suppose the only thing I could find is, if you pull over, unlock all the doors with the drivers door main switch and no one gets out, if you pull off, the doors do not lock, minor point I think, as someone nearly always gets out, especially when you unlock the doors.

Also, if one of the doors are not closed fully, the autolock will not kick in, which I suppose is a good thing, also, your door opening dash warning light should show you that a door is not fully closed.

Please note that I have just tested this over a short period of time and this is my first initial feedback.

To be honest, I cannot believe the functions that this gives me for the money I paid for it....well worth the money.

I am now going to look at their auto folding mirrors kit (if anyone buys one and fits it, please let me know how it goes).

Cheers

Bobby

Sounds great, will this work for a 2006 as says only for 2008 onwards?

I tried to order one earlier and the website kept putting me back to log in page when I ordered?!

Gavin.......when you order for first time, they send you a confirm email email, which lets you proceed after confirming thou art who thou claimeth to be. I kept trying and ended up with about 23 of the wee widgets in ma wishlist box fgs......

Good God! Anybody would think it's nearly Chrimbo!! Feeding frenzy or what?? :yes::rolleyes:

Just looked Kevin and no email !?

Could I buy your spare?

Already pre allocated, mate......any further probs, shout and ah will order ye wan now that account live. Computers ffs......

Did you guys who have received the units choose the free delivery option (China post) or pay for quicker delivery .?

I paid $14.38 for two and I just used the China Post option and it all arrived quickly.

I paid $14.38 for two and I just used the China Post option and it all arrived quickly.

Zatnot price for one, Oor Boab......? Either that or they made a mistake with yours, que....?

I checked my invoice and credit card details today and that's the price they charged, guess they undercharged me !!!

• Like 1

I reckon about $14 - I think it came out at about £9 and took the free delivery which was still quite quick.

Offer still stands, Gav min.........Ah could order it for ye.........see........even the Chinese know the credit record of my fellow Gaels.....!

Witheld......

Cheers Kev would really appreciate it as I have given up now?!

Thy will be done, as it is by Kevin.............quite profound, eh? PM me yer email Gavin and I shall forwardicate receipt when ordered.

Editation........now ordered Gavin......asked aboot delivery Walesshire........."velly bad kleddit lisk.......too busy talky and singy to pay bills......we rike send Grezga......ok?"

Beware Scotlanders phising emails...............$14 x 100........nice lil earner my son :D: :D: :D:

Off and running..................

Tested mine - all good and working. I personally would not be bothered about the hazard warning but it is OK.

Tried it in the Daihatsu and it didn't work!

Editation........now ordered Gavin......asked aboot delivery Walesshire........."velly bad kleddit lisk.......too busy talky and singy to pay bills......we rike send Grezga......ok?"

:lol: yoo is a sirri irriot Kevlar :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links