Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto (ignition) Door Locking, This Procedure Worked.

prince

On my old 2003 VW golf you could enable auto locking after 10 secs..also alarm chirp when arming,auto window lock, daytime lit dials or needles,and many other features .

This was done through the ECU by plugging a Vagtaco machine into the diagnostics port, and in the right hands it took 5mins.

You would have thought the tech wiz kids at Toyota would have been ahead of the Germans on this.

Another good security feature I had was an anti-hijack gizmo made by Clifford blackjax. You just keyed in your personal code to a hidden keypad..then if any door was opened, eg in the event of someone trying hijack your car at a supermarket,or your keys being stolen from the house,(the preferred method for car thieves these days) the car would drive but then the engine would cut out after your preset time interval which could be set anything from 10-60 secs and couldn't be restarted without the code.

It's only drawback was you had to remember to key in your 4 digit code every time the passenger door was opened.

Which took a bit of getting used to.

iirc it cost around £275 fitted.

Just got my gizmo from china for the auto door locking ....a bit delayed must have been held up at "Yorkshire Customs" ...... All works ok as others have said could live without the hazard flashing on door opening . But considering the price paid good bit of kit .

Good to hear, Neil min........got three on order......wan for me and two to sell to fellow members south of Gretna at great margins.

• 5 months later...

To all that has got one of theses auto door locking widgets fitted.

Are they still working reliably and not caused any problems to your rav?

I have had mine for months and it works a treat.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links