Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Totally Undecided What To Buy!

Jimlad

Which one?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What to buy??

• RX7
    • Evo3

Ok.... A few of you may know I'm looking to buy a Rx7 now that the mr2 is almost sold (received deposit).

The guy who is selling the evo 3 has now dropped the price considerably also!!... so now I'm not too sure what to get!!

Evo3 .... 4wd reliable 280bhp, 5seats....

Rx7 .... crazy rwd, 280bhp, unreliable.... lol

What to get... what to get!!!?!?!??! :unsure:

Evo (not exact one, but similar. My possible Evo doesn't have the stupid yellow fogs)

89_12_sb.JPG

RX7

561b4np.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimlad

• Leeky

• Roytoner

• jay dh

Top Posters In This Topic

EVO! Take a drive in any of them and you will fall in love! I been in one (cant drive yet) been rallied, on a track and on the road! Excelled in all of them! Its a car you can win track events in and rallys with ease! Immense cars! Awesome turbo sound! Also it wont need the engine rebuild every 100k! The newer rotary engines are better but the RX-7 running the old one has the problem with the tips blunting requiring that engine rebuild which sucks!

You seem to have already chosen EVO. Depends though still as you had Mr2 before so im guessing you like RWD? For me its the evo everytime!

Hummmm, there was once a time when i would have said Evo...

Unfortunately too many chavs now own them and unfortunately they are showing their limitations.

The FQ400's they produced have very reduced engine life's at that horsepower, where as the 3SGTE will still last forever at that power.

The RX7 i would say would be the way to go if it HAS to be one of the two.

The video that was posted up earlier this week shows the RX7 spanking the R34GTR, NSX and Evo round the track.

I'd also say that its the closest to the MR2 handling wise so you will probably be more at home with it :thumbsup:

Evo for handling and most accesible power (cross-country pace)

RX-7 for ultimate style.

Personally it'd be the Evo, but there are indeed too many scallys in them now... same with a lot of cars unfortunatley.

EVO! Take a drive in any of them and you will fall in love!

test drove one the other week... couldn't give it full whack on the twistys tho as it had snow tyres on!!... lol.

Seems like you are very taken with the Evo..... ;)

I'd say RX-7 myself but if you want the Evo so badly mate, just get it - its going to be YOUR car at the end of the day, so we can't really tell you what to buy!

You know I like the RX7 but at the price you told me I'd defo go for the Evo.

In the long run its gonna be a better car for you and I wont need to

worry everytime you leave Gala that i'm gonna get a call to tow you home cos the RX7 has broken down!! :D

Oh and did I mention the Rexy gets 8mpg on a good day??? :huh:

sod the both of them............

get a ................

supra_1.jpg

more power, more reliable, and more street cred.

job done.

baz hee hee :thumbsup:

Dude, with the accidents you had in the MR2, I'm not sure an RX7 or an Evo are the cars you want.

RX7 is a proper sports car, the Evo is a jumped up 4 door saloon.

The RX7 will have people who know about cars giving you a respecting nod. The Evo will have the kiddies knowing nothing about cars wetting themselves.

id like to throw the nsx into the equasion, as it has the greatness of the rx7 and the reliability of the evo

True, good car. But they are so overpriced if you ask me.

£15k upwards for a car that has a 0-60 and top speed which matches that of an st205... :no:

How about an ST205 Jim? 94 WRC will only set you back £4k, 255bhp stock (300bhp simple as abc), water injection and antilag as standard and the superb 4WD handling. Corners dont exist that this car cannot chew up and spit out, plus it'll spank most things (including Supras and RX7's) off the lights because of the sheer traction.

id like to throw the nsx into the equasion, as it has the greatness of the rx7 and the reliability of the evo

True, good car. But they are so overpriced if you ask me.

£15k upwards for a car that has a 0-60 and top speed which matches that of an st205... :no:

true although, whats rarer? whats more like the rx7 he wants? whats more special? i think the nsx for all, yes its pricier, but if in budget, its a stonking car and it includes all of the bits he wants from other cars, but at the premium

Indeed, i guess its the rareness and exclusiveness of the car that keeps the price up. And yeah it would meet Jims speciafications, but at £12k being the most cheapest ones out there i would say its quite a bit more than he was expecting to Shell out :(

NSX? 12k would get you a "not so nice one" .. you need 20k to get a good one.

Indeed, i guess its the rareness and exclusiveness of the car that keeps the price up. And yeah it would meet Jims speciafications, but at £12k being the most cheapest ones out there i would say its quite a bit more than he was expecting to shell out :(

tushay, i would be interested in jims opinion of the car still, even if out of budget

NSX.... yeah... decent car and tbh I've never seen one on the road in real life. Proper Jap sports car in my opinion.

It is out of my budget tho, and even if it wasn't I think I would rather spend the money on something else..... R33GTR V spec??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links