Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Northern Ring Trip Posse

jaxx

Boys and girls...

just a topic to generalise the meeting times for jumping on the ship

On Wednesday the 12th of April we are to board the ship at 17:00 so i propose we are at the docks ready for 16:00, this will get us to the front of the que and first onto the boat... and thus into the bar :P doesnt matter about hanging around, as long as were there

before hand we will be meeting up FOR 15:00 at Humber Bridge Country Park near Hessle -Mappage-

here we can gather everyone up and have a quick chin wag before setting off for the dock in convoy, which is roughly a 15 minute drive.

can i also ask anyone with sat nav to pop a post here, as for the convoy i want to try and get sat nav cars with a couple of other cars together, as soon as we leave the ferry we hit the town. and theres a few sets of traffic lights dotted round, so as a counter measure to stop anyone being left behind, sat nav will be dotted through the convoy.

as soon as we hit the autobahns though, its steady bombing all the way to germany, well be taking it sweet, no need to rush as we hit the continent at 8am so loads of time to get there and settled at the hotel (all being well should nail it nicely for lunch time :D )

also can anyone on the convoy please PM me your mobile numbers (ensure youve got international roaming set up) just as another counter measure if somebody ends in Poland by mistake ;)

ta folks.... not long now :D

current northern crew

Rob

Tegan

Zee

Alan

Kevin H +1

Rob's Mate +1

Rob (Envy) +2

Gaz

Jarrow Massive

Stu +1

Sean H +1

Chris Canavan

Earpl

Mr Bump

Chyownster

Edited by Ken

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stu8

• jaxx

• SeanH

• Chyownster

Top Posters In This Topic

You right theres not long to go now, so i'd better get me skates and get the car running. :eek:

I take it Humber Bridge Country Park is the same place we met the Jarrow Massive group last year?

Got no probs meeting you there for 15:00hrs with Sean. :thumbsup:

Also are we driving straight to Hotel (no de-tours planned this year?) :driving:

Oh and I "should" have one of those Tom Tom gadgets by the time where going. :boat:

See you there

stu. :cheers:

:bye:

yes stu, same place as last year in that big car park, an no itll be direct to hotel this year :)

just make sure you have euro maps for the tomtom :) :P

see ya there stu

Hang on - this means me!

That certainly sounds like a plan to me (although I have only the sketchiest ideas of the Hull environs).

Have satnav and I'll PM you my phone number in a sec :thumbsup:

Alan

Sound's fine by me Rob but i'd pull over for lunch near the Belgium/German border at somewhere like Verviers which is strangly close to Spa :eat::pepsi::driving::clap:

Can't check in till 3pm btw so you'll have to lose some time somewhere :yes:

For the satnav's the hotel's addy is-

Julius-Wegeler-Strasse 6, Koblenz, Rhineland-Palatinate 56068, Germany

(56068 is the postcode for those that are unsure) :thumbsup:

right ho ken good thinking, ill check out a point where we can stop in the mean time

thanks for the no.s so far, ill return mine shortly

Supplemental...

Not that I'm paranoid or anything (:rolleyes:), but can I just check that the day we're talking about is Wednesday 12th April?

I just have to cross-check :ph34r:

A

yes al on wednesday, if you want to get there a day early then fine by me, but rather that than a day late :P

mite be on the cards mate... was chatting to ken and we cant check in till 3pm at the hotel, if we make good time well nail it for 12ish so well be hanging round...

oooorrrrrr...... we can take an 8 mile (or so) detour) and drop off at spa for a bite, if we can find somewhere that is

If you lot play on the Spa I might get to the Hotel about the same time! I'm towing so it'll probably be best if I go directly to the hotel. I wont be going over 60mph!

I'll send you my number now Jaxx.

If you lot play on the Spa I might get to the Hotel about the same time! I'm towing so it'll probably be best if I go directly to the hotel. I wont be going over 60mph!

I'll send you my number now Jaxx.

Get off the ferry at 8am, 238 miles to Koblenz, you need to slow down to 35mph :P :lol:

am i the only one without sat nav? might have to purchase one - are we taking walkie talkies again? and extra batteries (stu & sean!!) :rolleyes::lol:

Sean i've already given Jaxx your No.

are we taking walkie talkies again? and extra batteries (stu & sean!!) :rolleyes::lol:
:!Removed!: What can I say: It was a long drive on my tod....... hang on thats leading to a different story. :lol:
Get off the ferry at 8am, 238 miles to Koblenz, you need to slow down to 35mph :P :lol:
That's how fast he drives that thing, he's turning in to a right Sunday Driver. :wheelchair::lol:

its been suggested everyone buys talkies (pairs buy and share them) then all tune into the same frequancy, can pick them up for about 20quid for a pair, so a tenner each

That's how fast he drives that thing, he's turning in to a right Sunday Driver. :wheelchair::lol:

So why did you scream like a girl when I was drifting round that roundabout while towing your car to congleton?

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

God damn moron at work booked a conference for the same day as Ring Trip Convoy.

Doesnt finish till 3 and its at Haydock Park. Looks like a bit of organising needs to be done!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links