Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Subforum - Yaris Mk2

Caz SR

Subforum - Yaris MK2  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think there should be one?

• Yes
    • No

Ok - DaveSR mentioned it a while back, but I think it would be cool to have a subforum for the MK2 in a while... so we're ready to welcome all the new Yaris owners. I actually think it's a bit more worthwhile than just having a T-Sport subforum considering it's a different car.

Anyone agree?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Demonic Angel

• Woody27

• DaveSR

• Al J

Yeah i was for this before when it was mentioned! i remember certain peeps not being up for it saying it was like discrimination :wacko: but i tried to explain it would be useful for them to find answers to there questions specific to the MKII and how we (and also from there point of view) may not care much about the other models and so would be half a forum we didnt want to read if it wasnt subforumed. Just a point seeing as its soo different so not like i go reading the MR2 section when i dont own one as doesn't interest me. Besides if they want to talk in the other section they're more than welcome so its hardly a barrier more a location of information.

Yeah... new subforum... keep the horrid crap away from this nice forum!! :lol:

They can have the phase 2 Yarii too!! :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry Caz - I think its a daft idea (I said the same to Dave too! lol)

I was also against the T-Sport forum too - I dont believe people should be segregated based on what car they buy. Its like herding sheep in all honesty and I'd rather mingle with MK2 owners, let them share their car experiences and knowledge with the rest of us rather than stick them somewhere in isolation....

Remember aswell, some of these people will be new members and its a really poor show to just say "You're not allowed to post in a Yaris forum, go post in your own sub-forum" Its the same car, just a different look and if all of TOC was put into subforums for marks the place would be incredibly messy

Its still a Yaris, we should all stick together, especially in the first year or so, there wont be many members with MK2's to run a successful sub-forum, itd different with T-Sport as there are more members that own a T-Sport than any other model Yaris, but to do it for a handful of people....?

So a big fat NO from me! :thumbsup:

You may be right about waiting a while before starting it but if they come along at the moment they may feel its a MKI forum only anyway as there will be no one in here with them to start really. Therefore giving them a marked forum will show they are welcome to discuss the new car. Also they are very different cars really with only one of the engines being identical? Also its not isolation at all. Just like the Tsport section your free to talk in there and in the main anyway. Its noway seperating them for a negative reason. It just means if they have a specific MKII question, they can ask in there subforum but if they have a general yari question they can ask in main! Same as with Tsport forum.

Therefore giving them a marked forum will show they are welcome to discuss the new car.

I disagree - they are welcome to discuss their new car in the main Yaris forum - segregating people is never the answer....

New member joins up and find they have a Mk2 forum - first of all, there will be not many people using it, second of all, this is meant to be a friendly and inviting forum - if I were the one joining, I wouldnt find that particularly friendly or inviting to be told to bugger off... because thats what it'll be like, someone will post and be rudely told "Post in your own forum", and dont tell me it wont happen, I've been here long enough to know what its like, some people on here are too rude and too up themselves when it comes to new members as it is, we should be welcoming people, they are Yaris owners, just like us at the end of the day!

I just think its a totally bad idea - its the same car, there isnt forums for Mk1, Mk2, Mk3 MR2 nor Mks 1-7 Celica (bar Sport etc etc), why should Yaris be any different? We should all be able to share our cars with each other, not shove them in a seperate place just because "99% of the forum hates the new Yaris" which quite frankly, is what it sounds like!

Fair dos if it was called a different name, but its not, its still a Yaris, and therefore another forum is wholly inapropriate, especially bearing in mind the car has only been released for 2 months!

Maybe in like a year or so, when there are more Mk2s about, it can be considered as there will be more members that own them and therefore enough to run a successful sub-forum, but not 2 months after launch - I think we only have one member who has one and maybe a couple on the way - so say 3-4 people in their own forum, hardly a big enough reason to warrant a sub-forum!

I'm not bothered either way...

but do we have any Mk2 Yaris owners on the site?

it seems a lot of people just surf specific forums, rather than use 'new posts' button - so in this case, if we have 1 Mk2 owner, then its going to be an empty forum...

It's your call of course, but i think unless there are a lot of owners and a demand, it seems unessacery....

Sorry Caz - I think its a daft idea (I said the same to Dave too! lol)

I was also against the T-Sport forum too - I dont believe people should be segregated based on what car they buy. Its like herding sheep in all honesty and I'd rather mingle with MK2 owners, let them share their car experiences and knowledge with the rest of us rather than stick them somewhere in isolation....

Remember aswell, some of these people will be new members and its a really poor show to just say "You're not allowed to post in a Yaris forum, go post in your own sub-forum" Its the same car, just a different look and if all of TOC was put into subforums for marks the place would be incredibly messy

Its still a Yaris, we should all stick together, especially in the first year or so, there wont be many members with MK2's to run a successful sub-forum, itd different with T-Sport as there are more members that own a T-Sport than any other model Yaris, but to do it for a handful of people....?

So a big fat NO from me! :thumbsup:

:yes: I agree

Well im here guys ;)

:lol::lol:

Along the same sort of lines as Mr Fidgit here ..... I say lets see how it goes for a bit

And kinda Em too!

Curently there's hardly any owners and I guess the ones that are aren't going to want to modify (But I could be wrong)

I think there should be a seprate subforum but not just now :thumbsup:

I just think its a totally bad idea - its the same car, there isnt forums for Mk1, Mk2, Mk3 MR2 nor Mks 1-7 Celica (bar Sport etc etc), why should Yaris be any different?

Sorry to start picking about what you have said Em - I hate it when people do it

But maybe some mods could answer my question?

Surely the Yaris forum is the most popular bit on TOC (apart from general)? Could I be right in saying most members on TOC are yaris owners?

Therefore the yaris section deals with alot more posts than other forums such as the Celica etc (thats just because we can't afford fancy cars :lol: )

Okay there isn't 7 different versions of the yaris, but as we can see currently there are alot of post being repeated.

The problem will be when MKII owners use the search to look for how to fit a new HU and get 35 pages relating to the MKI yaris and one related to the MKII which is at the end as it is the least looked at post.

Maybe in the MR2 threads, the people have created them and listed them as HU fitting for MR2 'whatever'? which would be easier to find your certain model

Maybe the mods could list all threads as MKI ........ haha :lol:

I can see both arguements - to be honest I didn't like the idea of separating forums either (as Em) but my point is that if this is how 'Yaris' is going to continue being set up then it seems daft to have a separate subforum for the TS variant and not the MKII considering it is a different Yaris :thumbsup:

As I said - it wouldn't be for a while yet but thought it would be useful to get peeps opinions ;)

I'd actually be quite happy if it went back to the way it was!! :laughing:

I just think its a totally bad idea - its the same car, there isnt forums for Mk1, Mk2, Mk3 MR2 nor Mks 1-7 Celica (bar Sport etc etc), why should Yaris be any different?

Sorry to start picking about what you have said Em - I hate it when people do it

But maybe some mods could answer my question?

Surely the Yaris forum is the most popular bit on TOC (apart from general)? Could I be right in saying most members on TOC are yaris owners?

Therefore the yaris section deals with alot more posts than other forums such as the Celica etc (thats just because we can't afford fancy cars :lol: )

Okay there isn't 7 different versions of the yaris, but as we can see currently there are alot of post being repeated.

The problem will be when MKII owners use the search to look for how to fit a new HU and get 35 pages relating to the MKI yaris and one related to the MKII which is at the end as it is the least looked at post.

Maybe in the MR2 threads, the people have created them and listed them as HU fitting for MR2 'whatever'? which would be easier to find your certain model

Maybe the mods could list all threads as MKI ........ haha :lol:

There are a lot of Yaris owners, thats true - and quite possibly more than most other makes, I'm not sure of the numbers myself....

My main point on this, as Ian also stated, is there will not be enough people to create a sub-forum anyway at this point in time, so regardless of this, people will have to ask Mk1 owners questions.... now I'm not technically minded in any way, but surely once you've fitted one HU, you've fitted them all and it cant be very difficult to guide a MK2 owner in the right direction. Heck, even I'd be willing to give it a go.... :lol:

Now if I'm willing to try to help and support these people with their new cars, and I know jack about modding, surely it wont hurt for the rest of us! We need to support these people, not shove them in an empty forum! :yes:

And stop picking at things I say Dave.... :lol:

^^^ Wot she said :yes:

A

well i agree with having a sub forum for the MK2 owners buti think we should wait about 6-12 months before doing so till b ehave got some more members

bad idea, but i do agree the TS area is best kept aside as more tuning is catered for the TS and so far this is helping normal and tuning threads to stay appart

ive seen a system on IMOC where people in the thread title put

[Mk2 Turbo] Best oil...

or in case of yaris

[Mk1 P1] Wheel fitments?

[Mk1 P2] Why do my headlamps look weird?

and so on....

only means one forum, but you can instantly see the type of car they require answers for, so you can steer clear if need be???

just a thought

Much prefer Rob's idea compared to having a separate sub-forum for the MK2, but if it did happen that the MK2's did get really big amounts of members then it might be a different story :yes:

Although having one with a few more members would be more feasible... I'm still against the idea....

It just sounds to me like some people would rather not have to mingle with Mk2 owners, for whatever reason (most probably down to the fact that they dont like the New Yaris) - thats a crap reason!

If it came to it, I for one would be incredibly disappointed that in this modern day, two marks of the same car cannot be as one together and have to be seperated.... just because they are different....

Its the modern day guys - lets treat it like the modern day! :thumbsup:

Although having one with a few more members would be more feasible... I'm still against the idea....

Ohwell ...... 7 - 5

We win, it's what the people want - no more arguing :P

;)

Ohwell ...... 7 - 5

We win, it's what the people want - no more arguing :P

;)

Errr ok

First of all you agree with me and then you dont.... make up your mind! :lol:

And I really dont care, its a democracy, but its an awful idea and like I say, I'll be very disappointed if it goes ahead and I really feel for these future Mk2 owners in all honesty

And by the way, I think you'll find that in the responses, the no's beat the yes's so :P :lol:

bad idea, but i do agree the TS area is best kept aside as more tuning is catered for the TS and so far this is helping normal and tuning threads to stay appart

ive seen a system on IMOC where people in the thread title put

[Mk2 Turbo] Best oil...

or in case of yaris

[Mk1 P1] Wheel fitments?

[Mk1 P2] Why do my headlamps look weird?

and so on....

only means one forum, but you can instantly see the type of car they require answers for, so you can steer clear if need be???

just a thought

I pity the moderators who would have to enforce that... Try explaining to an average yaris owner that their car is Mk1 P2 and they will run a mile from the forum...

IMO A Mk2 forum is more suitable sub forum than T-Sport forum as it is eseentialy a totally different car.

Tuning threads are distinguishable from others by reading the topic!

IMO A Mk2 forum is more suitable sub forum than T-Sport forum

Yeah, it's a better idea than having a TS subforum, does that make it a good idea though? Not imo

Yeah... new subforum... keep the horrid crap away from this nice forum!! :lol:

They can have the phase 2 Yarii too!! :lol::lol::lol:

Some people are just old before their time. :rolleyes: :P

I agree. It's going to be a pain for a MkII owner to search for something that is MkII specific amongst all the P1 P2 info. If they have a more general problem, then they could post in the main Yaris forum. :yes:

As one of the two mods for the new Yaris (yeah, I know! :rolleyes: ) forum on Echofans, I know that some of the new owners aren't even that keen when owners of the older Yaris, Echo hatch and sedans, post. Not because of elitism but because they complain about something on their new car and get "Should have got the old model then!" or "mine's faster" from some members.

Having a subforum doesn't preclude anyone from the other forums anyway. I've even visited MR2, etc. before now just to say how much I like someone's car pics. :thumbsup:

No it doesnt and I understand what you're saying Al.... but you get snotty people on any forum.... my point is that Mk2 owners could post on the general Yaris forum - and we all know they'll promptly be told to "bugger off to your own forum" and "we dont want your sort here" type of attitudes that are oh-so common on the Yaris forum.... :rolleyes:

It shouldn't happen, but it does - I mean look at the whole P1/P2 stuff - and that is quite literally the same car!

I just feel that these people are going to have a rough time, sub-forum or no sub-forum.... but at least without a sub-forum, they can feel more part of the Yaris community.... :thumbsup:

It shouldn't happen, but it does - I mean look at the whole P1/P2 stuff - and that is quite literally the same car!

I agree that there should be a new forum but i also said wait a while so i agree partly with both sides. However with your point saying that they would be told to go to there own forum, i think your last post shoots that in the foot. You have said they would be made outsiders but said P1/P2 have the same thing going on WITHOUT the subforum proving a subforum makes no difference :wacko: Also we dont tell Tsport owners not to talk in the main bit :wacko: But when they have a question SPECIFIC to Tsports they seem quite happy to ask in there section to get relevant answers.

Like i said though i'm not for it at this moment in time but i AM for it in the future.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links