Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

South East Meet

SMW

SE MEET  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which County ?

• Beds
    • Bucks
    • Essex
    • Herts
    • Kent
    • London
    • Middx
    • Surrey
    • Berks

Jerry and I are looking into arranging a possible SE meet.

Early days but thought we would start by finding out peoples preferred location.

:thumbsup:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Caz SR

• SMW

• Blue84

• jerry phipps

Top Posters In This Topic

Man that was a cold day. But yeah it was a good turnout wasn't it ;)

jerry!!

I voted Berks because quite a few of us in/around Reading would probably be up for coming along. Easy access via M4 / M40 too :thumbsup:

come on any more peeps interested :eek:

jerry!!

Basic plan will be a nice big meet with maybe something to eat / drink and a good old chat and nose around each others cars. Depending on venue might also be able to get an activity as part of the meet.

Everyone welcome from standard to the highly modified.

Will ensure proposed dates do not clash with any planned events / meets.

what about sussex? is that not south east

what about sussex? is that not south east

Well Yes and Hampshire as well but was trying to keep it a bit more closer to London, gotta draw the line somewhere !

How about somewhere with good photo oppertunities?

Like Windsor Castle .. Thames River .. you know .. good backdrops for clean cars :)

How about somewhere with good photo oppertunities?

Like Windsor Castle .. Thames River .. you know .. good backdrops for clean cars :)

Good idea Ben - but I don't think we'll find it very easy getting parking space for all the cars :( Unless you know of somewhere maybe? From what I remember it's a nightmare. Unless we go towards the great park way but then nothing else much to do apart from admire the scenery... Windsor TC is a bit of a rabbit warren and quite busy at weekends.

Just two ideas .. I think it'd be better than an industrial estate carpark ..

Just two ideas .. I think it'd be better than an industrial estate carpark ..

Yeah of course and I like your thinking on this - just asking if you knew where we could park and take piccies as I seem to remember Windsor being uber busy at weekends with limited 'nice' parking/photo ops? ;)

I would suggest Henley way, but I have the feeling it'll be much the same story... Newbury? Anything there? I know the pubs are quite nice.

All depends if Berks wins the vote of course :)

Maybe we all gatecrash Silverstone .. if enough of us arrive we can hijack the track :)

Maybe we all gatecrash Silverstone .. if enough of us arrive we can hijack the track :)

Hehehe wishful thinking... isn't that Northamptonshire though? :unsure::lol:

Few idea's

Prospect Park - Reading (Will hold approx 50-60 cars in the car park)

Greenham Common - Newbury/Aldermaston (Will hold approx 50-60 cars in the car park)

The Riverside Park on Meadow Road - Henley On Thames (Will hold approx 50-60 cars in the car park)

Windsor Great Park - Windsor (good for 50+ cars)

British Aerospace - Farnborough (unsure about capacity)

Areas near RAF Base - Aldershot (unsure about capacity)

All big open spaces and should all be suitable (will probabaly have to clear it with the last two before doing it)

:thumbsup:

Windsor Great Park - Windsor (good for 50+ cars)

Yep! Sounds nice.

Now those could be interesting places. Plus Farnborough has the Monkey Puzzle Pub/Premier Travel Inn - excellent parking capacity, good grub and it has a beer garden & large restaurant area! :thumbsup:

Now those could be interesting places. Plus Farnborough has the Monkey Puzzle Pub/Premier Travel Inn - excellent parking capacity, good grub and it has a beer garden & large restaurant area! :thumbsup:

Should be ok, we'll have to contact them and clear it but i dont see why they wouldnt let us meet up at their car park on a weekend.

Will have all the runways, hangers and planes in the background - should be good for the camera :)

Should be ok, we'll have to contact them and clear it but i dont see why they wouldnt let us meet up at their car park on a weekend.

Will have all the runways, hangers and planes in the background - should be good for the camera :)

Yep! I'm liking that thought!! :clap:

Oooops... sorry, I'm taking over from the organisers... back to SMW & Jerry Phipps... :unsure::lol:

Great - thanks for the interest and suggestions.

I don't know the areas you are talking about too well so may well need (a lot) of help if it goes that way. My brother in law lives in Thorpe which is a nice area but no meet locations spring to mind.

Keep ideas and votes coming :thumbsup:

I like the idea of Windsor Great Park - plenty of car parking and loads of places to eat and drink.

Also people might be prepared to travel a bit further to the meet if they could combine it with another outing such as nearby Thorpe Park, Legoland or of course the castle.

Thoughts ?

windosr great park will be hell, they will move us on so quicky it will be a joke, windsor has had big probles with cruises, ppl have died at the old windsor cruise, so whenever they see a collection of cars out come the police from slough to move ppl on

windosr great park will be hell, they will move us on so quicky it will be a joke, windsor has had big probles with cruises, ppl have died at the old windsor cruise, so whenever they see a collection of cars out come the police from slough to move ppl on

Well i guess thats out of the question then. We dont want to upset the local bobby

jerry!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links