Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Top Speed

T Sport 1978

Hi all,

Not to condone illegal speeding here, but was wondering has any of you managed to reach the quoted 140 mph in your STOCK Corolla T Sport.

In a safe environment i have tried to reach this speed but i have to say that i was no where near it... Or maybe i just chickened out...

Inputs will be appreciated.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aygo vvti

• Zuban

• bert.tsport

• wilber

fastest i've been is 115mph. The car was still pulling at that speed but I started to worry about my liencese and then chickend out!

ive had 135mph , you have to red line in 5th to achieve this though.

not on a public road of course, that would be dangerous..... :thumbsup:

I got 125 out of myn down in just under 1mile on my very own personal runway!!! ;) i had a astra coup 2.2 trying its very hardest to keep up and dare i say it was a complete waste of petrol for him. i could have gone more but had to hammer the brakes before i ran out of runway.

lol its easy to get 138 out of it but to get the 140 u need to get it on a perfect flat or down hill and nearly red line it in 6th keep on tryin tho! iv had 140 out it once but its good for 135 all day

I got 125 out of myn down in just under 1mile on my very own personal runway!!! ;) i had a astra coup 2.2 trying its very hardest to keep up and dare i say it was a complete waste of petrol for him. i could have gone more but had to hammer the brakes before i ran out of runway.

on a old air field were i live near i managed the clock, 150 mph

So you have to hit the lift in 5th in order to really go all the way?

I hit 120 in 6th just about touching 6000 rpm (just before the lift) and it wasn't really willing to go any further... So. the trick is to go all the way in 5th... um interesting.

That would be in the compressor i take it? 150 doesnt surprise me at all. i test drove one of these the other day and yeah, a big speed hike from my TS 190.

2.2 Turbo Astra? My mate has one of these and it was quick. Am surprised our TS held one of those off. Good work anyway mate! :thumbsup:

I hit 120 in 6th just about touching 6000 rpm (just before the lift) and it wasn't really willing to go any further... So. the trick is to go all the way in 5th... um interesting.

That would be in the compressor i take it? 150 doesnt surprise me at all. i test drove one of these the other day and yeah, a big speed hike from my TS 190.

2.2 Turbo Astra? My mate has one of these and it was quick. Am surprised our TS held one of those off. Good work anyway mate! :thumbsup:

Cheers m8.

No the astra turbos are 2.0. turbo 200bhp. Then theres the 1.8 and 2.2 N/A models.

His was the latter (belongs to my m8).

Not too surprising. 6th's an overdrive gear.

You'll get top speed out of 5th (assuming level road and no tail wind)

l had 130 out of her, and she still had a lot more to give ! But l just ran out of road ;)

yeh she sits at 120 nicely but like mlost of u havent got a really safe place to do anymore , but got my friends hen doo at santa pod in may so will be testing her up the stip but she'll have her air filter on by then so wont be completely stock , but as she's already got the tte zorst ill never find out what she does stock wise !

14.04.2006 , not to say yesterday

all speeds on straight line (and legal) and my speedo is only "lying" a little bit : 200kph is effective 198kph

Flipping heck... How often do you take her up there???

Does she feel stable at that speed?

does anyone feel an ever so slight judder at that speed??? Say beyond 120?

How often do you take her up there???

at 240kph not so often , you need a long distance ;)

210-230kph ... always :D

Does she feel stable at that speed?

yep , in case of my CTS

but I wouldn't do it in an unlowered CTS ! High-speed : yes , but you shouldn't brake anymore at this speed or the rear becomes instable :( (I know what I'm talking about. Once I havn't got the the suspension kit installed I brake rapidly from 200kph down to 100 ... and it wasn't very trustworthy)

I was past 5th gear and into 6th redlining it on a couple of occasions whilst stock, once modified i nearly hit the limiter in 6th, but the biker infront decided to slacken off :D

I can't see a stock T Sport getting 140MPH... hills or no hills.... mine hit 135MPH on the rollers a few weeks back (with induction kit) :huh:

I can't see a stock T Sport getting 140MPH... hills or no hills.... mine hit 135MPH on the rollers a few weeks back (with induction kit) :huh:

theres no tailwind on the rollers, and downhill does help????? gravity? :thumbsup:

My T-Sport has hit 140, not tried the Nos at these speeds, be interesting to see if I could get any more top end with it. Also my apexi i-moni recoreded 8410rpm, so theres a few exra revs in the higher gears??

blink.gif and where does that put us against a civic tr ??? left for dust or keep up? shutup.gif
-

l has a race with a Civic Type-R up to 130 and we were neck and neck all the way!!!

So the Civic drivers can kiss my teeth - :thumbsup:

:blink: and where does that put us against a civic tr ??? left for dust or keep up? :!Removed!:

Stock i never had much luck against them, there just that bit more focused, doenst mean its a better car though, once modded, (intake/backbox/removed backseats, coilovers) i used to overtake them on the outside of roundabouts and leave em behind, none of the ctr's i went up against were standard.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links