Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Top Speed

T Sport 1978

T128 - Are you sure its not just the TC, when u lose traction u get the whole christmass tree effect. When the car starts traveling in a sidways direction the VSC (and beeping) cuts in.

it could be just the TC i dont know.

what i did was i put me foot down in second gear hitting the lift on a big round about , the car when all out of shape and vsc come on and took over but no beeping :o , maybe it needed to be in a much more extreme condidtion for this to happen,but i cant be bother trying anymore the car is getting old best drive it normaly.

the cts are faster than 8.4 i have no doult about that, but we'll never beat a ctr standard VS standard unless we can land on the lift 1-2 gears,is no secret the cts hit power earlier than cts this is why the cts will always hang on the back of a ctr in a race,so the first mods you should do on a cts is a power fc all the other mods are waste of time and money untill you sort this out.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aygo vvti

• Zuban

• bert.tsport

• wilber

T128 - Are you sure its not just the TC, when u lose traction u get the whole christmass tree effect. When the car starts traveling in a sidways direction the VSC (and beeping) cuts in.

it could be just the TC i dont know.

what i did was i put me foot down in second gear hitting the lift on a big round about , the car when all out of shape and vsc come on and took over but no beeping :o , maybe it needed to be in a much more extreme condidtion for this to happen,but i cant be bother trying anymore the car is getting old best drive it normaly.

the cts are faster than 8.4 i have no doult about that, but we'll never beat a ctr standard VS standard unless we can land on the lift 1-2 gears,is no secret the cts hit power earlier than cts this is why the cts will always hang on the back of a ctr in a race,so the first mods you should do on a cts is a power fc all the other mods are waste of time and money untill you sort this out.

when the car can correct or is correcting a slide the light flashes, :thumbsup: if you have gone to far and the car cannot correct the slide, the lights and buzzer goes. telling you " oh s**t your on your own" :rolleyes:

i think a day at santa pod has gotta be on the cards... we can see what the cts can really do then. :thumbsup:

i think a day at santa pod has gotta be on the cards... we can see what the cts can really do then. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: get practising catching life 1st-2nd and enjoy a low 6 second 0-60 time :D

:blink: and where does that put us against a civic tr ??? left for dust or keep up? :!Removed!:

Stock i never had much luck against them, there just that bit more focused, doenst mean its a better car though, once modded, (intake/backbox/removed backseats, coilovers) i used to overtake them on the outside of roundabouts and leave em behind, none of the ctr's i went up against were standard.

Blimey boys and girls.... This is turning out to be a HOT HOT HOT topic. All you speed freaks enjoy your CTS, CTR, HOT DAEWOO, SUPER AYGO or whatever it is, but just watch that precious license of yours!

I have heeded advice and did 130+ in 5th... and i know it will hit 140 no problem. :thumbsup:

Interesting though, being a close ratio box i wouldn't have thought that 6th can't be used to reach 140. Saying that i need to have enough balls to actually try after red-lining on 5th.

On the subject of racing CTRs, it is a lot closer to what people who don't drive neither of these cars imagines. Which brings me to the point of the published 0-60 stats of the CTS. It quotes 8.4sec for this, but i am sure it is faster than that.

the quoted 0-60 by the factory are very diplomatic if they say 8.4 secs the car is good for 7.2 or 7.5 ! i dont understand why maybe for insurance group reason???

:thumbsup: get practising catching life 1st-2nd and enjoy a low 6 second 0-60 time :D

im well practised... i just love 1st to 4th , keeping it in the lift... ive had my cts 15 mths and i still get the grin factor... :thumbsup:

I got a top speed of 138-140, i wasn't really looking at the speedo as i was concentrating on the road, i also had 3 other people in the car... I was pleased with the cars performance.

I had a little race with a ctr yesterday, he was in front of me by 3 cars lenght and couldnt lose me, so me happy wit that cos he set of b4 me...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

All this talk of full throttle and speed, dont you guys just get a little concerned about racing in this day and age.

I've gone from a TS to a compressor and ive had my fair share of races here and there. Some fun had with a supra, modded celica, civic and slightly embarrased by an audi RS6, i clocked the compressor at just over 5 seconds and that thing beat me and it roars like hell. Most fun found racing against the young pug drivers etc. I've even had some fun with motorbikes. The compressor is a caged beast, the VSC lights show up as malfunctioning when your crawling through long traffic jams. You have to thrash the engine to cure the problem. I've had the traction control bulb go on me. I've never had the pleasure of testing it on air strips etc but i've hit about 120 on the motorway whilst ****** on a stupid X5 driver who tail gated the ubik out of me.

But thats the problem, in this day and age speeding is no longer the done thing for me. Each time i've ripped up the compressor i feel dissapointed with myself afterwards. It makes it too easy to break the law. I'm growing up now sadly and rely on my license for work and family commitments.

I have a couple of friends that have thrown down their keys to m3 evo, yamaha r1 and an old m5. Im swapping in this summer for a toss up between a rav4 D-CAT or an avensis D-CAT when i can test drive it.

I've had tonnes of fun and i hope you all do too but be safe and 1 thing i recommend is never waste petrol and idiots in saxo's with large exhausts and 3 inch's off the ground, those numpties like the cain it from the start line and its a waste of clutch wear because they have no chance. DO put Golf TDI drivers in their place. such an incredibly beautiful personTS.

I hit 200 MPH, although its not a standard tsport as I put a ford gt engine in ....

:lol: Kidding

Well last weekend i had a brief blast with a ctr and a longer one with a clio182.

The ctr was from 30mph upwards, i was surprised there was absolutely nothing in it.

My friend has a 182 and we had a 60 trip home and 60mile return a couple days later. Again really not much in it, standing starts or off r/a's (but i dare say it we started getting near the cornering limits he would start to pull away, due to rock solid suspension). Great fun though!! :) :D :) :D

I got 125 out of myn down in just under 1mile on my very own personal runway!!! ;) i had a astra coup 2.2 trying its very hardest to keep up and dare i say it was a complete waste of petrol for him. i could have gone more but had to hammer the brakes before i ran out of runway.

on a old air field were i live near i managed the clock, 150 mph

hi fellow compressor owner not many of us about what an awesome car we drive.hey i notice you fitted a typhoon kit on yours just took it of mine cause of the noise from supercharger whining doesnt that bother you or have you overcome the noise factor. :D :D :D

I got 125 out of myn down in just under 1mile on my very own personal runway!!! ;) i had a astra coup 2.2 trying its very hardest to keep up and dare i say it was a complete waste of petrol for him. i could have gone more but had to hammer the brakes before i ran out of runway.

hi fellow compressor owner not many of us about what an awesome car we drive.hey i notice you fitted a typhoon kit on yours just took it of mine cause of the noise from supercharger whining doesnt that bother you or have you overcome the noise factor. :D :D :D

no the noise is great i use to have a cooper s works so im use to the whine from the s/c.

mines inncreadable with the typhoon and the powerflow back box on it.

had it rolling roaded at 225bhp there abouts.

the only thing i hate about the car is the brakes i find brake fade is terrible dont you?

mines up for grabs on eBay at the moment.

no the noise is great i use to have a cooper s works so im use to the whine from the s/c.

the only thing i hate about the car is the brakes i find brake fade is terrible dont you?

I fancied a punt at 9k but someone outbid me :crybaby: !

I'm guessing the reserve is quite a bit higher too...

What car you gonna get next?

I fancied a punt at 9k but someone outbid me :crybaby: !

I'm guessing the reserve is quite a bit higher too...

What car you gonna get next?

the only real reason im selling it is because ive just turned 20 and my insurance is 2k fc and its abit on the pricey side for me.

getting myself a nice little starlet glanza v :thumbsup:

• 9 months later...

I have reached the 140 barrier but it did struggle to get there. This was on straight not far away from me which is flat and i screwed the nuts out of it to do this, revs galore!! I bit different from the type r where on the same straight this could pull 150, 200cc difference i now but only 8bhp. This was of course was when the road was closed off, it is possible.

225km/h = 140mph

Ran this yesteday but I have done 235km/h (146mph) and the car is stock !!

245332115.jpg

140mph with downhill slope redline in 5th

if i had changed to 6th i prob would have got 145mph (eventually).

but on a straight 135mph

I've hit 1.3 leptons (indicated) on an airfield, but it was still going when I backed off - it was most fun!

To all of those who have managed in excess of 120MPH fair pay to you i hit 125 in my compressor and thought it felt a bit light on the front end would nt like to have tried to take a motorway corner

To all of those who have managed in excess of 120MPH fair pay to you i hit 125 in my compressor and thought it felt a bit light on the front end would nt like to have tried to take a motorway corner

Mine was tied down to the rollers so no fear there! :lol:

Today I went to Germany and I don´t have to explane this photo !!!

240Km/h = 149mph but this is more like 250!!!!!

250.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links