Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 6 Questions

Special Red

rarely use the rear seats myself. what does bother me tho is the speed they flip up at when you lift the lever. friend of mine got a headrest traveling 600mph in his face the other day. funny, but still!

Yeah i know what you mean, funny ain't it? :lol::lol: Esecially when its the 1st time someone as been in your car, it gr8 just watching them move so quick to try and get out of its way :lol:

When i 1st had the car i used to pull the leaver from sitting in the drivers seat, and it smacked me in the head rather hard :wacko: , so don't do it anymore :lol:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Special Red

• sotal

• kirst_ie

• daktari

Mike Im not overly bothered its just a chance to discuss the bad points! So that makes it a very rare thread indeed!

Mike Im not overly bothered its just a chance to discuss the bad points! So that makes it a very rare thread indeed!

There are other BAD points on the celi tho.

Such as the windows shake when there half way down, you have to have it all the way down or nothing at all, also you can hear alot of road noise when travelling at high speed. You cant get to the door Speakers without removing the entire door car :ffs: , now hows stupid idea was that???

My mom moans about the rear seats being bucket style and she can't sit comfy in them (that doen bother me to much tho, never gonna be sitting in the back of my own car)

Also if you have a sub in the boot the plastic in the boot rattels and the number plate trim rattles also :ffs:

but apart from those things i quite like the car :thumbsup:

yeah, my whole rear bumper gives it some when my subs on loud. anoying really, but seems like a huge job to sort it all our :P

yeah, my whole rear bumper gives it some when my subs on loud. anoying really, but seems like a huge job to sort it all our :P

Turn it down you only look like an idiot! :P :thumbsup:

Such as the windows shake when there half way down, you have to have it all the way down or nothing at all, also you can hear alot of road noise when travelling at high speed. You cant get to the door Speakers without removing the entire door car :ffs: , now hows stupid idea was that???

My mom moans about the rear seats being bucket style and she can't sit comfy in them (that doen bother me to much tho, never gonna be sitting in the back of my own car)

Also if you have a sub in the boot the plastic in the boot rattels and the number plate trim rattles also :ffs:

Never noticed the windows rattle, I quite often drive with them half down.

But I agree as with any car it does have bad points:

The number 1 bad point has to be the lights at night - they are absolutley sh eye t!

The standard ST didn't come with a grille in the bumper so the radiator just gets belted with birds and things (for a £20 option you'd think they'd just put it on)

Not enough came with leather seats.

The spare wheel sticks up too far - should have been a space saver with a flat boot.

The bucket seats in the back make it hard to put a child seat in.

But the bad points aren't "that" bad. A lot of the complaints are with the back seats - atleast it's got some! They're only really of any use to children but you can't have everything.

At the end of the day it looks like you are trying to find faults with the Celica - Just be happy with it, at the end of the day it's better than any Vauxhall, espicially Calibras, and definatley old scrapheap Astras (which I think is what you're trying to get at ;) )

Buy a gt4 the noise of the engine covers any rattles

How often do you have to get at the Speakers, you'd only moan about the cover rattling if it had them.

Don't let her get in the car :P

Be glad you can fit a sub in your boot, try fitting one round the boot of a GT4 if the spare wheel raise isn't in the way then the strut brace will be!!

:thumbsup:

Im more than happy with the car overall, just seeing what others think.

Iagree sotal the windows seem fine on mine but as for wind noise , yeah there a bit noisey but this seems to be the trend with frameless doors!

I pick faults with eveything and eveyone, you should know this :lol:

A person with a family (kids anyway) shouldn't really have a car like this anyhow.

But overall i quite like it.

Even a car like a ferrai has faults, there is always things that people will paick at.

A person with a family (kids anyway) shouldn't really have a car like this anyhow.

Even a car like a ferrai has faults, there is always things that people will paick at.

Can I pick Faults - Your Spelling :P :lol:

Can I pick Faults - Your Spelling :P :lol:

Pick all you want my friend, i dont care :lol: :P

Hey im at work, gotta be sneaky as im usually bored stiff, so this is my only entertainment for 7 1/2 hours out of 8. ha ha :lol: Your lucky i usually type how i text.

Woah!!!. Thats a pretty sweeping statement. :crybaby:

Cant hear much of the sound outside, doesnt even have to be loud for the bumper vibrate due to the low frequency (60hz) i'm running the 12" at.

Dont really care how i look either, i like to be able to listen to loud music when i want, hense the system. pretty good sound proofing on the celi anyway, the vibration from the boot is all you can hear :)

Gives the old codgers something to whine about while their waiting for their bus i suppose.

I wasn't being nasty but this sorta car is not suitable to be used as family car (apart from the boot) Can fit LOADSA a shopping in there :lol:

The rear seats are not practical for baby seats or booster seats for the kids and you can't really keep baby seat in the front.

You need something like a Ford galaxy, people carrier style :D

Sorry if i offended anyone :thumbsup:

You're right about putting a baby seat in the front - you can't do it in the Celica. You have to have a key thing to turn to be able to disable the passenger air bag.

The back seats actaully aren't too bad for a baby seat if you get the right one. I pick my nephew up quite a bit and the first car seat they had would have been dangerous in the Celica - it just wanted to tip up all the time - but the second one they had fits like a glove and I would say it was more secure than in most cars.

I do tend to bang my head when getting him out of the car though :lol:

I try to keep kids out of my car, last time i had a kid in my car he found a chocolate in his coat pocket and decided to start to eat it and wiped his hands all up the rear quater windows and all over my seats :ffs: :crybaby: . So littles ones are a no no in my Celi unless there is no other option :)

I always take my nephew out in the car - Im gauranteed to get the ladies attention! wink wink

There's a couple with a baby on GT4OC and they've got 2 gt4's and don't seem to have any problems.

Just need to get the right kiddie seat. :thumbsup:

Surly it's not a case of shouldn't but weather you want too. I'd hate having a people carrier after having a GT4, even the Astra company car seems pants in comparison. But then it is pants so ho hum. :P

• 5 weeks later...

Continuing on the theme of small but irritating problems.... I use my sunroof alot on my UK GT 6 and when closing it, it stops about halfway and requires me to release and repress the button to get it to continue. I don't think this is a fault as it stops in exactly the same place every time. Does anyone else have this issue?

Ben

It`s not an issue on the Gen 5`s but i seem to recall reading about it for the gen6. Something to do with being a safety feature. Stops small children being decapitated. You have to do the button thing twice, kind of making sure you really do want to shut it. :rolleyes:

Continuing on the theme of small but irritating problems.... I use my sunroof alot on my UK GT 6 and when closing it, it stops about halfway and requires me to release and repress the button to get it to continue. I don't think this is a fault as it stops in exactly the same place every time. Does anyone else have this issue?

Ben

This annoys the living s**t outta me :angry: , the 1st couple of times i thought it was me not pushing it hard enough, then i thought it had a problem, but when i aske Toymota they said its supposed to do that :angry: .

Stupid Annoying thing.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links