Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Colour Injector?

Cerwin

Hi all.. newbie q if ne 1 can help.

Having issues with my 1996 carina e (1.8cd) 7a-fe engine. Thanks to a lot of the threads here i reckon it could be a particular injector playing up so i gave a few scrappies a ring to get replacements. They asked what colour i wanted (to which i had no reply) but a conversation with 1 chap led to him saying its probably a blue one! phoned another scrappy who said green? so a bit confused now.. is there a quick easy way for me to check what colour my injectors are?

further more.. what is the significance with the varying colours.

Thanks!

nvm managed to find out what colour they are myself.

now what are the chances of that, I logged on tonight with a query about injection colours :D

I have the same model carina, same engine.

I have blue injectors and one is playing up, been quoted #112 for a new one. Looking for an old one and a company have offered a set of 4 yellows and the rail and said that i could replace all four this way.

Does anyone know if this is gonna work swapping blues for yellows???? Due to have this done early next week.

c

nvm managed to find out what colour they are myself.

now what are the chances of that, I logged on tonight with a query about injection colours :D

I have the same model carina, same engine.

I have blue injectors and one is playing up, been quoted #112 for a new one. Looking for an old one and a company have offered a set of 4 yellows and the rail and said that i could replace all four this way.

Does anyone know if this is gonna work swapping blues for yellows???? Due to have this done early next week.

c

yeh mine r blue n all.. was quoted a stupidly expensive price by dealers and a 2 week wait time so i just picked up a pair from a scrappy for 20 quid.

not sure on if the yellows would work tho.

Well done for finding one! :)

I was quoted #112 plus VAT, but none of the local toyota dealers actually have any. These are on back order til August from what I am lead to believe.

I was advised not to mess about and change colour injectors as the engine is set up for the blues.

Now frantically searching the net and for breakers who might have one.

c

You don't have to replace injectors unless that are completely shot. I've used these with good results for my Corolla injectors. They do a postal service and I had 36 hour turnround with mine.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links