Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Back In The Fold

chrisio

I tried loading mine and it just carries on, happy as anything and pulling strong :thumbsup:

The Civic Type R that tried to lose me on the M6 on Friday thought the same... B)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chrisio

• mark swift

• Bodgit

• Rinko

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, car went into Toyota, fuel lines and tank flushed, ECU reset to factory.

Guess what? No change...

I am really getting tired of this now, it cannot be doing the car any good at all, and the state of my engine concerns me.

Question for you all, how noisy is your car on idle, do you hear a noise after 5 seconds of starting the car, like the supercharger coming on? I find mine quite noisy on tick over, not loud, just 'busy sounding'.

Not sure what I'll do next. Even thinking of trying to return the car.

All the best

Mark

I get a noise but I assumed it was the air pump for the emmisions ;)

The supercharger should not be running in idle. If you look under the bonnet at the pulley only the outside should be turning and not the clutch assembly.

I find that the engine does have a 'busy' sound as you call it but I thought that was just the way it is.

Guess what? No change...

I am really getting tired of this now, it cannot be doing the car any good at all, and the state of my engine concerns me.

Question for you all, how noisy is your car on idle, do you hear a noise after 5 seconds of starting the car, like the supercharger coming on? I find mine quite noisy on tick over, not loud, just 'busy sounding'.

All the best

Mark

Mark - is the sound you hear a "clunk"?

If so, that's the ABS system performing it's self test (there is some info about it in your handbook).

If it's not - perhaps you could describe it so that compressor owners might be able to identify it?

Cheers,

Rinko

Guess what? No change...

All the best

Mark

Mark - is the sound you hear a "clunk"?

If so, that's the ABS system performing it's self test (there is some info about it in your handbook).

If it's not - perhaps you could describe it so that compressor owners might be able to identify it?

Cheers,

Rinko

Clunk, bang, rattle, tap ti tap :eek: .

Nah only joking. Its not the ABS, that seems to happen when I first drive off. This noise happans after about 5-10 seconds of starting the engine. Its like a pump noise as Chrisio describes, maybe for emissions? But does that pump run even when the engine is warm.

If you start the compressors engine, and wait 5 seconds or so... Clunk it starts. With the AC the engine sounds like a million and one things are running, funny old motor.

Been on the phone to Toyota again, they say its virtually impossible the car could be pinking on V Power with 99 octane. Obviously I am a miracle worker then :yahoo: ! Then they tried to tell me it could be a characteristic odf the engine... Yeah.

So much for new cars being hassle free :censor: .

TC all

Mark

On another note, who has taken the little air intake pipe of the airbox as mentioned on the forums, have tried it over the last 24hrs, interesting sound :thumbsup: ...

TC all

Mark

I am a little concerned you have taken the intake pipe off. This would invalidate your warranty and that is the last thing you want to do at the moment by the sound of the problems you are having.

On another note, who has taken the little air intake pipe of the airbox as mentioned on the forums, have tried it over the last 24hrs, interesting sound :thumbsup: ...

TC all

Mark

I am a little concerned you have taken the intake pipe off. This would invalidate your warranty and that is the last thing you want to do at the moment by the sound of the problems you are having.

The way his car is behaving he could claim it fell off :rolleyes:

TC all

Mark

To be honest, if I drive it sensible, the pinking does not appear, but who buys a compressor for that? :huh:

Ok all,

LATEST: The pipe is back on, happy now :P ?

Right, the car has been in this morning, I took the foreman out who said that noise (he said it was not pinking, and refused to comment on what it was as he was not sure! :huh: ), was not that noisy and "could just be the engine". Mmmmmm :unsure: . He even tried to say that he could not hear it at first, but then said that he could hear "a noise". Like he said they have no experience of compressors.

The strange thing was that before I left the garage to head back home, he asked me for my keys, not thinking much of it I handed them to him. Now the weird bit, I got back in my car to come home, and... somethings feels very different, the car seems slow to about 5500 revs, then goes mad, like the lift I experienced when I reset my ECU by disconnecting the Battery. Have they reset the ECU on the sly :blink: ? The pinking appears to have gone though...maybe. Lets see when it gets a good run. They were meant to have reset the ECU when they drained and changed the fuel and filters, maybe they just forgot and have tried to do it on the quiet? I am confused, but the car is very different...

The car appears to be much slower the way its running right now...

Its all weird. The next step is a Toyota rep coming to the garage to discuss the problem with me...

Mr T might have a returned Compressor soon :eek:

Interesting ;)

I must admit the Compressor does seem docile compared to a T-Sport.

The power does come in higher up the rev range but without the 'kick' you get when you normally get the lift.

Once it starts happening though, it gets crazy :rolleyes:

Interesting ;)

I must admit the Compressor does seem docile compared to a T-Sport.

The power does come in higher up the rev range but without the 'kick' you get when you normally get the lift.

Once it starts happening though, it gets crazy :rolleyes:

Ok,

Car is going back for a refund or exchange hopefully. They have admitted there are problems with the cars, and that they are having problems with them even on 98 octane fuel. They said that they HAVE received ALOT of complaints from owners. I wonder if they will offer me the same discount on the Celica GT as they did on the compressor for my troubles?

Mark

I must be one of the lucky ones, or I should start driving with my windows down ;)

Look on the bright side, they can only get 250 complaints at the most :rolleyes:

NEED HELP :help:

Looks like Toyota 'May' be replacing my compressor with a new one, not so sure if I should take the risk, or get my money back.

My question is:

They are saying that the only fuel the car should/could use is Optimax or V Power. They say that the car cannot even be filled with Totals, Tescos etc 98 Octane Fuel (Super Unleaded), as the octanes of these fuels are 96/97 :wacko:

So, have any of you filled up with either Totals/Tesco/Asdas normal Super Unleaded? Have any of you even filled with regular? Did you experience any pinking on these fuels?

I want to know if its worth getting another, its surely not if I have to hunt out specific V Power garages! :eek:

Looks like Toyota 'May' be replacing my compressor with a new one, not so sure if I should take the risk, or get my money back.

My question is:

They are saying that the only fuel the car should/could use is Optimax or V Power. They say that the car cannot even be filled with Totals, Tescos etc 98 Octane Fuel (Super Unleaded), as the octanes of these fuels are 96/97 :wacko:

So, have any of you filled up with either Totals/Tesco/Asdas normal Super Unleaded? Have any of you even filled with regular? Did you experience any pinking on these fuels?

I want to know if its worth getting another, its surely not if I have to hunt out specific V Power garages! :eek:

First and foremost. I have been told there are no new ones. they have all been sold with the last few being sold to dealers. I found this out by actually phoning a dealership and trying to buy a new one. If you do get a brand new one please let us know as i will go to trading standards because this to me would be proof they are making more that the advertised 250.

I was filling up with tesco fuel and did not notice anything wrong with the car. I now use v-power all the time. the only reason i do this is because i have heard lots of bad things about supermarket fuel the main one being it is the older stuff that is coming up to its distribute by date.

If you go for a new one, see if they will throw in leather or sat nav as compensation. worth a try :)

If you take the replacement car I would assume the money back is still an option? If not and you want to stay with a Compressor ... why not get your money back and go to another dealer and get a new one and see how that one fares (alot of hassle, but offers you a fair bit of protection should you decide it's not for you)?

Normal T-Sport seems to run fine on normal 95/ super 97-98 or premium 99-100, but it sounds like the compressor is a different beast - I would assume that's because the engine has been mapped for the higher octane?

ok i just seen and sat in chris's car i can see why he is please with his new Corolla Compressor it is quick off the mark and these nice 2 ton leather seat's are very comfortable and to be honest right now i cant help but feeling a little jealous of him. :crybaby: :D :D must go sleep to get his car out of my head :P :D :D

ok i just seen and sat in chris's car i can see why he is please with his new Corolla Compressor it is quick off the mark and these nice 2 ton leather seat's are very comfortable and to be honest right now i cant help but feeling a little jealous of him. :crybaby: :D :D must go sleep to get his car out of my head :P :D :D

You aren't the only one ...

Those seats are spank-tastic!

I fill up with Tesco and Sainsburys super unleaded all the time with no problems at all.

It's mainly as they are closer than the Shell garage :rolleyes:

I think you have just been unlucky as mine is giving me loads of fun without problems.

As for Toyota 'finding' you another Compressor, all they do is go on their database to find a brand new one still in a dealers stock and get it transfered to your dealer.

Easy :thumbsup:

BTW, before your car goes back can you check the flap thing on the back of the airbox?

There is a round assembly that looks like it should have a vacuum pipe to it but mine is not there.

Just wondering if the Compressors leave the flap open all the time to get more air in ;)

I did ask the question here but figured nobody saw it :(

ok guys not rolla compressor but still a TTE compressor,

i went over to TTE to have mine fitted and i was using Shell 100 ron over there,

the guys at TTE told me to only use 99 and above fuel.

When i got back to uk i was very low on fuel and had to put 95 ron it on m25,

it made my engine management light come on, i pulled over on hard shoulder

and called the techys at TTE , i told them it had flashed 3 times and they said straight away

had i just filled up with fuel? i said yes and they said it was because i'd used the wrong octane.

They said i'd be ok not to drive too fast keep it to 80, i laughed and said its 70 in uk

and told me to fill up with 99 asap.

so i guess what i'm saying is fuel must make a difference to a compressor.

If you take the replacement car I would assume the money back is still an option? If not and you want to stay with a Compressor ... why not get your money back and go to another dealer and get a new one and see how that one fares (alot of hassle, but offers you a fair bit of protection should you decide it's not for you)?

Normal T-Sport seems to run fine on normal 95/ super 97-98 or premium 99-100, but it sounds like the compressor is a different beast - I would assume that's because the engine has been mapped for the higher octane?

Well,

Toyota have refused to take the car back, in their opinion (Or the women on the phones! :censor: ) this is not a reason to reject a car? HA. What is, the engine falling out? Its been faulty from day one, and the garage filled it with the wrong petrol with 2 miles on the clock! That alone is a big enough reason to reject a car. How would their opinion change if it was their car from new?

To the courts it is then, Toyota have really let me down. I cannot explain how gutted I am, I will return the keys and paperwork to the garage on Monday. The law even says that I am within my rights... No car for me then. Hire car? bugger.

:censor:

Mark

Real shame matey - I'm sure you have the weight of law on your side, so you won't have any issues with returning the car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links