Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Back In The Fold

chrisio

Hi, I just bought another Toyota after driving a Jeep for nearly three years :blushing:

My last Corolla was one of the first T-Sports registered in '02 and I was the first person to order front brake pads according to Toyota :rolleyes:

Anyway, I get my T-Sport Compressor next Tuesday and am really looking forward to driving a 'proper' car again!

Just one thing I am curious about though is why the supercharger has an electric clutch on the pulley, like an AC type :unsure:

I can find no reference to it anywhere but wondered if it was for low speed economy.

Any ideas please!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chrisio

• mark swift

• Bodgit

• Rinko

Top Posters In This Topic

Just one thing I am curious about though is why the supercharger has an electric clutch on the pulley, like an AC type :unsure:

I can find no reference to it anywhere but wondered if it was for low speed economy.

It seems quite common for superchargers to have some sort of clutch mechanism so that they only spin up when there is a demand for more power, eg. over a certain number of revs or when the accelerator is pushed down hard.

I don't know what the activation mechanism is in the Corolla, but I imagine it will help the engine economy and emissions. This car is Euro IV whereas the CTS wasn't.

Paul.

Thanks Paul :)

I also run a supercharged Ford Mustang and its pulley is always in drive so I was wondering if I could over-ride the Corolla one for the drag strip :thumbsup:

If its the same as the one on my yaris,

it will have a clutch built into the pulley wheel and when acelerating gently and slowly

normal driving, the supercharger does not come in, you'll have no boost.

i can take my car to well over 90 where allowed without the charger comming in, as long as i acellerate slowly.

acellerate hard and the charger comes in straight away.

it has a centrifugal clutch.

If the compressor hasnt got a boost gauge as standard, [im not sure] i'd get one fitted :yes:

you'll be fine on a drag strip put your foot down and the powers there straight away if you wish.

btw where abouts in the midlands are you from ?

Hi, I just bought another Toyota after driving a Jeep for nearly three years :blushing:

My last Corolla was one of the first T-Sports registered in '02 and I was the first person to order front brake pads according to Toyota :rolleyes:

Anyway, I get my T-Sport Compressor next Tuesday and am really looking forward to driving a 'proper' car again!

Any ideas please!

hi your in for a treat i own a corolla compressor great car and quick.as regarding your query on the compressor it does have an electronic clutch which engages everytime you press the throttle but only when driving ie just reving the engine the compressor does not run only while being driven.you will find also that from cold the compressor is not active for a short while then kicks in but engine revs are limited while engine warms up to the second mark on temp gauge thats when you can get full throttle.have fun i do .ps had a subaru try pull away from me today and couldn,t lose me gave him a little smile as i went passed him when he gave up . :D :driving:

Thanks Kimi :thumbsup:

Oh, and I'm from Sutton Coldfield :)

hi your in for a treat i own a corolla compressor great car and quick.as regarding your query on the compressor it does have an electronic clutch which engages everytime you press the throttle but only when driving ie just reving the engine the compressor does not run only while being driven.you will find also that from cold the compressor is not active for a short while then kicks in but engine revs are limited while engine warms up to the second mark on temp gauge thats when you can get full throttle.have fun i do .ps had a subaru try pull away from me today and couldn,t lose me gave him a little smile as i went passed him when he gave up . :D :driving:

Hiya, yes I am looking forward to it.

Roll on Tuesday B)

I couldn't really try it out on the test drive as it was cold and the salesman looked a bit nervous :lol:

Thanks Kimi :thumbsup:

Oh, and I'm from Sutton Coldfield :)

Hiya, yes I am looking forward to it.

Roll on Tuesday B)

I couldn't really try it out on the test drive as it was cold and the salesman looked a bit nervous :lol:

let us know what you think after you have tried her out make sure you warm up first! :pepsi::thumbsup:

Well I picked up the Compressor yesterday and what a great car B)

I liked my old T-Sport but the new car seems more refined and the power seems to come in more smoothly :thumbsup:

The only gripe is that although the display shows average mph (huh?) the Compressor is listed as not having the mpg feature.

I wonder if it is because the consumption is so poor compared to 'normal' Corollas :lol:

If that's the only downside then I am very happy.

Just curious, as there are only going to be 250 Compressors in RHD does anybody know if they are numbered? Just a daft thing really but I never had a limited edition before :P

Well I picked up the Compressor yesterday and what a great car B)

I liked my old T-Sport but the new car seems more refined and the power seems to come in more smoothly :thumbsup:

The only gripe is that although the display shows average mph (huh?) the Compressor is listed as not having the mpg feature.

I wonder if it is because the consumption is so poor compared to 'normal' Corollas :lol:

If that's the only downside then I am very happy.

Just curious, as there are only going to be 250 Compressors in RHD does anybody know if they are numbered? Just a daft thing really but I never had a limited edition before :P

you got it right when you said why no mpg display cos it goes down to quick :lol2: i get about 245 to 260 a tank its hard to keep of that throttle.big difference all round in handling and performance to t sport wouldn,t you say. to many think its a t-sport with a supercharger but theres a big difference you got to drive one to fully appreciate.their is only 250 in britain {no there not numbered shame}but they in other countries :thumbsup: what colour did you get i got black great to keep clean!!!

congratulations on your purchase. they dont display the mpg in the car because people would cry. The last time i calculated the fuel consumption on my compressor it was 20.6mpg. when i first baught the car i filled the tank, drove 60 miles and topped the tank back up again at a cost of £17.

2 Guarantees with a compressor. they will drink fuel and they will put a smile on your face everytime you go out for a drive

[ what colour did you get i got black great to keep clean!!!

I got metallic black too B)

The seats are black leather edges with red leather centres. Strange as the brochure showed a T-Sport logo embossed but mine are plain ;)

True about the grin factor, Local Golfs are already trying to pick on me :rolleyes:

True about the grin factor, Local Golfs are already trying to pick on me :rolleyes:

I noticed this, one tried as i was driving back from the dealers the day i picked it up. Shame i couldnt go for it. i hadnt quite worked out how well it was going to handle at that point.

Out of the 250 do we know what are the numbers sold of each colour. Mine is red by the way.

2 Guarantees with a compressor. they will drink fuel and they will put a smile on your face everytime you go out for a drive

:lol: gotta agree with you there, the yaris also drinks fuel and sure makes you grin :D :D

Interesting, the dealer just called to see how I was getting on, which is nice.

I asked about the trim and he explained it is a one-off as they had a cloth seated model retrimmed in the red and black with red leather on the doors as well. B)

That clears that up then :rolleyes:

Interesting, the dealer just called to see how I was getting on, which is nice.

I asked about the trim and he explained it is a one-off as they had a cloth seated model retrimmed in the red and black with red leather on the doors as well. B)

That clears that up then :rolleyes:

Lucky you! That's even more exclusive now! The leather upgrade option on the T Sport was half leather, half alcantara...

Good luck with the car and get some good pics up, especially of the interior! :thumbsup:

Thats the dogs doo daa's mate. Very nice, Very Very Nice :thumbsup:

Jammy Git

Somebody ban him from the forums he's making me jealous :lol:

Don't hate me :P :lol:

congratulations! you need to test the power and acceleration please!

...We had one compressor TTE we tried it. it was as fast as normal TS 15.3xET for qurater mile. computer was not showing fuel consumption..i bet it eats at least 13l economy drive ;-)

congratulations! you need to test the power and acceleration please!

It's claimed to have 215bhp but it's going on the dyno soon so we will see what it really is ;)

I'm surprised that you only got a 15.3, I expected a little quicker than that. I'll try it down the strip when I have a chance and let you know how I get on :)

qucik qestion my mate pointed out. interior does not have any TTE signs!? why!?

these seatts look a bit different and handbreak as well...

13_24.JPG

Mine only has the T-Sport logo on the speedo and mats. The optional leather interior should have a 'T' on the backrest.

Who owns the car in your photo, are they leather?

The seats look remakably like mine, maybe Toyota is BS-ing me ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links