Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Another Project - Car Off The Road Again

adamgt

Well now i have started to fit my FMIC kit. The Kit is actually made for a pulsar so as you can imagine there's a fair amount of work involved in directing the pipework in an engine bay with almost no space at all!! :ffs:

So far i have Removed the Battery, induction kit heat shiled, front bumper and the complete charge cooler setup (core, piping, pump & rad). Ive also cut some pipework and got in place and through the trickyest part of the maze, but i need some silicone hose to continue with the pipework. also relocated some parts such as gearbox oil cooler.

I have also started work on the front bumper as you can see from the pics below. i have removed the grey frame that has the fog lights in it. i have chopped parts off the bumper so that there is now a big open space to show the cooler... but more work is needed on the front bumper and im considering having it resprayed when done :)

Pic of car looking rather sad on my drive with lots of bits missing:

day1.jpg

Engine bay without chargecooler, and you can see where i need a 45degree samco bend to connect the pipework:

enginebay.jpg

Pic of bumper b4 i cut the parts out:

frontb4cut.jpg

Pic to give an idea of how it will look when on (but i will be using blue hose instead, not black):

frontmockup.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adamgt

• Jones~32

• chris202

• Sketchy

scary stuff. I think i'd have sh****** myself by now if my car was lookin like that. Good luck with the improvements.

Off the road again?!?! :laughing:

Does look rather sweet in this pic tho mate :D

frontmockup.jpg

Good luck with geting it sorted :thumbsup:

Nice one. :thumbsup: Wish I had the time to do something like that! I think that front will scare a few people in their rearview :help:

Nice one. :thumbsup: Wish I had the time to do something like that! I think that front will scare a few people in their rearview :help:

Im making use of my free time at the moment as im gonna get a full time job in the next 2 weeks.

I think you're right :rolleyes: it will look rather mean!

Looking good mate .

What kinda difference is the fmic going to make though .

well as you said... it will look good B) it will lower charge temps which will be good for my engine and increase bhp, i will need one anyway for when i run 400-420bhp, and i will also make money on this change over.

FMIC + piping = £230

2x samco bends £30

2x samco reducer hoses= £15

half meter of straight samco=£20

DV T piece= £15

TOTAL = £310

And my chargecooler will sell for £300-£400 on ebayas the MR2 boys like em :thumbsup:

Looking good mate, take it you're going for a straight intake? Are you gonna clock the tubby as well :thumbsup:

Yeah i am going for straight intake and clocked turbo... although im going to leave the straight intake for a short while as the Battery still fits in its original place once the IC pipework is there.

The turbo will face down and i will run some samco down to the position in line with the bottom of the rad and from there its pretty easy, a piece of pipe that has a bend attached to a long straight and then 2 x 90 degree bends and then straight into the IC.

TBH the hardest part of getting the pipeword done is the bit where it goes down past the Battery... bit tight there but i think ive sorted it pretty well :D

Oh and assuming you have the 205 specific power fc you might want to have a look at this for when it all goes back together...

Code 54 Fix

;) :thumbsup:

yeah thats looks a bit fiddly. My plan was to just drive it down to weston and get them to wack it on the dyno and see how it goes... or if they can control this through programming the ecu rather than me messing about with resistors :P :unsure:

is that the kit from D2 power? if so its the same one as ive got on the rolla.

never seen temps above 30 deg on full sustained boost (1.8 bar) and it flows well enough for at least 470 bhp!

i can really reccomend this kit though i would reccomend replacing all the hoses provided for samco as the black ones look a bit naff :thumbsup:

Have to let me know if theres any improvements from the CC on the current boost Adam :)

is that the kit from D2 power? if so its the same one as ive got on the rolla.

never seen temps above 30 deg on full sustained boost (1.8 bar) and it flows well enough for at least 470 bhp!

i can really reccomend this kit though i would reccomend replacing all the hoses provided for samco as the black ones look a bit naff :thumbsup:

you're right. 1st thing i did was buy a load of blue samco :thumbsup:

Have to let me know if theres any improvements from the CC on the current boost Adam :)

will do ;)

will do ;)

Ta very much :)

the front bumper with the intercooler showing looks pretty mean,one of those ones where u look in ur mirror and think, :censor:

the front bumper with the intercooler showing looks pertts mean,one of those ones where u look in ur mirror and think, :censor:

:lol:

Hi guys, made some more progress with this again today. bought the 45degree samco i needed and a 90 degree bend.... ive now realised i need another 45degree tho :censor: doh! I have now completed the pipework all the way from the inlet manifold through to the IC.... and have all the pipework cut and ready to go from the IC to the tubo. :D

2moro my mate is gonna take the turbo off and clock it, then weld brackets in place to hold the cooler 8)

anyway here are some pics to show my progress.

this pic shows the cooler in place and the bumper fitted back on... also my new cool air intake which replacdes a full beam B) :

frontwithintake.jpg

Here you can see the pipework completed from the inlet manifold to the IC... although its not clipped together yet:

pipeson.jpg

This pic shows the engine bay hoses done.. but awaiting the right hose to connect the pipes to the inlet manifold:

pipesonbay.jpg

And this last pic shows my reducer that im using to connect the turbo to the pipework... picked it up on eBay from someone local :D :

turbohose.jpg

1 word...

WOW

Pop round anytime your bored mate.. I'll sort you some work out... :)

Im loving the direct air feed. Question though.. are the front beams needed for the MOT?

looks sweet mate :) give me a PM about that cahrgecooler if you still have it ;)

Fizz... as far as ive known, you can get away with an MOT for 'daylight use only' meaning you can use the car on the roads during the stated times of dusk and dawn by the MET office

i think this mostly applies to street legal track/race cars, although you do have to have some sort of lighting for safetys sake in bad weather etc....

1 word...

WOW

Pop round anytime your bored mate.. I'll sort you some work out... :)

Im loving the direct air feed. Question though.. are the front beams needed for the MOT?

Thanks mate :D :D

I think the front beams may be needed for MOT, but thats not a huge issue.... once you remove the bumper its just 3 bolts to put it back on ;) i dont mind doing it once a year. i only did it because its purely a full beam, and i still have side + Head lights :yes:

looks sweet mate :) give me a PM about that cahrgecooler if you still have it ;)

Thanks B) will send PM now ;)

Thats just **** awesome .

I'm jealous and admit it :( sweet car , looks !Removed! aggresive now :D as someone mentioned if i saw that in my rear view....MOVEEE OVER

Thats just **** awesome .

I'm jealous and admit it :( sweet car , looks !Removed! aggresive now :D as someone mentioned if i saw that in my rear view....MOVEEE OVER

:D im sure you will have a 4 soon i aswell.... then you can fit a fmic too :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links