Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

E12 Rolla Sr

G79

I'm not gonna knock the prius. if it ticks enough of the boxes then go for it mate.

But get one fully loaded, as the amount of aftermarket stuff might be smaller than SR.

I think I'm gonna search for modded prius's/ Prii (what's the plural for prius :lol:)

Rich K :thumbsup:

P.S. If I could have fitted the hybrid system in my G6 or toyota fitted it in the SR I would have found more money to get it, I still have to like the look of a car :).

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G79

• normal bloke

• smoftah

• DaveSR

MAte stick with the corolla! are you high milage? If you are definately stick with the 2.0 D-4D corolla SR.

I drove a Pruis up to Derby from Surrey and on the motorway it was awful compared to the rolla!

I do about 25K a year and I would much prefer it in the corolla plus the real fuel consumption on a Prius up there was doing about 43mpg on the motorway where the rolla would have been about 50mpg. Also the rolla is so much faster (feeling anyway on the motorway) and the one gear only in the Prius really makes the engine scream when giving it some!

Think wisely but I know which one I would choose and have around £7000 in my pocket.

surely the benefit of the prirus is only in stop/start driving

going full pelt up the motorway its engine is in use and there is no benefit

corolla makes much more sense

Top gear did an article on Prius a while ago, they tried to get fuel economy that was quoted and got low 40s, I would say dsl power is more economicl

Righteo... I've been looking in the Prius section about the whole consumtion thing, and there are some mixed feelings on the matter :blink: Some people think that as long as you drive the Prius right (which is to say hard acceleration and then coast) you will still get rather high MPG, and yes then 'main' benefit of the Hybrid is in start/stop traffic (which does happen on the motorway).

The prius uses the petrol engine when accelarating and then uses electric to coast (hence, hard acceleration and then coasting). Also I have read a few articles stating that you can 'mod' the prius by added more batterys and increasing MPG by fooling the car into thinking the car has a full Battery and using the electricity more.

:ffs: I just don't know :(

I think maybe a two-day (weekday) test drive might be called for.

Thoughts?? :help:

G

I think maybe a two-day (weekday) test drive might be called for.

If your main decider on which to buy is mpg then this is definitely a good idea. Take both cars out and do your daily drive and see which one returns the better performance.

If you worked and drove in London then the Prius would be a clear winner (due to no C-Charge) but I agree with some of the other comments made and believe that the diesel is equal to and perhaps better in terms on mpg performance. Plus the rolla SR looks a lot nicer too.

$0.02

EDIT: Just a thought - have you asked the Corolla SR vs Prius question in the Prius section yet? At least then you'll get a biased opinion from both sides so they might cancel each other out and allow you to make a decision.

Cool idea, thanks MiniMarc.

I think I'll start a new thread on this so that other peeps might want to join in.

I do agree, the SR is totally wicked and I love it, although with the new Auris comming out, I'm not sure if maybe it would be worth waiting for that, or what ranges they are going to do.

Cheers

G

EDIT: New Thread is "Prius, Rolla Sr D4d Or Auris"

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links