Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Ordered

G79

'Auriel'??????????

Oh well done Nicola, you'll have hours of fun :).

I've just got back from Bradford, drove there and back in the same day, some 222 miles away :) wow what a drive, didn't feel a chore like it usually does, and that's just one way!!!!

Here's a pic of my baby! :wub: (Still nameless, I'm afraid!)

post-36947-1173740911_thumb.jpg

Done about 200 miles and it's fab. Being really careful though, haven't taken her above 40 mph yet!

Can't wait for a long motorwa trip so I can see what she can do!

Nicola

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G79

• kian

• MarcTS

• nicola_wolves

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a pic of my baby! :wub: (Still nameless, I'm afraid!)

post-36947-1173740911_thumb.jpg

Done about 200 miles and it's fab. Being really careful though, haven't taken her above 40 mph yet!

Can't wait for a long motorwa trip so I can see what she can do!

Nicola

It's so shiny! :D

Very nice in Silver, excellent choice if I may say so :thumbsup:

(but I would say that, my last 4 cars have been silver :rolleyes: )

Oh Kian... I think you and I are going to be the main posters in this forum as thier doesn't seem to be any1 else buying one (well not on this forum)

G

I am waiting to see what the three door looks like ;)

I have a Corolla Verso MMT that has been a nightmare - in the garage more than out. Does anyone have an opinion on the Auris MMT?

Oh Kian... I think you and I are going to be the main posters in this forum as thier doesn't seem to be any1 else buying one (well not on this forum)

G

I am waiting to see what the three door looks like ;)

I have a Corolla Verso MMT that has been a nightmare - in the garage more than out. Does anyone have an opinion on the Auris MMT?

I ordered the T180 and have just received a call from the dealer to say that I will be on the road before the Month is out ( probably the last week) letting me know reg by the end of the week. :yahoo:

WWWHHHHAAATTTTT.... you'll have your T180 before the end of the month, hmmm.. I'll be a little bit scepticle about that... and guess what... I'm STILL waiting for mine!!!! What a load of PANTS!! :crybaby::crybaby:

Congrats Nicola... looking very nice indeed.. I wonder what mine will look like lol :rolleyes:

Has anyone heard of any more container ships sinking? Just wondering if my car is lying at the bottom of the sea or something... what a load of total bananas... or maybe it was washed up on some beach and some other buga has nicked it.... or maybe... it's still in Japan... :ffs: :wacko::blink:

No more takers on the VVTLi competition? Looks like MiniMarc is going to be the winner! :eek: :D :P

G

I have now had my car for 2 weeks, and have not really been able to fault it, I say really, as there is a bit of annoyance, and that is when pulling away from a junction when in automatic is quite sluggish, simple solution is to use manual for changing gear 1-2 then slip back into auto mode

I thought that was it for yours Gav? or have you been able to resolve the finance situation?

Very Vicious Toyota Individual

Hi Chaps! Advice please! :help:

I don't want to sound all girly and "I don't know anything about cars", but I need an answer to a question.

I'm being sooooooo careful with my new baby. I don't want to thrash the engine, but I'm just itching to take her on the motorway and do some speed!

How long should I wait? :unsure: Is there a recommended number of miles?

I'm sure you'll help, so all advice is welcome. :)

Nicola

Hi Chaps! Advice please! :help:

I don't want to sound all girly and "I don't know anything about cars", but I need an answer to a question.

I'm being sooooooo careful with my new baby. I don't want to thrash the engine, but I'm just itching to take her on the motorway and do some speed!

How long should I wait? :unsure: Is there a recommended number of miles?

I'm sure you'll help, so all advice is welcome. :)

Nicola

Usually 1000 miles and the first oil change (though I don't know if Toyota have an oil change at 1000 miles)

But it doesn't really matter if you are keeping the car for 3-4 years, it's really for the longer term if you are keeping it that long.

This page makes for some reading

http://wheeltalk.fancal.net/?p=449

Nicola.. what Engine have you got? If you are driving the Diesel there is a very important piece of information you will need, I read it in their manual, you must let the engine idle (at the end of your journey) for 30seconds to a minute.. depending on how it has been drivin.

Just had a call from MR T and guess what... my car is ready.. only 15 days late.. hmm.. not a happy bunny about it all but at least it's ready... now I just have to sort out my finances grrr...

Ooooo.... BMW eat my smoke.. I just smoked a BMW 320i on my way to work today hahahaha... yes a BMW was beaten by a Toyota woop woop :yahoo: I'm such a bad boy lmao :lol2:

G

Just had a call from MR T and guess what... my car is ready.. only 15 days late.. hmm.. not a happy bunny about it all but at least it's ready... now I just have to sort out my finances grrr...

Ooooo.... BMW eat my smoke.. I just smoked a BMW 320i on my way to work today hahahaha... yes a BMW was beaten by a Toyota woop woop :yahoo: I'm such a bad boy lmao :lol2:

G

Congrats on the car finally being ready and I hope you sort out the finance situation soon.

I'm assuming by the fact you beat a 320 that they let you keep the 2.0 diesel for a few extra days?

Congrats on the car finally being ready and I hope you sort out the finance situation soon.

I'm assuming by the fact you beat a 320 that they let you keep the 2.0 diesel for a few extra days?

Cheers mandingo :D

Hell yes.. I've had it for 9 days now lol... they said I could keep it untill I'm ready to pick mine up.. so thats sweet as. BMW... what a pile of joke lol.. I overtook it while it was doing about 85mph... slow piece of junk hahahaha... hmmm.. did I say 85.. ermm.. I meant 45.. honest guv :rolleyes:

G

Hell yes.. I've had it for 9 days now lol... they said I could keep it untill I'm ready to pick mine up.. so thats sweet as.

So I take it you'll be "sorting" the finance for 6 months and then tell them they can have their banged up old motor back as the engine is wrecked and that you'll be cancelling your order :toast:

Hell yes.. I've had it for 9 days now lol... they said I could keep it untill I'm ready to pick mine up.. so thats sweet as.

So I take it you'll be "sorting" the finance for 6 months and then tell them they can have their banged up old motor back as the engine is wrecked and that you'll be cancelling your order :toast:

Hmmm.. you know.. thats not a bad idea :D :thumbsup: Actually.. I have been treating the car with some respect, been letting it warm up in the morning and idle at the end of the journey, probably more than any1 else has done... and it's always good to open the engine up every now and then... wouldn't you agree :rolleyes:

Oh btw MiniMarc.. did you see Kian's entry for the VVTLi competition.. not bad eh ;)

G

Oh btw MiniMarc.. did you see Kian's entry for the VVTLi competition.. not bad eh ;)

G

I think he should be disqualified on a number of technicalities personally. He has entered into a different competition for VVTI, so he is missing the L.

I definitely need to be crowned the king. :thumbsup:

Hi all, My first post.

Am on the 48 test of a T3 1.6 MMT petrol, Really impressed with it. I will be placing an order tomorrow all thing going well. Am going for a 3 door Petrol TR 1.6 MMT. Anybody know what the delivery times are like,my local dealer say about 6-8 weeks does that sound correct

Hi garyg,

Welcome to TOC :thumbsup: I have no idea on realistic delivery times. The SR seems to be a bit hit and miss in terms of delivery times from what I've seen from people on here already. SOme get it very quickly and others are still waiting .... and waiting .... But I wish you good luck with your purchase :)

OK G79 if you want one that is more fitting to a car company then how about Volumous Vehicle Traders Limited ??

Hi garyg... welcome, I'm sure you'll have hours of fun posting on here... we do :D As for delivery, well... don't ask me about it grrr lol... lets just say mine is 15 days late... so I'm not a happy bunny.... but then they did give me an Auris T-Spirit 2.0 D4D to drive... and oh have I driven it :thumbsup:

MiniMarc.. wtf is Volumous.. your craaazy man... keep it up. As for Kian's entry (Very Vicious Toyota Individual) he has indeed missed th 'L'... Kain... you are the weakest link... goodbye :P If no1 else is willing to enter and try to bear our supreme champion, MiniMarc.. then he will take the crown :king:

G

My bad I was aiming for Voluminous seeing as toyota shift a fair number of motors.

Ahhh... I see... said the blindman to the bishop... it all becomes clear... very good... well it seems you may very well soon be crowned the VVTLi Kind!! :toast::thumbsup:

G

Hi garyg... welcome, I'm sure you'll have hours of fun posting on here... we do :D As for delivery, well... don't ask me about it grrr lol... lets just say mine is 15 days late... so I'm not a happy bunny.... but then they did give me an Auris T-Spirit 2.0 D4D to drive... and oh have I driven it :thumbsup:

MiniMarc.. wtf is Volumous.. your craaazy man... keep it up. As for Kian's entry (Very Vicious Toyota Individual) he has indeed missed th 'L'... Kain... you are the weakest link... goodbye :P If no1 else is willing to enter and try to bear our supreme champion, MiniMarc.. then he will take the crown :king:

G

**** give a guy a break!!! took me a long time just to get the letters in BOLD mind you I am easily confused, am not even a blonde female.... :unsure:

Ok here we go again Very Vicious Toyota Lanky Individual )My sales guy :o

Welcome Garyg! As you'll be aware it's a bit hit and miss with getting orders on time, I ordered mine on the 21st Jan and got it on the 1st March...I must have been the only lucky one who got theirs on time.

Why oh why am I not getting notifications for these posts? I keep missing out on posts grrr I've even got the instant alert thingy ticked! ah well.

EDIT...****= J-eez how is that swearing?

Thnx for the advice chaps! And uumode - that's a useful link.

G79 - it's a petrol engine, but thanks for the tip.

I'll just have to wait a little bit longer for my speed trip ;) but no worries, if it's for the benefit of my baby!

Nicola

Those links have some interesting information - some useful advise. Engines these days are pre-run in before everything is assembled so got get too concerned about doing any damage. Its good to keep under 3k rpm anyway when everything is new just to get the engine and parts lubricated and settled. It is easy to do in the auris 1.6, the engine runs well even at low speeds. A good 500 miles under 3k rpm would be good then just slightly increase it just dont redline.

Turbo diesels also have a myth surrounding them to idle the engine. Older turbo diesel's were made of a certain babbit metal i think that was prone to damage by heat change. Oil was used to cool and circulate as the bearings span. Basically the engines run v.hot and to turn them off straight away may cause damage to the turbo shaft due to sudden cooling and leave a build up of carbon from the oil burning. New turbo's dont inherit these problems, they are all made to withstand heat change and the synthetic oils dont burn at all.

OldSkoO1.. yes I'd heard ti was something to do with the bearings... but I read in the manual that you should let the engine idle.. so I have been... maybe you don't have to do it... but I did lol

:crybaby::crybaby: Bad news everyone..... no finance.. well not the amount I want anyway.. so it looks like after all this waiting and anxisiousness... I'm not getting my Auris :crybaby::crybaby: I can however get a smaller loan... hmmm... well after driving a 2.0 D4D there is no way I'm getting back in a 1.4.. so I'm thinking maybe of going back to my original decision (if you had been reading the Corolla forum a few months back you would know what I'm talking about)... a Corolla 2.0 D4D SR, 6 months old or so me thinks. It won't be the same though :crybaby::crybaby: What a load of pants :censor: :ffs: :censor: :ffs:

G

Mate, I'm really sorry to hear you couldn't get the finance sorted out. Was this through Toyota or a bank loan?

How about offering to buy the loan car off them you are driving right now? Would that drop the cost down suitably?

Mate, I'm really sorry to hear you couldn't get the finance sorted out. Was this through Toyota or a bank loan?

How about offering to buy the loan car off them you are driving right now? Would that drop the cost down suitably?

Through both.. toyota bummed out 1st, then I tried everywhere else but with no luck.. damn it. But I can get a smaller loan, probably about £7k - £8k, originaly Toyota offered me £5,500 for the Corolla, but they said if the deal changed they probably wouldn't be able to offer me that much, so even if I did get £5,500 + the £8k I still only have £13,500... not enough me thinks :( As for the loan car, well, hmm... they would have to take the "Auris 2 day Test Drive" off the side first lol... plus... that car has probably been spanked by everyone whos had it so the engine probably didn't even get a chance to 'bed in' properly... so I don't think I would have that one :rolleyes:

Cheers though, I'm looking around at other cars at the moment, see if anything else takes my fancy, but I'm basing my decision of the Corolla SR, so must be diesel, at least a 0-60 of 10 or so seconds, good MPG, less than 5k or so on the clock, no more than a year old, and within budget, also must have nice interior and be below a 101 in reliability (check Reliability Index)

G

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links