Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1st Wedding Anniversiry Gift Ideas Needed....

Fizz

Can you believe it will be one year on the 10th of April when i got married! How !Removed! quick has that come round!! :blink:

Budget say max £200 as we are currently in the process of buying a house and just handed over the best part of £8k over to the solicitor last week! :!Removed!:

Any idea's welcomed... :thumbsup:

p.s) it dont have to be expensive but it HAS to be memorable.. :yes:

dont think 'present'ing myself would be suffice on this occasion. :lol:

I was gonna say give her a card with an IOU in it... :D

Being the soppy romantic - how did you propose?

Somewhere specific? Perhaps go back there again (unless it was McDonalds or the sort)?

Paper is the traditional 1st anniversary gift - portarit from a professional photographer, hot air ballon ride with champers (no spitting over the edge!)?

Well the traditional 1st wedding anniversary present should be made of paper. So you could go for tickets to see something that the other half has been droning on about quietly mentioned for instance, or maybe get a nice photo album and put a load of special photos (wedding pics etc) into it (if you haven't aready done this) or perhaps get a photo blown up and framed to hang on the wall.

If I have any more paper-based brain farts, I'll let ya know :D

Didnt really propose as such... its complicated.. lol

With regards to getting a photo album she already has a couple which she aint got round to selecting and printing pics for.

We already have a couple of large pictures on the wall.. one canvass jobbie and one propper framed jobbie.

Paper is the traditional 1st anniversary gift - portarit from a professional photographer, hot air ballon ride with champers (no spitting over the edge!)?

we bought my mum a balloon flight for her birthday... went on it with her & it was amazing... she loved every minute off it & said it was one of the best presents ever...

Didnt really propose as such... its complicated.. lol

So the father-in-law got involved with his shotgun then did he? ;) :gunsmilie:

What about clocks? They are the modern 1st anniversary present. Can you think of anything out of the ordinary to do with clocks? I remember seeing a company who made paper clocks to combine both traditional and modern gifts and they were actually amazing (despite how it sounds). Probably doesn't cover the "memorable" criteria though.

Congratulations Fizz.... the years flown by - just think, a year ago you were carefree and single and now you do as your good lady wife tells you.... and thats the way it should be, dont ever think otherwise mate! :lol:

Paper is a tradition for 1st wedding anniversaries but so are fresh water pearls and pansies if that helps you at all?

Or how about a pet - I have a couple of naughty kitties that I'm threatening to put up for adoption if Nafisa fancies one? :D

Congratulations!

I did a quick Google ( :blink: ) and found this.

Going with the clock as the modern equivalent but making it more personal, what about a watch?

cheers for the idea's and congrats etc.. :)

With regards to a kitten.. she already has a cat along with 2 rabbits.. :lol:

Al J - Thanks for the link.. i must have looked at hundreds of those types of site now and it all boring. We aint into this paper tradition etc.. just want something personal and memorable. :)

Boots do a gourmet treat in France (1 night stay + food), comes on a paper voucher. Its under 200 pounds too. they do a similar thing for a UK break where obviously the travelling will be less.

For memorable, can't beat a dawn balloon flight for that sort of cash, if you haven't done one before. Try to get one where you muck in and help inflate the thing, adds to the experience.

Would love to go on a baloon flight but alas she hates confined spaces... :lol:

Dangle her out over the edge of the basket and she'll have more than enough open space :eek:

Fizz, that shouldn't be a problem, I hate heights and confined spaces but I LOVED a balloon flight we did on holiday a few years ago.

I like the sound of pearls! You can get some lovely necklaces or bracelets nowadays and it would be something she could treasure!...or......I have a 'charm' bracelet which was specially made for me, its got all sorts of different stones from garnets to saphires and all sorts of others, each year or anniversary I was bought one more stone monuted on to it so its got loads on it now. Its worth a lot of money now and yet because they were bought separately they weren't too expensive each. .....Oh and Happy Anniversary, I remember your wedding very well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love to Nafissa....we must get her down here soon!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links